• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Thanks for the info and the welcome! We ditched WL last year because of the pool mess and were very glad we did! AKL was great but the rest of the crew missed WL so we were coming back this time. REALLY hoping that there isn't any construction when we are there - I live in a construction zone right now. I'll doublecheck with our TA to be sure about the view request.

Good job Tigger137. I just wonder what Disney thinks after seeing these photos posted here. You know they have seen them.::yes::

guess as long as the main pool is open and the whole resort is not walled up, we will be fine. We are booked for April 15-22nd. in a studio and had requested ground floor facing the pool. That might be the worst requests ever made! hahahaa

Congratulations to your DD! My DD also graduates 6/16, but hasn't narrowed down her graduation trip yet. Since your stay is a year away, I would recommend waiting till we have some official word from Disney/VWL, which hopefully will be this summer. If the construction does start in September, then some VWL/WL status reports should start to be posted around then and that will help you to make a better informed decision.
Thanks for the help :)

:sad:Typical, just booked for November 2016. We were there at the start of the pool construction last year and the noise was bad. Can't believe there is going to be more construction, so disappointed

:sad:Typical, just booked for November 2016. We were there at the start of the pool construction last year and the noise was bad. Can't believe there is going to be more construction, so disappointed

It's going to be OK :). Dumbo Mad.... the WL will take care of you :). Sandy and I are already booked for NOV 2015, and APR 2016. Soon as out 11 month DVC window opens up for NOV 2016? We'll book that too :).

By way of comparison.... does anyone else own a home they LOVE - and the City shows up to do repaving, tree cutting, sewer replacement, something else annoying? For US (a purely personal thought....) it's OK for Disney to keep up & improve our OTHER home :).

My son & DIL & GS (4 he been bugging them now to go to Disney, too much TV it finally worked in my favor ;) much to his Mom dismay) want to finally go down with us next year if they open up another military discount but want to stay Coronado Spring which on the other hand we do not. If they are only staying 4 nights I am thinking WL his favorite resort. My husband & I talked about it and they tell us how much they are willing to may we will put the other half in if they would stay at the WL or AKL. My son is thinking about for now. I told him if he is paying $1800 for a cottage in VA Beach three blocks from ocean they he can at least put in $1000 & maybe I will buy him the tickets and give him my air miles since they will expire next Dec 2016. But I am will to see what happen at the WL. We go down this September so we will be able to see what is going on. I am willing to test it out.

Dean Marino, yes have road work that I can hear along with military jets flying over all the times lol

It's going to be OK :). Dumbo Mad.... the WL will take care of you :). Sandy and I are already booked for NOV 2015, and APR 2016. Soon as out 11 month DVC window opens up for NOV 2016? We'll book that too :).

By way of comparison.... does anyone else own a home they LOVE - and the City shows up to do repaving, tree cutting, sewer replacement, something else annoying? For US (a purely personal thought....) it's OK for Disney to keep up & improve our OTHER home :).

Thanks Dean Marino, I needed some positivity. It will be our second stay at the WL and even with the work I cant see us moving to another resort, we spend majority of our time at the MK, so I'm hoping the noise and disruption won't be too bad. Think I may need to change my room request though as I've asked for North wing woods view! Anyone know when we are likely to get any more information on the work?

Thanks for sharing your perspective, Dean:)

Way to go tigger137. It would appear from your pictures, especially the last one showing some type of room plans that the current construction appears to be more than just a room-to-studio makeover. It would appear to be a 1 bedroom villa from the plans laid out on the last pic. That certainly is not to say that other standard rooms would not be converted into studios but, at the moment, it would appear at least to me that this may very well NOT be a Polynesian look-alike pertaining to the room to studio-only conversion.

I do agree with tigger137 in that since the WL: standard rooms are the smallest of any deluxe resort, it would be difficult to coordinate the outer doors and the patio's / balconies to "sync" up on a room-to-villa studio basis as is.
Some great detective work there and (as we all already knew) there is going to be a conversion of those rooms and these latest pictures add some very intriguing possibilities to what these rooms will become. Since VWL is one of the smallest DVC resorts, they may be adding an allotment of 1 and 2 bedrooms as well as some studios to the new arrangement.
Guess we can try and cross our fingers for some more Sherlock Holmes type pics in the near future........

The rooms at the AkL are the same size as the WL.

When I booked originally I booked courtyard view and then was glad I did when I heard about the construction. I may regret this but we are at the parks the whole day...so I switched to a woods view and saved $150. With the money I saved I added the memory maker onto my reservation ($169). I guess I'm going to hope for the best. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
This isn't earth shattering, but it does show that the process is still moving along. This document was filed 4 June with all the other documents that were filed 15 May. The "initial review" phase expires 14 June.

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 11.37.08 AM.png

When I booked originally I booked courtyard view and then was glad I did when I heard about the construction. I may regret this but we are at the parks the whole day...so I switched to a woods view and saved $150. With the money I saved I added the memory maker onto my reservation ($169). I guess I'm going to hope for the best. :thumbsup2

Nothing wrong with saving some money. I would recommend requesting a North Wing room. That's always the most popular WV room location anyway since you can see some of Wishes from the higher floors and the Otter Pond below.

OK - I know it's rude :). But if anyone REALLY wants to kill all this? Quick - go bury Aunt Ruth someplace in the proposed construction zone :).

Bad joke - I imagine poor WDW has to deal with people wanting to be interred there every day (I know I would love the idea) :(.

OK - I know it's rude :). But if anyone REALLY wants to kill all this? Quick - go bury Aunt Ruth someplace in the proposed construction zone :).

Bad joke - I imagine poor WDW has to deal with people wanting to be interred there every day (I know I would love the idea) :(.
Depends on whether Aunt Ruth is a "fortuitous find" or "unexpected discovery" and, if she were buried with some Seminole Indian "dugout canoes" and "projectile points."

I have a reservation here Oct midway,do you consider this a good time or would you cancel
I am in a similar boat and so far no one really knows. There are lots of us with trips in the fall wondering as well. Just stay tuned - these folks find out stuff well in advance!

We jumped ship last year due to the pool and stayed at BCV. This year we jumped from BCV due to refurb going on there to WL. Guess the joke is on us now! Reservationists of course know nothing at this point and are likely sworn to secrecy if they do know about the VWL expansion. Nothing is available with our offer (bounce back) unless we went CL or pricey view. Neither is an option so, just going to wait it out. Trip is Dec 11-19th and so wanted to enjoy WL at Christmas once more! We are Woods view, requested Otter Pond - ha, ha...And I felt so lucky when a room opened up at WL and we could switch!

Last edited:
Does anyone have details or past experience of how Disney has handled "Officially" announcing construction like this? How have they handled requests to change resorts, offer discounts, etc.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter