Boulder Ridge vs Copper Creek: Quieter rooms?

mwhite67

Earning My Ears
I'm a big fan of the Wilderness Lodge. I'm assuming Boulder Ridge will be refurbished in the near future and we're debating whether to make our first DVC purchase (resale) at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. I understand the deed life and cost differences between them. As we get older we prefer hotels that have quieter rooms (thicker walls). We sometimes book 1BRs for some buffer. We love the Poly Villas but have found the walls to be pretty thin. I've read similar about the GF (at least the hotel side). My stays in the WL hotel and Copper Creek seemed quieter (though I know the main lobby can hum when busy). If you have experience staying in both BR and CC I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

Interesting criteria. I found the touring plans pretty scientific and accurate with my experience. They gave WL and BR an F.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/sound-ratings

BLT is the best, which seems to line up with the general board consensus. And yea, the SSR treehouses. If you can hear noise, it’s you. Surprised to see OKW on that list.

Boardwalk and BC at Bs are surprising to me at Bs given their age, but completely consistent with all the times I’ve stayed there. Never heard anything except the occasional overserved magic person.

I agree Poly is very thin, the door connecting the rooms in particular! I agree with TP and would give poly and VGF an F. They are not at modern standards.

I also think Kidani is really quiet. I’ve stayed a lot and never had any noise issues. The C grade might be scary but those hallways are long and they’ll put you as far out as you request, and it doesn’t matter if you’re driving.

If that analysis is right, you can buy BLT and really enjoy a quiet studio.

Another idea is the poly tower. Who knows how that will go?

Last edited:
Interesting criteria. I found the touring plans pretty scientific and accurate with my experience. They gave WL and BR an F.

BLT is the best, which seems to line up with the general board consensus. And yea, the SSR treehouses. If you can hear noise, it’s you. Surprised to see OKW on that list.

Boardwalk and BC at Bs are surprising to me at Bs given their age, but completely consistent with all the times I’ve stayed there. Never heard anything except the occasional overserved magic person.

I agree Poly is very thin, the door connecting the rooms in particular! I agree with TP and would give poly and VGF an F. They are not at modern standards.

I also think Kidani is really quiet. I’ve stayed a lot and never had any noise issues. The C grade might be scary but those hallways are long and they’ll put you as far out as you request, and it doesn’t matter if you’re driving.

Thanks for that! I actually use touring plans but had not seen those noise ratings. So thanks. Yes curious about the Poly tower. I actually am a big fan of the poly but not so much of the tower architecture, but having larger rooms will be nice. Thanks again!

Thanks for that! I actually use touring plans but had not seen those noise ratings. So thanks. Yes curious about the Poly tower. I actually am a big fan of the poly but not so much of the tower architecture, but having larger rooms will be nice. Thanks again!

......I've also heard good anecdotes about how quiet the Riviera rooms are.

I'm a big fan of the Wilderness Lodge. I'm assuming Boulder Ridge will be refurbished in the near future and we're debating whether to make our first DVC purchase (resale) at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. I understand the deed life and cost differences between them. As we get older we prefer hotels that have quieter rooms (thicker walls). We sometimes book 1BRs for some buffer. We love the Poly Villas but have found the walls to be pretty thin. I've read similar about the GF (at least the hotel side). My stays in the WL hotel and Copper Creek seemed quieter (though I know the main lobby can hum when busy). If you have experience staying in both BR and CC I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
If we’re only talking only about CCV versus BRV (which is what I think you asked but hasn’t actually been answered), I think the room to room sound is similar (we didn’t hear anything when we stayed in CCV on a cash stay before we bought BRV). As you point out, if you’re in a CCV room closer to the main lobby, it can get pretty loud. It’s a cavernous space and sound bounces around from the Mercantile to Roaring Fork. When we took a tour of a 2 BDR last year when we were contemplating adding on at CCV, the sound from the lobby followed us all the way down the hall and it was noticeable. I’m guessing if you have a pool view room that might also cause a bit of racket. The BRV pool is generally quieter, and a little further away from the building.

Last edited:
Some of those are surprising...2 of the all stars got an A? I haven't stayed, but I thought everyone on the board implied the walls are paper thin.
I mean, there's only so much you can do with that many humans crammed in such small space. It gave AoA a C. I thought AoA was a lot better than Poly or VGF (both F).

I stayed at Dolphin years ago and didn't hear a peep. Maybe I got lucky, or maybe it's the A on this report.

The exterior doors in the Values/Moderates tend to help with "hallway" noise, because those tend to be more airtight for temperature regulation. Lockouts can also bad for noise, depending on the room geometry. For example, at OKW the lockouts are practically a waveguide between the studio and 1BR sides. At SSR, the configuration that doesn't directly pass between rooms in a straight line helps keep a lid on things.

I'm really surprised that Boulder Ridge got an F! I can see how the main Lodge got an F, it can be loud there. SSR got a B? We stayed there a few nights last fall; loved the updated room, but we were in a lock-off studio and we had neighbors in the one bedroom next and it was very loud.

We also love wilderness lodge, own at CC and have stayed at both boulder ridge and copper creek. I can’t remember a time when either was unusually loud. We usually stay in 1 bedrooms that face the boulder ridge pool (probably the quieter side) and come back for afternoon naps. I think your neighbors (which you can’t control) will always be a much bigger factor in noise than either of these rooms. When choosing between these two I would base it more on the time left on contract and room aesthetic. To me the grand lobby of Wilderness lodge is such a huge plus that Copper Creeks proximity to it makes it the favorite. I find that at Boulder Ridge you are often jumping on and off the bus, bypass the lobby and don’t get the full lodge experience.

Something to know about CC is that it has one bedrooms that are both part of lockouts and also dedicated. If you really want a quieter room, request a dedicated. Ours was next to the elevator but we didn't hear a thing. The downside is our view wasn't great.

Any room that faces the main pool will also get some noise mid day. If you can get a BR facing villa that would help.

With more than 20 years of stays at BRV and then CCV, I can't recall a single instance of being disturbed by noise. Can we hear other guests? We certainly can but never to the point of being disruptive,

Of course, some folks are more sensitive to noise than others and one needs to take that sensitivity into consideration. It's never been an issue for me or my guests, but that doesn't mean it's the same experience for everyone.

My loudest stay was in a lock-off studio at SSR. The guests checking into the 1 BR didn't get in until well after midnight, complete with slamming doors/drawers, luggage, screaming children and very loud voices. Didn't help that I had to be up super early to catch a flight that next am to head straight to work, so was trying to get some rest.

But I think those inconsiderate people are more the exception than the rule, since most of my other stays (have been everywhere except Aulani) have been fine. But I do request upper floors at OKW and HHI :)

I stayed at CCV a few times, in both studios and 1 bedrooms, never had an issue with noise. We toured VGF II - walls seem paper thin. VGF original has excellent sound buffers. BCV i have never heard neighbors, but have heard the elevators (especially if next to the services elevators) and hallway traffic

I stayed at CCV a few times, in both studios and 1 bedrooms, never had an issue with noise. We toured VGF II - walls seem paper thin. VGF original has excellent sound buffers. BCV i have never heard neighbors, but have heard the elevators (especially if next to the services elevators) and hallway traffic
I have wondered this. A Disney youtube I watch, she stayed in that building before the refurb with her husband and they had an awful time with noise. I was interested if it had changed since it became DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter