Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

The advantage of booking yourself online is that you can then control the trip yourself and don't have to call to change the BB offer. I end up changing things a lot, and really like to be able to do that myself.... you will end up with deposit money tied up for awhile, but it will eventually be refunded for the one you cancel.
ExactIy! I too much prefer being able to self manage my trip.

Called in for my BB offer and for some reason the CM couldn't book the full 10 nights I requested under one reservation. She couldn't explain why, so I was given three separate reservations (2 nights, 7 nights and 1 night) under a "courtesy reservation". With three reservations I was told I would have to switch rooms twice, which I found ridiculous considering it is the same room type. I was told to call back tomorrow to see if another agent/CM could merge all the reservations into one and we could stay in the same room. Kind of annoying to have to do it this way but the savings is roughly $680 USD, so well worth it.

Called in for my BB offer and for some reason the CM couldn't book the full 10 nights I requested under one reservation. She couldn't explain why, so I was given three separate reservations (2 nights, 7 nights and 1 night) under a "courtesy reservation". With three reservations I was told I would have to switch rooms twice, which I found ridiculous considering it is the same room type. I was told to call back tomorrow to see if another agent/CM could merge all the reservations into one and we could stay in the same room. Kind of annoying to have to do it this way but the savings is roughly $680 USD, so well worth it.

If they are all the exact same room type, there is almost no chance you’ll have to move, even if the reservations don’t get combined. There is no way the hotel will want to fully clean your room for a new guest & have you move to another already clean room. They would save the trouble & have you stay put & use the already clean room for a new guest. Definitely have the reservations marked as continuing if they are unable to combine. And stop at the front desk when you check in to make sure you’ll be in the same room the whole time.

If they are all the exact same room type, there is almost no chance you’ll have to move, even if the reservations don’t get combined. There is no way the hotel will want to fully clean your room for a new guest & have you move to another already clean room. They would save the trouble & have you stay put & use the already clean room for a new guest. Definitely have the reservations marked as continuing if they are unable to combine. And stop at the front desk when you check in to make sure you’ll be in the same room the whole time.
Thanks for the reply. That does make sense. I'll call in tomorrow to try and combine the reservations, that way I only need to leave one deposit 😉. thanks again

It could be there isn’t a room that is available that full stay. They will play Tetris to try to keep you in the same room but it may or may not be possible. I would go being prepared to move and happy if you don’t have to!

I’ve done a split stay twice. One time we had to switch rooms, the other time they were able to keep us in the same room.

Hello! We are traveling to WDW next week and I plan to book a Bounceback offer for December. I would like to book two rooms, which from the first post, I think I can do. But is it true that my husband and I (the two adults traveling) will each have to be in one of the rooms? I can’t book the second room in the name of someone who isn’t traveling with us next week, correct?

Hello! We are traveling to WDW next week and I plan to book a Bounceback offer for December. I would like to book two rooms, which from the first post, I think I can do. But is it true that my husband and I (the two adults traveling) will each have to be in one of the rooms? I can’t book the second room in the name of someone who isn’t traveling with us next week, correct?
According to the information on page one of this thread, you can book up to three rooms for the same trip dates so that you can travel with other people. You would be able to book a room for someone else as long as you are traveling together. You don't have to be listed in their room. :)

You do not need to be listed in each room. Last Aug I travelled with my minor daughter but was able to book 3 rooms for this Aug, 1 for me, 2 for my cousin and her family, as long as she was at Disney the same time I was. I booked 10 nights for us and 2 rooms in her name for shorter dates that fall within our dates.

Last edited:
You do not need to be listed in each room. Last Aug I travelled with my minor daughter but was able to book 3 rooms for this Aug as long as she was at Disney the same time I was. I booked 10 nights for us and 2 rooms in her name for shorter dates that fall within our dates.

Thank you, that’s what I needed! I’m going to try and book one room in my name, one in my son’s name, for the same dates. Thank you!

Curious how many rooms can be booked on a bounce back offer? Looking for early 2025.

It’s always been 3. I haven’t heard anything specific since the BBs were reinstated.
It’s still 3. The guest booking the bb must be staying at the same dates the additional room(s) are booked for.

E.g. I booked a bb for me for Aug for 10 nights. I was able to book 2 more rooms for my cousin and her family. They are staying 5 nights and all of their dates needed to be when we are there too.

Thanks for the bb information everyone. We would like to take our 3 sons and their families next year January/February. I was wondering what anyone thinks about taking a mini trip (2 nights) in order to get bb rooms. Am I crazy????

Thanks for the bb information everyone. We would like to take our 3 sons and their families next year January/February. I was wondering what anyone thinks about taking a mini trip (2 nights) in order to get bb rooms. Am I crazy????
I guess it depends on how much you spend to get/stay there compared to how much you could potentially save.... If you are close and can drive, then, heck yeah, do it.

You would need to run the numbers. How much extra might you pay for a mini trip vs how much you could save with the bb offer.

I once booked a surprise 4 night Disney water park trip for my 7yo DD and I in order to 'save' the following year by booking a Free Dining BB offer. Oh, and we live in Canada!

I understand how one can justify 'Disney math'! ;)

Last edited:
You would need to run the numbers. How much extra might you pay for a mini trip vs how much you could save with the bb offer.

I once booked a surprise 4 night Disney water park trip for my 7yo DD and I in order to 'save' the following year by getting a Free Dining BB. Oh, and we live in Canada!

I understand how one can justify 'Disney math'! ;)
If there is a SPECIAL OFFER available for date that would work, and you don't have to figure in air fare (or maybe look for least expensive) and plan only QS, a no-frills could of days (even without going to a park - taking in the non-park stuff like resort pool, DS, Boarkwalk, etc.) couple of days could be a good plan - but like @scrappinginontario said, you have to run the numbers.

Personally, I can make practacially any Disney Math work to get back there, but the math is a bit harder since I'm in Minnesota (not a lot of cheap air fare options out of MSP), and require a scooter if I go to parks... a non-park trip, I could probably get by without one.

We are going to be there next week, and I plan to try to try for a BB for my December trip.

Also keep your eyes open for other deals. While I booked a BB for my cousin and I when I was there last August, we both ended up swapping to other offers that saved us more money. While the BB offer is great, there are often alternatives that can save as much if not more than a room discount BB offer.

Definitely make sure they are offering Bouncebacks for your dates—the current offer ends in December but hopefully that will be changing soon.

As someone already mentioned, the current BB offer only goes through December 2024, and it doesn't cover every date.
Also, there's no way to know what availability will actually be for the included dates until after you've gone on the trip that makes you eligible to book the BB. Case in point, we went to WDW last month. I booked a BB for later this year after returning home. Before calling I prepared a list of all of the date ranges we could travel as well as a priority list of resorts and room types. I had hoped to book two trips with at least two months between them. I only was able to find availability for one set of dates and I wanted to do a split stay at two different resorts but ended up with us staying at just one resort because there was so little availability. It's a great offer but you may need a lot of flexibility if you want specific dates and/or a specific resort/room type.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter