• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Braces-Friendly Easter Baskets

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Easter baskets have no age limit in our house, so I will still be making one for my teen, who now has braces. We don't go completely overboard on candy anyway, so I will likely swap some for a gift card, T-shirt, something like that. But I'm sure the jelly beans at least will be missed, and I'd like to keep a few goodies in there. So what candies/treats do your kids really love that they are actually allowed to have with braces? And/or what other brilliant non-candy ideas do you have?

My DD13 has braces and honestly the only things she avoids are popcorn and gum. She eats everything else including all the candy she got at Halloween.

My DD13 has braces and honestly the only things she avoids are popcorn and gum. She eats everything else including all the candy she got at Halloween.
Dd19 had braces, ds17 and ds13 have braces, and they eat everything, including popcorn and gum (as did I when I had braces as a kid).

This was going to be my reply also. When I wore braces many years ago, these were the only two things I avoided. I got so used to not chewing gum that I no longer have a desire to. The same goes for popcorn.

LIke others. my kids could eat nearly everything with their braces (harder caramels are the only thing I recall being restricted). But, if you want less sticky ideas: "Robin's Eggs" and the Russle Stover chocolate covered marshmallows bunnies have always been popular at my house.

For non candy items for teens:
comic books, books, magazines
good yoyo
card games
t-shirts, socks, hats or caps
wallet
sunglasses
new razor or blades, other toiletry products
movie tickets or tickets to local venue performances

Any regular milk chocolate without nuts would be fine...a Russell Stover or Lindt chocolate bunny. If you need something more 'grown up', Lindt Truffles are to die for, you can buy them at Walgreens or Walmart if there is no Lindt store near you.

And I'm adding to our Easter basket this year those self filling and sealing water balloons. I'll bet most teens would love to save those for warm weather and have a water balloon fight with their friends!

I don't remember there being anything I didn't eat when I had braces. I was never a gum chewer so I didn't have to worry about not eating that. I'm a real candy hog, too so I'm sure I'd remember if there was anything I had to do without. (Probably would still be pouting about it LOL)

When my DS had braces, he was more than happy to swap out the jelly beans for extra chocolate!

I always include a gift-type item like a new DVD, new book or iTunes card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter