Brazilian Blow out ??- Update

I have having one done next week just prior to my Disney trip. Technically it's not a Brazilian Blowout but a keratin smoothing treatment. I have very frizzy and curly hair. Going to Florida is a nightmare, my hair turns into a brillo pad in the humidity. I hope this makes it easier to deal with.

What is the difference between the Brazilian Blowout, the keratin smoothing treatment and the Japanese treatment?

I'm looking into this for my 17 year old DD. I just searched Groupon and found this:

Choose Between Two Options
•$99 for a Brazilian Blowout Zero Plus treatment (a $300 value)
•$119 for a Global Keratin treatment (a $300 value)

So it seems like a good deal, but I really know nothing about this.

What is the difference between the Brazilian Blowout, the keratin smoothing treatment and the Japanese treatment?

I'm looking into this for my 17 year old DD. I just searched Groupon and found this:

I would like to know the difference as well.

From what I understand the Japanese treatment permanently alters hair and can damage it.

The Brazilian Blowout and Keratin treatments are smoothing treatments and do not alter the hair's structure. The Brazilian Blowout allegedly contains formaldehyde which is carcinogenic.

From what I understand the Japanese treatment permanently alters hair and can damage it.

The Brazilian Blowout and Keratin treatments are smoothing treatments and do not alter the hair's structure. The Brazilian Blowout allegedly contains formaldehyde which is carcinogenic.

Actually after the Japanese treatment my hair is softer and healthier looking and to the touch than without. It also doesn't smell.

After the Brazilian treatment my hair had a chemical smell when wet for weeks after the treatment. My hair also felt drier and not as soft over all.

For my hair the Japanese treatment has been much better. Same price but lasts longer and my hair looks and feels better.

From what I understand, they can't decide if the new Brazilian Blowout Solution has formaldehyde or not.
The original solution did and now there is supposed to be a Brazilian Blowout Free.

I had it done. It took about 3 hours for my collar length hair. I LOVE it.
She put the solution on very meticulously painting small sections of hair.
Then the blow-dried it -also very slowly-section by section.
Then she used the flat iron.

A few times my eyes got a little watery. She opened the door and ran two fans.
I am not so worried about myself. I did worry about the stylist being exposed to the chemicals repeatedly. She didn't seem too concerned.

I can brush my hair now! I haven't brushed my hair in years. I can also run my fingers through it. Before I wet it for the first time -it was super straight -too straight for me. After washing I have loose soft curls. There is still a little frizz -but not nearly as much.
I could still smell it for a day or two after.

I had it done. I have super thick hair. It took a long time (as it did for you), but I did love the results right after. After I washed it, I could tell a difference in the texture of it. It was smoother and limper. I don't know if I'd do it again, though, because of the price, chemicals and the fact that it didn't hold much longer than two months.

From what I understand, they can't decide if the new Brazilian Blowout Solution has formaldehyde or not.
The original solution did and now there is supposed to be a Brazilian Blowout Free
It's Brazilian Blowout Zero. That's what my stylist used and she said it doesn't work as well as the solution with the formaldehyde in it.

I had been on the fence about a Brazilian Blowout for awhile, and I took the plunge in July!

Yeah, from what I researched the formula only has like 8% formaldehyde. My hairdresser said it's such a low amount that there's no reason for concern.

I love the results! Plus, I noticed as my hairdresser applied the formula that it actually had a pleasant smell. I had very kinky, curly, frizzy, coarse hair, and afterwards I would say the Brazilian Blowout knocked out like 80% of my curl and frizz!! Love!

My hairdresser said many of her clients get it done only twice a year, (because it's so expensive), but to really keep it up, it's recommended to get it done every 12 to 16 weeks.

I am going back two weeks for my second B Blowout. I would love to just get it done once every 6 months, and my hairdresser said we might be able to work up to that. But in the beginning, I need a few treatments, (12 weeks apart) to maximize the results.

So crossing my fingers that this next B Blowout will knock out even more curl.

Oh, my hair dress also said that B Blowouts help keep hair color longer. So if you color your hair, that's another bonus. Just be sure to get your hair color the same day you do the B Blowout, or you'll have to wait 2 weeks after the B Blowout to color your hair.

ETA: Same boat as everyone else. I pay $200 for a Blowout. Totally worth it though!

I love all the keritan treatments but my favorite by far is the Kera Straight. No formaldehyde to worry about. Last for me up to six months but I like to do it about every 4 months since we travel a lot. I have been doing it for 3-4 years. I love coming out of the ocean and not worrying about running to my chair to comb my hair out and pinning to my head before I poof. I love the softness and the shine. I go to Cozumel often and I love how I can shower and go outside to dinner and not worry about my hair. For the first time in my life I don't have to tie it back on vacations. I first learned about it at Ulta of all places and have since had it at private salons. I only pay 175.00 plus the tip.

UPDATE!

I got the Brazilian Blowout and it was the BEST thing I have ever done to kill the frizz!

The only downside in my opinion is the way my hair smells now.
I only get a whiff every now and then but it really REEKS lol

Glad it worked out for you. :) The smell will go away soon enough, but you'll be able to enjoy your hair longer.

I had the Keratin treatment last April, and use Keratin shampoo/conditioner now. I am not planning on getting the treatment again because my hair is more manageable still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter