Brazilian tour groups - which resorts?

calnmace

Mouseketeer
Hi there

I'm wondering if anyone knows which resorts the Brazilian tour groups generally stay at in January. I'm sure there are several, but are there certain ones that they usually stay in? Thanks in advance.

There was a large group of teenagers staying at POR when we were there in January. I do not know where they were from, but they were not speaking English.

I really hope that wasn't a brazilian tour group at POrleans! Ugh! I booked there this year b/c of the numerous run ins with them at AS Movies in the past. Last year, there were so many at AS Movies in the morning you could barely walk through the lobby area from the food court to the door out to the bus area. It was nuts. Fingers crossed they won't be in the hundreds at POrleans!!

Don't worry. There aren't as many Brazilian Tour Groups in January. Most of the teen groups travel in July and they usually stay at the value resorts that accept large groups (All Star, mostly). You will certainly meet many Brazilian tourists in January, but very few tour groups. Most of us will just be having a blast in the parks (and outlets) with our families. Kids and even teens behave much better with their parents around :)

They were all over the Pop last year, we could never find a table in the food court because they would literally throw their bookbags on top of tables and then go and get their food. It was also really annoying with the buses as well. We found that the tour guides would "egg them on" instead of trying to keep some order with the group. You could really tell that the CM managers were getting annoyed with them as they were moving bookbags so that families could sit down and eat especially when they had small kids. I think that what they should do is rope off a section of the tables just for them so that they can be in their own area and not disturb the other guests.

We did a one-night stay a couple of Januarys ago, and there were some at ASMu. Fairly large group...

We stayed at AoA this January and there was a huge group of teens staying there too. Breakfast was a nightmare!

We stayed at AoA this January and there was a huge group of teens staying there too. Breakfast was a nightmare!

Breakfast was when we saw them too, but we managed ok...there were plenty of seats in the food court. And enough lines open that there was no long delay in getting our food.

Are there certain times in January that they come, or are they there through-out the whole month?

My personal observation has been that tour groups, from anywhere really, tend to end up at the allstar resorts.

I know that they are frequently mentioned as staying at the All Stars. I hadn't heard previously that they also stay at Pop or AoA. They've also been reported at CBR and POR in the past. I've never heard of a BTG at any of the deluxe resorts, but who knows.

They were at Pop at the end of January last year. We barely saw or heard them except at the food court and even then they weren't bothersome. I'm thinking they kept them in the 70s/80s/90s areas and we were in the 50s.

They were at Pop at the end of January last year. We barely saw or heard them except at the food court and even then they weren't bothersome. I'm thinking they kept them in the 70s/80s/90s areas and we were in the 50s.

You are correct they were in the 90's with me and a handful of other families. Hundreds of them. It was miserable. Why Disney put any families over there is beyond me. Security was called multiple times, I spoke directly to some of the kids (at 1 am) and a chaperone was told the police would be called next. I looked in rooms and they were trashed. It is the best location for groups since they would not need to go through the resort to the food court or buses. If you got to the bus when they did, forget it, they filled several. We had no issues with them in the food court or the parks.

That said I shifted this year to first week of Feb, hoping since that is end of their break they would be gone, and I put in request for 50's, my usual. My mistake for accepting a key to the area I knew they usually put groups in but I thought I was safe since US student groups don't start until Feb. Based on the resorts offered to all the US groups this coming year, no value or moderate is safe (except maybe POFQ) so I would put in my reservation that you do not want to be in any section with groups.

You are correct they were in the 90's with me and a handful of other families. Hundreds of them. It was miserable. Why Disney put any families over there is beyond me. Security was called multiple times, I spoke directly to some of the kids (at 1 am) and a chaperone was told the police would be called next. I looked in rooms and they were trashed. It is the best location for groups since they would not need to go through the resort to the food court or buses. If you got to the bus when they did, forget it, they filled several. We had no issues with them in the food court or the parks.

That said I shifted this year to first week of Feb, hoping since that is end of their break they would be gone, and I put in request for 50's, my usual. My mistake for accepting a key to the area I knew they usually put groups in but I thought I was safe since US student groups don't start until Feb. Based on the resorts offered to all the US groups this coming year, no value or moderate is safe (except maybe POFQ) so I would put in my reservation that you do not want to be in any section with groups.

I always wonder about the condition of these rooms that are the result of tg or rowdy people in general... What happens, does disney charge them for repairs? Are they not allowed to return? Disney must be making a fortune off of them to allow such horrid behavior. So sorry your vacation was like that.

I'm Brazilian and this year during February there were a lot of Brazilian families staying at both Port Orleans Resort (myself included). None of them were with groups though, just plain, regular people enjoying the park.

We did have a problem with the 15's (Argentina) crowding AK and Universal Studios and they were staying at Sports from what I could gather. But other than that, no tour groups problems in early February.

I'm Brazilian and this year during February there were a lot of Brazilian families staying at both Port Orleans Resort (myself included). None of them were with groups though, just plain, regular people enjoying the park.

We did have a problem with the 15's (Argentina) crowding AK and Universal Studios and they were staying at Sports from what I could gather. But other than that, no tour groups problems in early February.

A lot of the 15's were staying at the Pop Century....crossing my fingers that they are not at Port Orleans this year and if they are that the managers will take control of the situation unlike at the Pop Century.

They come during carnival week. They stay in all stars and pop. Usually around the back right and left of the reports.

Beware the itsy bitsy bikinis in the pool areas! I think my husband's eyes about fell out of his head from shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter