Brazilian tour groups - which resorts?

And all I am trying to say is that not all BTG's behave badly. I can certainly understand (and by the way, kinda agree with) your sentiment that Disney (and society in general) demands a certain level of decorum, but to generalize that all BTG's behave badly isn't fair. I just returned from Marathon Weekend and saw several large BTG's, and I have to say they didn't exhibit any outlandish behavior. It would be wonderful if Disney could regulate this type of behavior, but let's face it, it's very difficult. Believe me, there have been times where I've wanted to pound some of these people into submission. But then I realize, I'm in Disney World, enjoy it!

we both obviously love Disney!!:yay: and we enjoy it everytime we go.

those of us complaining about the BTGs are nto saying that every BTG behaves badly. but there are obviously enough of them to warrant many threads and complaints every year.

it is not difficult to regulate behavior. you set rules. you require guests to adhere to those rules. If they don't, there are consequences.

and it is very easy to regulate behavior at a resort. give the entire tour group a curfew. set monetary fines. evice the entire tour group (it was done to 2 pop warner teams in dec 2007 at All star music)

I'm sorry, I just don't buy into the " head in the sand, all the world is roses" view of :" hey, you're at disney! better than being at work!" or the one I hate most "you're luckyto be at disney (as if I won the trip). lots of people can't afford to go " .. so.. therefore.. I shoudln't complain about anything, or try to make anything better, or just accept the rude boorish behaviors of others.

I will continue to hold Disney to fault for allowing this to continue. and I will continue to advise friends and family to stay away from Jan and July because the Braziallian tour groups are there mainly during those times, and they are known to be very rude, and do ruin others vacations. especially at the resorts.

When you mean kicked out...do you mean out of por or out of wdw? Just curious...

I believe they were kicked out of the hotel. I highly doubt they would allow them at any Disney resort after that little fiasco but I'm not sure about the rest. I just know they were asked to leave POR property.

If I experienced anything this extreme, I would take my complaint right to the top. I'd be really upset if after paying for a vacation it was ruined by other guests being that rude. These kids are at an age where they typically aren't concerned with others; they know they're not supervised closely, and as a result can get away with stuff.

I'm wondering if Disney's top management knows about how prevalent this is during these particular times, or if most of it is squashed at a lower level? They need to hear from several people who have had bad experiences. If it gets to a point where they are losing their other customers because of these groups, then they may start addressing the issue properly. It all comes down to $$ unfortunately.

I'm not sure if they were a BTG or another group, but we noticed several during our vacation last September. There were two things that really upset me. One thing that I saw over and over again was that they would leave their trash on the CS tables for CM's to clean up. One day at the MK it upset me so that I started to help the poor CM that was left to clean up the mess on several tables. I'm not sure these were groups, it looked more to me like families. I decided that it must be a cultural difference, but it was just so rude. I felt sorry for the CM's. Also the cutting in line to "catch up with your group" was all over. This indeed might be a cultural difference as well, but I think no matter what country I was in and wether or not I understood the language I would know not to cut line and clean up after myself. It didn't ruin my trip, just was surprised to see the behavior.

Night two we came back from DHS before Fantasmic was over, walking the length of the building. All their curtains were open and WOW. Hope housekeeping is not expected to do anything but take trash (like any was in the can), dirty towels and leave clean. There was trash everywhere in room, unwrapped food on floor, bed sheets/covers etc. Stuff thrown everywhere, beds piled in stuff. This was way beyond teen behavior.

We got to our room and my DS wanted to swim. Unfortunately they were right behind us coming back and they were running, screaming, banging on doors and chants. I walked to where I could look at the pool and it was human soup. They were screaming and singing and the entire courtyard was so loud, I felt bad for anyone staying pool side. As I stood more and more showed up and it just got louder. No way was it safe for us to go. My DS is disabled, which is why I requested 50's and quiet pool, and no way I was walking way over to the bowling pin pool, so we called it a night.

NOISE continued from 8:30-11pm then it actually got quieter. But midnight it started up for about another 30+ minutes. I don't see how Disney feels this is fair to families. There is nothing relaxing about our room, not even during sleep hours. This time of year when parks close early I plan to use pool, I can't. I drove to park yesterday to avoid waiting for several buses, I will not eat at the food court. We will eat at park or drive elsewhere. As I type the doors are slamming every few SECONDS - hoping maybe it's check out day for these groups. One can hope.

PS - Noticed most groups have shirts/bags saying Argentina - not Brazil.

Any value except AOA, any moderate. In general you will not see large groups like this at the deluxe resorts.

Someone posted on another thread that Disney needs to build a park in South America because of crowding. After reading some of these posts, sounds like a good idea.

I wouldn't worry too much about February because I think their schools are back in session. It's usually January that they come.

Thanks for the encouragement. We leave 1 week from tomorrow! :thumbsup2

My Thoughts - DH & I have traveled extensively outside the U.S. We have never been to any country where people "chanted" in public places (except for political demonstrations), crowded into our "space" (unless on public transport, which happens in U.S.), formed lines to prevent others from passing, formed large groups to block passageways, created disturbances at hotels, etc. I don't believe the BTGs' actions are cultural. I believe their actions are young tourists running amouk because of lack of supervision, & a group mentality fostered by lack of enforcement by Disney.

DH & I wintered in Disney area for 6-7 years between late 1990s & early 2000s. The BTGs were a problem then, & there were lots of complaints & lots of promises & excuses by Disney (we just didn't realize "they" had "seasons"!). Since Disney has not done anything about this problem that's existed for decades, Disney won't do anything about it now! Maybe if non-BTGs plan their trips accordingly & leave many of the Disney hotels empty during BTG time, Disney will do something????

I agree 100%. There is nothing cultural about this type of behavior, it is universal for large groups of teens/kids who are basically on their own with no one enforcing rules or setting reasonable expectations. I don't care what language they speak, I don't care what country or city a person comes from. It has nothing to do with the behavior.

In my opinion it becomes Disney's fault when the disruptive behavior is not dealt with. I've never even stayed at a hotel where a tour group was staying but i've experienced them in the parks. For example there will be two members of the group in front of us in line and then all of a sudden there may be 45 as we're pushed past. We may line up for a parade early to get a nice spot and then 2 minutes before it starts we are being shoved around and stood in front of or basically on top of by 15 people. The things i've read about on here and heard from others who have stayed at resorts with these groups are awful. It seems to me like Disney is able and perfectly willing to control the behavior of guests in general. I've witnessed kids (not associated with any group) be kicked out of lines for 'cutting', loud groups at the restaurants be asked to quiet down....etc. I have a hard time believing that after decades of these groups being so disruptive to guests Disney is just unable to do anything about it. I'd also be surprised if the groups stopped coming just because they were held to the same level of civility as the rest of disney's guests. There is tons of fun to be had without resorting to obnoxious behavior.

as someone else said....I don't buy into the idea that i'm so "lucky" to be at wdw and no matter what happens or how i am treated as a guest I should just be thrilled to be there. sorry...its quite the opposite...disney is pretty lucky that my family (and many others) are willing to pay a lot of money to vacation there. we know we are fortunate to be able to vacation in general and keep positive attitudes and perspective when on vacation no matter where we are. it doesn't mean that i'm willing to write a blank check and then accept just whatever treatment is given. I will enjoy my vacation but i will also honestly access my experience in determining what is or is not worth it to me in the future. I will also never hesitate to stand up for myself should the need arise. Were I told as a pp was that "its Latin week" when they complained. I'd be getting that cm's name and moving up the ladder.

I suspect there is a reason that these groups aren't staying at the deluxe resorts and i don't think its that they wouldn't be willing to spend the $$$. Disney is completely aware of the problem and imo they've decided the cost/benefit of the groups v. families not returning is still making them $$$. I don't say this with knowledge of the lay out of any values or moderates really but my impression is that they are more spread out. perhaps this allows Disney to limit the families who are complaining to a number they deem acceptable? Whereas at a more condensed resort like the contemporary or Polynesian containing the disruptions may be harder to do. I can't imagine a large tour group in captain cooks either.

We had a rough vacation. Certainly not ruined but darn near ruined. We spend a lot of our money all year for our trips to WDW. After talking to Guest relations on the phone, I got the feeling that they honestly did not care about our stay being ruined. I love Disney and it really hurt me that I couldn't even get a call back from a member of management at the resort to discuss the situation. I got a lot of lip service from GR, but basically these groups bring vast amounts of money to them and they don't want to spoil it by enforcing rules. So the heck with other guests having their vacations spoiled.
I too felt sorry for the cleaning staff. Several mornings while walking down the hallways to go to breakfast, we had to literally step over garbage that they had thrown on to the walkway. Empty packages, bags of food wrappings , etc. Who does this? This isn't cultural, this is disrespectful people with a sense of entitlement be having very badly and being allowed to get away with it at others expense.

I wanted to add. I got a survey yesterday regarding our most recent trip--last week. I found it interesting that when I responded to a question with an excellent rating I was given a chance to write a reason why I gave this answer, but when I gave a statement a poor rating --no chance to write more. Very clear to me that Disney really doesn't care about my vacation.

We had a rough vacation. Certainly not ruined but darn near ruined. We spend a lot of our money all year for our trips to WDW. After talking to Guest relations on the phone, I got the feeling that they honestly did not care about our stay being ruined. I love Disney and it really hurt me that I couldn't even get a call back from a member of management at the resort to discuss the situation. I got a lot of lip service from GR, but basically these groups bring vast amounts of money to them and they don't want to spoil it by enforcing rules. So the heck with other guests having their vacations spoiled.
I too felt sorry for the cleaning staff. Several mornings while walking down the hallways to go to breakfast, we had to literally step over garbage that they had thrown on to the walkway. Empty packages, bags of food wrappings , etc. Who does this? This isn't cultural, this is disrespectful people with a sense of entitlement be having very badly and being allowed to get away with it at others expense.

Really really awful...I however think it is their culture to be rude. Sad.

Night two we came back from DHS before Fantasmic was over, walking the length of the building. All their curtains were open and WOW. Hope housekeeping is not expected to do anything but take trash (like any was in the can), dirty towels and leave clean. There was trash everywhere in room, unwrapped food on floor, bed sheets/covers etc. Stuff thrown everywhere, beds piled in stuff. This was way beyond teen behavior.

We got to our room and my DS wanted to swim. Unfortunately they were right behind us coming back and they were running, screaming, banging on doors and chants. I walked to where I could look at the pool and it was human soup. They were screaming and singing and the entire courtyard was so loud, I felt bad for anyone staying pool side. As I stood more and more showed up and it just got louder. No way was it safe for us to go. My DS is disabled, which is why I requested 50's and quiet pool, and no way I was walking way over to the bowling pin pool, so we called it a night.

NOISE continued from 8:30-11pm then it actually got quieter. But midnight it started up for about another 30+ minutes. I don't see how Disney feels this is fair to families. There is nothing relaxing about our room, not even during sleep hours. This time of year when parks close early I plan to use pool, I can't. I drove to park yesterday to avoid waiting for several buses, I will not eat at the food court. We will eat at park or drive elsewhere. As I type the doors are slamming every few SECONDS - hoping maybe it's check out day for these groups. One can hope.

PS - Noticed most groups have shirts/bags saying Argentina - not Brazil.

How terrible! :scared: I always wondered how they leave their rooms...I hope disney charges them for any damage...and I hope disney actually gets their money. What a disgusting way for 'people' to behave. Even more disgusting disney tolerates it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter