Bread service appetizer at Sanaa

hart6066

DIS Veteran
It lists in the description "choice of 5 breads"--does that mean they give you one of each or you have to pick one kind? Can you mix and match? Will they give more bread if you ask? What 3 accompaniments do you suggest?

It is a little pricey--is it still a recommended app?

Thank you!

They brought us one each of the five bread types. I suggest paying the extra to get all of the dips the first time you try it. What I lived, you might not.

It lists in the description "choice of 5 breads"--does that mean they give you one of each or you have to pick one kind? Can you mix and match? Will they give more bread if you ask? What 3 accompaniments do you suggest?

It is a little pricey--is it still a recommended app?

Thank you!

They give you 5 different types of bread, and they are huge. We ordered it today and ate less than 3 pieces. Pretty much every table around us ordered it. I highly recommend getting the one with 9 sauces.

Yeah, go for all the sauces. They're pretty different as far as spice and flavor profile.
You get one of each type of bread.

It's a tasty appetizer, but if you eat ethnic foods on a regular basis it probably won't blow you away.

You can mix and match- I love the garlic one. I also suggest getting the 9 accompaniments. It's my second favorite appetizer on Disney property- the first being the pork belly at Flying Fish.

It's a tasty appetizer, but if you eat ethnic foods on a regular basis it probably won't blow you away.

Is Saana still worth going to if you do eat Indian on a regular basis? We have so many great Indian restaurants where I'm from, but I'm thinking the experience still might be worth it. I do love and appreciate good Indian!

Another recommendation for all 9 accompaniments. We bought this to share between myself, dh and two teens. It was enough for all of us with our mains. Absolutely delicious. Some were on the spicy side but there was something to suit everyone.

Is Saana still worth going to if you do eat Indian on a regular basis? We have so many great Indian restaurants where I'm from, but I'm thinking the experience still might be worth it. I do love and appreciate good Indian!
That's a tough one because I've had really good Indian food over the years. I wouldn't consider Sanaa a true Indian restaurant and it's marketed as "Indian flavors." I enjoy the bread service the most. If you're in the mood for Indian then Sanaa is the closest restaurant you'll find on Disney property. The real question is will it live up to your expectations? It's very much a YMMV experience (in terms of the authenticity of the dishes) but I find the bread service to be phenomenal and it's a must-do if I'm staying at Disney, but you won't find any vindaloo dishes or samosas at Sanaa and they don't cook with a clay oven.

With that being said, Sanaa is very popular and should not be missed.

Last edited:
I make Indian about every other week which sometimes includes homemade naan, chicken and a chickpea korma, and roasted cauliflower in the oven with curry powder. We also eat hummus on a fairly regular basis. And have access to eating Indian out. I think these are the very reasons why were were very disappointed with Sanna when we went a couple years ago. I also think you get access to some of the same if not similar flavors at the Boma dinner buffet, which for us, is a must do and always delicious.

It's a great setting, really friendly service and I think the food is good. But if you're expecting super authentic Indian, you may find yourself let down. HOWEVER, if you want a quality meal at Disney that's different from a lot of the other offerings on site, then it's a good choice (as are the other AKV restaurants).

I love Indian food, and in my opinion Sanaa is not Indian, it is Indian inspired. They use Indian flavors, but everything is toned down to appeal to a broader audience. I enjoy the food there, but I think of it more as fusion or inspired than authentic, I would not go if you are expecting to get butter chicken on par with what you can get at a great Indian restaurant, and would be disappointed if it did not live up to that. If you are expecting good food with an Indian flare then you will likely be very happy with Sanaa's food, we always are. My two favorite dishes of late are the tandori chicken flatbread for lunch, and the sustainable fish for dinner, the bread service is very good, and I would order this even outside of WDW, but I love bread so that isn't surprising.

$16 for a huge appetizer that easily feeds 4 is a bargain in my opinion.
When my hubby and I went a couple years ago we ordered it with the 9 accompaniments and we were pretty full before our meals came. The yummy Mojito I had might have had something to do with it :ssst:. I think next time we will get the appy and sit and relax with a couple drinks. That was by far my favorite meal we had, the atmosphere was great, we had a table by the window and could see the giraffes being fed and birds were coming up close to the window. There was a family sitting sort of across from us and their little girl came and watched with us. I definitely will be back this trip in December and hope we get the same table.

Mostly echoing what others have said. You'll get all five breads and nine sauces with the "full on" bread service, and I highly recommend that you do. My wife and I do it for lunch, occasionally paired with a single salad or soup, and it's just perfect. In fact, we live a little more full than we usually are at most of our lunches. I don't think they'll refill the bread without a fee, but I could be incorrect on that point. As for its authenticity, it's similar to any ethnic or regional cuisine at Disney--a suggestion, nod, homage to the original dish(es). Borrowing from a very good post on another similar thread a few days back, if you hail from New England then the lobster rolls here don't stack up and most Italian dishes can't touch any number of mama' versions in NYC. I enjoy Artist Point and have had their fine salmon dish. . .but it's not nearly as good as most salmon dishes I had during my four years living in Alaska. Disney has chosen to appeal as many palates as they can which means toning down dishes and spices. Sanaa is a very good restaurant, especially by Disney standards, but as others have said, it's not overwhelmingly authentic. The spices and herbs are mostly subdued, though definitely apparent. The dishes are outside the norm for the majority of Disney patrons, but not so wildly different that it should scare people away. We've found it to be one of Disney's gems.

Also you can ask for more of a particular bread if you prefer it. We asked for more of the plain pita as our kids chowed down on it, and our server only said "How many?" :)

When my hubby and I went a couple years ago we ordered it with the 9 accompaniments and we were pretty full before our meals came. The yummy Mojito I had might have had something to do with it :ssst:. I think next time we will get the appy and sit and relax with a couple drinks. That was by far my favorite meal we had, the atmosphere was great, we had a table by the window and could see the giraffes being fed and birds were coming up close to the window. There was a family sitting sort of across from us and their little girl came and watched with us. I definitely will be back this trip in December and hope we get the same table.

No doubt. My family of 4, all with big appetites, can have the bread service, the salad sampler, and a meat trio plate, and a dessert to share and we all leave happy and full. We add extra bread to use all of the delicious sauces. Even with a drink for me and DH, our bill is right around $100, which is not a bad price at all for Disney table service.

We were asked what kind(s) of bread we wanted, having not been there before we tried one of each. We preferred the garlic one. I would definitely try all nine sauces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter