Break Out The Steel Drums Mon!

Big Dude

<font color=red>Tagless in New Jersey<font color=g
Big Dude is headed to Jamaica. I happened upon a great deal for just the DW and myself. A little birthday present for me (so to speak). Does anyone have any knowledge of a Jamaica message board? I'd like to find out a little more about the lay of the land before the trip. This is gonna be just a relaxation trip!:cool: We will be staying at an all inclusive resort in Montego Bay. Any help would be much appreciated.

Adam aka Big Dude

Which resort are you staying at? I did some research years back, and I'd still like to go, after I get caught up with my Disney vacations :) At the time I went to some travel boards on AOL, not sure what you use. Either way, have a great time!!! :)

I want to go!

Adam yall are always taking the coolest trips! Couldn't you get your friend Kurt to take me????

Sounds like fun!

All I can say is that if you're at an all-inclusive, I think you're best off staying at the resort and taking advantage of all they have to offer. Usually water sports are included along with your drinks and meals.

Also, if the resort says tips are included, but extra gratuities are appreciated, give a little something to whoever serves you.

When we stayed at an all-inclusive in Cancun, we tipped a 10 (or 20?) peso note (worth about $1.60) for every drink we were served. The waiters tripped over themselves to give us good service as a result, and we didn't get the watered down drinks either. If I ordered a bottle of water (which cost a few bucks in the room mini-bar), our waiter would bring two. I saved them and kept a stash in the room. It was so worth the extra tipping.

I've been to Jamaica but it was many years ago so I can't be of much help. Just want to say...Have a great trip!!!:)

Have a great trip! Like Kitty, I haven't been there for a long time but I DID grow up in Brooklyn and I think it has more Jamaicans than Jamaica!!
icon10.gif

Janice: Most all inclusives in Jamiaca have a zero tipping policy. Staff caught accepting a tip are frequently fired on the spot.

I've always wanted to go to Jamaica! Have a wonderful trip :D

I wanna go to the Carribbean really bad!!

I hope you have a great trip! :cool:

Cool. I only visited Jamaica for a day during a cruise... DOn't remember much though.

But have a great time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter