• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast? Ale & Compass or Trattoria al Forno

juju

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between these two after my husband runs the Half Marathon next month (close to our hotel). Any recommendations?

I haven’t tried Trattoria, but highly recommend A&C! They have a few different breakfast options as well as traditional breakfast foods. We love it there!

If do go to Trattoria, I don't recommend the pancakes. Had some there last week and the are the size, shape, and density of hockey pucks. At least mine were that dense. My wife had the same and she said her's weren't as bad.

If do go to Trattoria, I don't recommend the pancakes. Had some there last week and the are the size, shape, and density of hockey pucks. At least mine were that dense. My wife had the same and she said her's weren't as bad.

Thank you for the warning! Pancakes is a frequent order for me, but I'll avoid them!

To the OP. good luck with your DH's half marathon. The year my DH signed up for it at WDW, we got a text at 10:00 the night beforehand that it was cancelled. I will say that even though it was the first time Disney had to cancel a running event at the last minute like that, they treated everyone VERY well! But such a disappointment after all that training!

Both are solid options but I like Trattoria a bit better. Their breakfast potatoes and the pressed pot coffee is good. I also liked their bacon and sausage a bit better than Ale & Compass.

Trattoria - we loved the breakfast pizza!! We actually liked the pancakes - they were pretty (felt special); nothing special on the taste but good; they are thick though so you definitely have to like that... if you like super light soaked in syrup probably not for you.

Trattoria because the menu appeals to me more and I have a more consistent experience there.

I've always had a great experience at Ale and Compass - IMHO it's one of the best places for breakfast on property. I didn't love Trattoria when we went for breakfast on our last trip. The food was fine, but nothing that blew us away and made us want to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter