Breakfast and Extra Magic Hour

amyg1975

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel this July and we have not booked any character breakfasts because we want to take advantage of Extra Magic Hour. Does the hotel have any quick breakfast items available? If not, does Main Street have something available during Extra Magic Hour? The last time we were there we stayed off-site with a free breakfast! Thanks.

You have three options:
- The Main Street Bakery, however, when you get in at opening time, they are usually still setting up so the QUICK part of quick service is... not that quick ;-)
- Go into the village, Starbucks opens at 8. Also here, usually not very quick first thing in the morning and it gets busy as all the guests from the other 5 hotels pass this Starbucks. And you loose the convenience from staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
- Go outside to the train station and get something at Relay (convenience store), even less ideal due to going through security again.

None of the hotels does a quick service breakfast, only buffet style. Santa Fe also has a Starbucks, but as you already pass the other Starbucks in the village, this is not a better solution.

Other option: what do you do the day before, can you pick up some muffins or other breakfast items the day before and eat in your room. Could also be just some fruit to get you through the EMH and get some bigger breakfast later in the morning when there are more restaurants open for business.
All rooms in the Disneyland Hotel should have a small fridge.

Thank you so much. I think we will pick up things the day before! :) I would hate to lose valuable time getting food when we could be going on rides.

Is there a reason not to have breakfast earlier? Whenever we stayed at the Disneyland hotel we would have breakfast then go back to the room, take a shower and still make it in time for magic hour…

Did they change the breakfast hours or something?

Also pretty sure you can have room service breakfast but it might not be included in the meal plan if you have one.

Another quick service breakfast option is Le Comptoir, which is the takeaway window at Brasserie Rosalie. It's not ideal for you since it's another option which loses the benefit of staying right beside the park at the Disneyland Hotel, but I thought I'd add it to the thread. Their pastries were excellent, and a good option for people walking from the other Disney hotels.

I don't remember if they have the pastries available all day, but if you're passing then it might be a good option for grabbing food to eat the next morning.

I am just on my way home from trip that ended at DLP .. I’m used to WDW where for Early Entry .. you need to get there extra early. .. not the case at DLP when we were there. We went for breakfast at 7 am (we were staying at Sante Fe) …arrived at the Studios Park at 7:55 am …we were the 3rd and 4th person there 🤣🤣

The first day we did Crush Coaster, then Webslingers x2, ToT and Ratatouille better regular park hours.

The second day we did Webslingers x2 (we were the first on the ride as everyone goes to Crush), then hopped over to Disneyland (it was still Early Entry and they had to override something to let us enter…)

I thought the parks would be busy this week based on Premier Access pricing, but it was not all at all. We rarely waited in long lines. Longest was 35 minutes for BTM our first afternoon. Average was 10 minutes or less.

Attachments

• IMG_9389.jpeg
    IMG_9389.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1

Great to know. We are passholders at Disneyland, and when we stay onsite and get early entry, the lines are long!
I am just on my way home from trip that ended at DLP .. I’m used to WDW where for Early Entry .. you need to get there extra early. .. not the case at DLP when we were there. We went for breakfast at 7 am (we were staying at Sante Fe) …arrived at the Studios Park at 7:55 am …we were the 3rd and 4th person there 🤣🤣

The first day we did Crush Coaster, then Webslingers x2, ToT and Ratatouille better regular park hours.

The second day we did Webslingers x2 (we were the first on the ride as everyone goes to Crush), then hopped over to Disneyland (it was still Early Entry and they had to override something to let us enter…)

I thought the parks would be busy this week based on Premier Access pricing, but it was not all at all. We rarely waited in long lines. Longest was 35 minutes for BTM our first afternoon. Average was 10 minutes or less.
Great to know. We are passholders at Disneyland, and when we stay onsite and get early entry, the lines are long!

Are both parks open for EMH every day (Disneyland CA switches off)?

We are Disneyland fiends -- we stay at GCH and get out there no later than 6:15 ... and I've never managed to be first in line! Third or fourth, sure, but never first. Drat!

For this, our first and possibly only trip to DLP (which will be at the end of a longer trip to the rest of France), I opted out of the meal plans because each of them includes breakfast - I'd love to have a real breakfast, but I can't risk missing any of the EMH. So it'll be muffins/croissants from the day before, eaten in line, just like at DL/DCA (and we'll make up for it later in the day, lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter