breakfast at rope drop

Heidi K

DIS Veteran
For 8 of our park days, we've been planning to have breakfast in the room (we have an AS Music family suite). However, I'm realizing it might be more efficient to pack some food the night before, quickly get up & dressed in the morning, hop on the bus, then eat breakfast at rope drop during our 30 to 45 minutes that we wait for the park to open. (The kids are early risers--ages 2, 5, and 8). Has anyone done this? What breakfast foods are easily transportable? I'm thinking granola bars, bananas, that type of thing. Any tips? We have early lunch ADRs on most days so breakfast would not need to be a huge meal.

We do this all the time. I pack cereal bars, pop tarts, fruit cups, water and juice pouches. We eat at the gate to save time. It works for us!

Single-serve bowls of cereal are 3/$1 at Dollar Tree. If DS doesn't finish it in the room, he eats it in the car or waiting in line for rope drop (he prefers dry cereal).

Yep, we do it all the time... though depending on how slow buses are, we often eat some or all of it at the bus stop while we're waiting... just not "on" the bus :thumbsup2

For fruit we pack bananas or squeezie pack style apple sauce. Then protein bar, granola bar or muffin, and sometimes extra veggies like carrot sticks. Most important is that it's all "finger food".

For a drink it's either a juice box or a chug milk. I pack everything in a brown paper bag so it can be tossed when we're done.

It works for us too. We always do rope drop and try to sleep to the last possible minute. We tend to try to eat at the resort bus stop while waiting there if there is a wait. It can get a bit congested waiting at the gates. Everything disposable. Dry cereal, poptarts, cereal bars, apple sauce pouches, juice boxes. Easy!

Definitely works well for kids in strollers. I also find my daughter who likes to wait to eat (she never eats much in the morning) is fine to wait for a snack or brunch after we enter the park. It is me that needs food before the kids!

Glad to hear this works for people. I'll have to try Dollar Tree for the cereal. I've never seen the squeezable applesauce, but I'm sure the kids will love that.

I did this last trip several days to save time. Each child had a baggie and a juice box:

Nutrigrain bar, cheese stick, applesauce pouch
Nutrigrain bar, yogurt tube, banana

Other stuff would work too, that is just what we bought. All the trash goes in the baggie and tossed when done. I pack DS breakfast like this for DC and it usually looks something like that. Other things we pack include oatmeal poptarts, fig newtons, Annie's bunnies w/ individual peanut butter, freeze-dried fruit (especially the Brothers All Natural Disney ones). You could also do a box of milk rather than juice.

These are great ideas! I have brought oatmeal in the past and heated the water in the coffee maker. I like this better for the days we do morning EMH. Also my daughter would rather eat a bag of dry corn flakes later in the morning anyway.

I love that idea and don't know why we never thought of it. I guess because DH is a bear without a proper sit down, breakfast served proper. Yet I just wake up half hour early and let the kids sleep in while I feed DH.

Next time, I am going to try to pack a nice brown bag breakfast.

I love that idea and don't know why we never thought of it. I guess because DH is a bear without a proper sit down, breakfast served proper. Yet I just wake up half hour early and let the kids sleep in while I feed DH.

Next time, I am going to try to pack a nice brown bag breakfast.

lol.. thats how I am, I have to eat sitting down, relaxing, and prior to all the morning rituals.. so I wake up about an hour before the others.. everyone else is fine waking up and getting in the car...
I let the wifey sleep in as well and I prepare my own food though.

We usually eat in the park before it opens or at the hotel since our kids are up by 6:00am. However, we always carry some snacks that could be used as breakfast food: cereal bars, Cherrios or other cereal baggies, raisin boxes, packaged apple slices, mini muffin baggies, etc.

My kids aren't rushers and wake early enough that we usually do breakfast in the room. They wake, watch tv, and eat breakfast while hubby and I get ready. We don't have cable tv at home, so that's important to them! We still always make it way before rope drop. If one child doesn't eat, then we bring breakfast with us. It's usually our youngest who is a feast or famine type of kid.

For food, we do fresh fruit, luna bars, and dry cereal. We also have juice boxes. So, all easy to grab and go whether it's in the room or in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter