Breakfast dilemma....

kattyjemmeg

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,

Just after your thoughts on this one if that's ok?? For our first day on property (me and my two kids), I'm looking for somewhere to have breakfast (pretty early as we'll still be on UK time!) but not in the parks. We are staying at POFQ. My daughter turns 10yr on 1st April and our first reservation is on 3rd April so I'm a bit reluctant to pay $$$ for a buffet breakfast at adult prices (which I assume I will have to??). I'd love to do something on property as opposed to Denny's or something like that. I was initially thinking getting an Uber to Boma. It's be nice to spend our first morning touring the hotels or boardwalk or DS on monorail or something like that.

Ay suggestions gratefully received! BTW we've done the character meals before so I'm not too bothered about doing these again...

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Grand Floridian Cafe has a really good breakfast, Boma has a good buffet, Ale and Compass, at the Yacht Club, has a great breakfast/buffet combo - each of these are near a different park. Some people enjoy the Wave at the Contemporary. I didn't enjoy my time there, but I never went back so maybe it was an off day. If I was going to a park in the afternoon, it would probably affect which I chose.

I personally love The Wave breakfast. My fave on property! You can order from the menu OR take part in the buffet. Their buffet is delicious and also includes made-to-order items such as french toast. Its delish!

Boma is also a great breakfast. Delicious food, and its nice to check out the animals afterwards. Your kids will love it. :)

If your arrival day is Apr 3rd and your daughters birthday is Apr 1st, then your assumption is correct, she will be charged adult prices.

As far as recommendations that are non-character and not in a park, I liked Kona at the Polynesian and Ale & Compass at Yacht Club that I tried for the first time a few weeks ago was really good as well. I also agree that Boma is great, but it's a buffet.

Your daughter is the age she was on checkin day. When do you arrive?

Most of the resorts have great breakfasts. Depends where you want to be price point wise

Boma is a great breakfast buffet. And AKL is a beautiful resort to wonder around.

The day of your first dining reservation (4/3) does not determine whether your daughter is considered a Disney adult. It is the day you check in. Are you checking in before 4/1? It has always been my experience that if you check in prior to your child turning 10, they will be considered a Disney child for your entire stay, regardless of turning 10 during your trip.

I really like the quick service restaurants at the hotels for breakfast. It's not a meal I like lingering over like a table service restaurant would be. You could take the bus over to Magic Kingdom and walk to the Contemporary. Their quick service is next to Chef Mickey's and you can watch the monorails go by overhead, which is a pretty cool experience.

The food court at POFQ is generally regarded as one of the best on property. My suggestion would be to enjoy that, then take a relaxing boat ride from your resort to Disney Springs.

The day of your first dining reservation (4/3) does not determine whether your daughter is considered a Disney adult. It is the day you check in. Are you checking in before 4/1? It has always been my experience that if you check in prior to your child turning 10, they will be considered a Disney child for your entire stay, regardless of turning 10 during your trip.
Thank you for this but annoyingly we check in on 2nd April and her birthday is 1st April! Typical!

Thanks for your responses. Yes, I hadn’t thought about quick service - good idea! And I’ll hopefully save a few dollars too! Thank you everyone!

I'm a big fan of checking out my resort, so we would get at least one order Mickey shaped beignets at the counter service at POFQ! Beignets are a classic New Orleans food, so it would definintely be something you won't get at home. BUT, one order for the family is probably enough. I can't even eat a whole order of beignets in New Orleans where the beignets are lighter. You could get some fruit or another main dish to go along with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter