Breakfast ideas for the Atkins Diet

lvs_eeyore

<font color=deeppink>Has a silly grin & it's Disne
I'm starting the induction phase of the Atkins Diet tomorrow and Im looking for some ideas for breakfasts. You cant have cereals or fruits so most of my normal diet breakfasts are out and so is yogurt. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas they could share with me.

When you start induction it really, really helps to have a lot of fat. It keeps you from getting hungry & it seems to help with the weight loss. So, the best thing for induction for breakfast is eggs with lots of butter! I know it seems strange, when you are trying to lose weight & lower your cholesterol, but it works!

I usually start with a cup of coffee with heavy cream. Then I have eggs of some kind. We have bacon one day a week.

A friend of mine has a great recipe for a crustless quiche thingy. It lasts for several days & is the easiest breakfast you can imagine! You just microwave it. I will get the recipe & post it for you.

It also helps to have cheese or hard boiled eggs handy for snacks. Sometimes you just want to grab something!

Here is a recipe from thinner.com. You could make it in advance & heat up one slice at a time for breakfast.

Here is an excellent recipe for crustless quiche from Fran McCullough's Low Carb Cookbook.

Basic Quiche-Serves 6, 2.4g carbs per serving

Butter for quiche pan
6 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded cheese-cheddar, swiss, whatever you like
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Butter an 8" quiche pan (glass pie pan works too). Beat eggs in bowl with cream, salt and pepper. Add cheese, mix well, pour into pan. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.

Optional add-ins for minimal carbs-1/2 cup crumbled crisp bacon, or 1/2 cup diced ham.
Spinach quiche-Add 1 cup cooked, speezed dry chopped spinach and a little nutmeg

I hope you love eggs! but if you don't ... stop thinking you have to have breakfast foods for breakfast!

Have some cold chicken, hard boiled egg, quiche - anything you want!

I've read some people eat this:

2 T cream cheese
1 egg
vanilla
1 packet splenda
cinnamon

microwave cream cheese for 20 seconds
remove
beat in the egg until smooth
add other ingredients
microwave 90 seconds - 2 minutes.

Reminds me of custard, I've seen other people call it mock danish. A great site for recipes is at

Good luck!

Atkins Friends

Wow thank you!! I do like eggs but I get into a rut making them. I will make the quiche and have that some mornings too. I wonder how it would freeze? I guess I could make up an omelet or scrambled eggs and take them to work to heat up in the microwave. Im not one for eating really early in the morning.

Thank you for the Atkins Friends site also. I have bookmarked that. There is tons of great information on it!

I am determined to make this diet work for me.

I usually make some hard boiled eggs at the beginning of the week and just keep them in the fridge for quick breakfasts on the run, or snacks later in the day. I also keep beef sticks and cheese cubes on hand to grab as I'm running out the door for work in the morning! I personally find that I don't lose as quickly when I'm eating Atkins breakfast bars. They're good, but I think they make me stall. You'll have to see for yourself how they work with your body.

I also like to make protein shakes some mornings. If you like Starbuck's Frappacinos then you'll love this! Mix 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup water, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp. instant coffee, 1/2 tsp. cocoa and a little Splenda, and some ice in a blender! Yum!

I buy the GNC Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla protein powder. There's only 1 carb. per serving and it's packed with protein and other nutrients! You can also use it for baking. Check out the Atkinsfriends site for some great muffin recipes using flax seed (Dobie muffins)! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter