Breakfast recommendations for check out day?

Jacova

Earning My Ears
We are staying at POFQ so I was hoping to get breakfast at DS on our last day, but there doesn't seem to be many options there. Any recommendations for a good, non-park (non character) breakfast that isn't too hard to get to from PO? We want a calm, leisurely breakfast before we have to head to the airport around noon. TIA!

We are staying at POFQ so I was hoping to get breakfast at DS on our last day, but there doesn't seem to be many options there. Any recommendations for a good, non-park (non character) breakfast that isn't too hard to get to from PO? We want a calm, leisurely breakfast before we have to head to the airport around noon. TIA!
How about taking the bus to HS and then walking or taking the boat to Ale and Compass or Trattoria Al Forno?

Or bus to HS and skyliner to Riviera for a quick service breakfast at Primo Piatto and coffee from Le Petit Cafe?

If you don’t mind using a rideshare or MV, Olivia’s Cafe has a nice brunch type menu, with both breakfast and lunch entrees available. It’s right next door, at Old Key West, but you can’t walk there from POFQ and there is no direct transportation between the two. If you have time, you can use Disney transportation via DS.

If you want to use Disney transportation, the easiest restaurant to get to will probably be Steakhouse 71 at CR (bus to MK, walk to CR). Otherwise, I would probably do Olivia's as recommended by PP. We just stayed at POFQ and the resort was quite quiet in the late morning - perhaps just opt to sleep in, have some QS and some delicious beignets right at the resort?

why not just stay at the resort for another plate of mickey waffles lol

that is our plan on our last day before we catch the bus back to the airport

I agree with the idea of Skyliner to the Beach Club area, and then the easy walk to Trattoria. We've enjoyed breakfasts there, and it's often not too difficult to get a reservation - either in advance, or even walk-up via the app. In the morning, the Skyliner should be an easy journey, and it's a nice walk around the lake to Trattoria. No buses, no ride share, no multiple locations to change buses...... All this about Trattoria, I would never turn down Olivia's either!!

Eighteen years ago I tried to get into Beaches and Cream for my granddaughter’s 7th birthday. No luck as they were so busy. Now in a week until her 25th! birthday, got smart and made an ADR. They don’t open until 11:00am so not really a breakfast, but can hardly wait to do this on our no park departure day.

On our last stay at POFQ we had breakfast at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' and really loved it. We didn't have kids so our other thought was to Uber to Olivia’s Cafe at OKW, this was back before Steakhouse 71 took over The Wave and loved it but Olivia’s Cafe was still our back up.

For a long time, we had the tradition of breakfast at Cape May (at the BC). It's not very convenient to get to unless you're willing to Uber/Lyft. But it was always a great send off for us. Admittedly, we were usually staying in the area which made it more convenient.
I really like the Olivia's suggestions based on your staying at POFQ. OKW is a lot closer. It's a solid choice.

For a long time, we had the tradition of breakfast at Cape May (at the BC). It's not very convenient to get to unless you're willing to Uber/Lyft. But it was always a great send off for us. Admittedly, we were usually staying in the area which made it more convenient.
I really like the Olivia's suggestions based on your staying at POFQ. OKW is a lot closer. It's a solid choice.
Agree, all the suggestions for YC or BWI are great and all but on checkout day maybe not. Yes you can do all that transportation finagling if you want, and yes a skyliner is quick, but busses aren’t always, boats are slow, and skyliner get busy in the morning and can breakdown and you need to likely go back to your resort to get your bags after. So repeat all your moves on the way back. Sure you can walk from HS, but depending on your group it still takes some time even fast probably 20 min? (Although my son and I did book one night back to BWI in about 15 minutes to reach CL before dessert hour ended after RoR. But we were straight out running.

We did Olivia's brunch at OKW this past spring. It was easy to make the reservation and the food was very good. It is also a smaller sized eatery and not too loud (especially outside).

You could take the boat from POR to The Marketplace dock at DS and then the boat to OKW from the same dock. And to me, nothing spells calm better than taking the boat rides after a nice breakfast at Olivia's.

We’re also staying at POFQ. Disney Springs is your best bet while staying there. I have the Boathouse’s Captains Singalong brunch reserved. I was torn between that and Raglan Road’s brunch with Irish Dancers.

Homecoming and Wine Bar George also serve brunch.

We usually do Kona Cafe or Steakhouse 71 on our last morning, both places are great !!

Eighteen years ago I tried to get into Beaches and Cream for my granddaughter’s 7th birthday. No luck as they were so busy. Now in a week until her 25th! birthday, got smart and made an ADR. They don’t open until 11:00am so not really a breakfast, but can hardly wait to do this on our no park departure day.
Talk about opposite experiences. Last time I went on departure day we arrived 15 mins early, were seated 40 mins after our reservation and sat down in chairs outside that soaked out butts even though they looked dry. Worst departure day meal ever for me 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter