Breakfast reviews

K and K's Mommy

<font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team</fon
We were at Disney last week. First, I'll post my breakfast reviews. We had some breakfasts in the room so this will be a shorter one. Our family includes myself, DH, DS 5, and DD 2.

Boatwrights- We ate here twice because we stayed at POR. The breakfast was wonderful. My first meal here I had the sweet potato pancakes. I loved them, but I do like sweet potatoes. I don't think the sweet potato taste overwhelmed them though. My DH had the breakfast calabash. The potatoes have a cheese like sauce over them. They were very good. My son had the Mickey pancake and ate the whole thing. My DD had the kids scrambled egg breakfast. She ate most of the eggs but not a lot of the potatoes or sausage. The portions are very big so I feel like this was a good value.

For our second breakfast here, my DH had the blueprint omelet. It was huge! This was partly because my DH got so much stuff in it. He ate it all, and it was tasty. (I sampled a bite!) I had scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and toast. It was all very good. I am picky about my eggs and these were good, but my favorite was the breakfast potatoes. Both my kids had the Mickey pancake this time.

Crystal Palace - We love to eat here (as you can tell from my signature although my DD has changed so much in a year!) I had an 8:10 PS, and we were seated about 8:13. The restaurant was still mostly empty so we saw our first two characters before we got any food. The characters were all very good. We saw them all twice. I am always pleased with the food. The eggs and the pastry section are especially good. I love the chocolate muffin! My DH likes the raspberry coffee cake. The have an omelet station in the middle of the buffet. They are okay but not near as good as Boatwrights. I actually think the frittata is better. I also like their granola a lot. The one thing I do not like is the breakfast lasagna. It is too sweet for me. We would have been out the door by 9:15 had I not made the mistake of taking my kids to the restroom. It was packed. Skip this restroom and find the nearest bigger one in the park.

Main Street Bake Shop - Unfortunately, they were out of French toast loaf. I was really wanting to try that. Anyway, we got a quiche, a Mickey bun, and a cheese danish. The quiche and danish were good. The Mickey bun was just okay.

I will post my lunches and dinners later. I'm sad to be home!

I'm not a breakfast buffet person, but I do like to do the character meal early in the day. Would you consider the food at the Crystal Palace to be your normal breakfast or somthing worth going for? Also what did the breakfast lasagna consist of? Thanks

Mike, I wouldn't say there is anything unusual about the food at Crystal Palace. If you are a Pooh fan, it is a beautiful restaurant and the food is good. If it were just my DH and I, we would probably do a sit down at a resort restaurant. I just had a little bit of the breakfast lasagna, but I think it is some sort of fruit, a pastry layer, and cinnamon, sugar layer. It is very sweet and some people love it. It just wasn't my type of thing.

Enjoyed the reviews.That Blueprint omlette has long been a particular favorite of mine.

Thanks for sharing. I have wanted to do CP for a long time and each trip I've missed it for one reason or another. :( I'll definately put it on my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter