Breaking News: Texas bans fish pedicures

OMGoodness...Just when you thought you heard everything...:confused3

I don't know wether to be skeeved at the idea or to be:lmao: that people would actually pay to have this done...

There was info. in the news about a week ago saying the same procedure had been banned where I live as well. The salon owner they interviewed said she would be out several thousand dollars because the fish were so expensive to purchase. I guess the problem is that there is no way to keep the water they're in sanitary -- the whole thing just grosses me out!

Ew, ew, EEEEWWW!!! :scared1: :scared1: This is my idea of hell- sitting with FISH nibbling on your feet??!!?? Gross!! I have a huge fish phobia, and this would wig me right out.

Banning fish pedicures sounds like a good idea to me. Even if they would sit still long enough, what color should you paint their toenails (or fin nails)?

I find the whole thing gross, but I guess some people love it. It doesn't bother me if they want to do it.:flower3:

I am totally skeeved out by this. eeewwww the thought of my feet being nibbled. no way no how

This grosses me out too, but my brother (who just recently moved to Korea) had this done and LOVED it. He has the grossest feet ever, and when he was done he said he couldn't believe how soft they were :lmao:

Having fish nibble on my feet is why I don't get in the water at the beach.

How about in Japan they'll let you get in a spa like tub with the fishies and have a whole body "experience"!!! Ugh! I hope people are wearing bikinis at least! Ugh! The places those fish might go!!!

Hey, I live West of Dallas/Fort Worth. Maybe for $100 I could charge people to come sit with their feet in the koi pond in my backyard! :laughing:

I am all for pedicures, but this is one thing I could never do. When I was young, I couldn't even put my hand in my goldfish bowl because I was so afraid.

I am completely fascinated by marine life, but I can only deal with it if there is a nice piece of thick glass between myself and it.

How about in Japan they'll let you get in a spa like tub with the fishies and have a whole body "experience"!!! Ugh! I hope people are wearing bikinis at least! Ugh! The places those fish might go!!!

That is one visual I definitely did not need!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter