Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

On another thread (which I can't find right now), it was explained that since they lifted the quarantines from Louisiana, they had to restate that it was still in place for the tri-state area. The original order did not really have any deadline except to say that it would be in place only as long as the state of emergency lasted. Which as of right now is due to expire 7/8. I just saw on the news that the RNC will now be officially held in Florida so I doubt that it will still be in place at that point.
Well, that is the first encouraging interpretation of the extension (June 5th) I've read since I caught on to the news last Fri afternoon! Very plausible IMO. Thank you!

Don't you know... when you say you live in NY that means you live in NYC. NYC equates to NYS for a lot of the country. They don't understand, once you get outside of the major cities... Buffalo, Albany, NY... the state is not very densely populated. I never say I live in NY... I come from NY but live on LI.
When you're from the NE, you get the geographic divisions better than the rest of the US does. For us there's a definite distinction between North and South Jersey (I'm from South)
Someone should have advised Desantis to state in his EO "If you drive to the Linc to watch live NFL games then you're good to go. If you drive to MetLife Stadium, you have to quarantine" :hyper: That would have made things more clear. :laughing:

I’m not surprised to see that. I have had to be on the phone with both DVC MS and WDW for various reasons over the past 24 hours, and more that one CM has made comments that make me think that everything is about to derail....“things are still fluid”, “we don’t know where we will be in 4 weeks” and, my favourite, “just because the Governor doesn’t shut things down doesn’t mean that Disney won’t”. 🙄

I'll be curious to see if Lamont follows suit for CT if Cuomo does it.

I wouldn't be surprised, Maine wanted all visitors to quarantine for 14 days, and the business were in a bad spot since so many rely on tourists. They now want proof of a negative test with in 72 hours of arrival or 14 day quarantine.

And while all of this “looks” good... how will anyone prove or enforce any of it. It’s a good idea for everyone to be cautious after traveling anywhere and limit exposure. I think that is a fine idea for all. I just wonder if making an order truly accomplishes anything other than getting more news attention. And, perhaps that is the point... get everyone’s attention with a newsworthy bit that you need to be taking it seriously. Ultimately it’s up to the individual...

...and I think Cuomo and Lamont have done a decent job, but they are human too. I bet they would love to stick that in the face of governors who haven’t quite been up to the task with a few “EO’s back at ya.”

Last edited:
...and I think Cuomo and Lamont have done a decent job, but they are human too. I bet they would love to stick that in the face of governors who haven’t quite been up to the task with a few “EO’s back at ya.”

At the risk of discussing politics too much...

I agree. I'm very satisfied with Lamont's handing of the pandemic, and Cuomo's too (but I'm not one of his constituents). But, yeah, when I saw the headline that Cuomo was considering measures against FL travelers I immediately thought of a tit for tat sort of thing. We mere travelers between the two regions might find ourselves in limbo while these guys all try to out EO each other.

I don't want to get political at all either, but living in NYC, obviously we are bombarded with Cuomo and the local news - and he really did botch the nursing home situation -

in other news, really sounds like he is going to enforce the Florida travel ban/restriction

When you're from the NE, you get the geographic divisions better than the rest of the US does. For us there's a definite distinction between North and South Jersey (I'm from South)
Someone should have advised Desantis to state in his EO "If you drive to the Linc to watch live NFL games then you're good to go. If you drive to MetLife Stadium, you have to quarantine" :hyper: That would have made things more clear. :laughing:
And when you live in Florida, you understand there are distinctions between South Florida, NE Florida, Central Florida, and the Panhandle. While using your terminology "the rest of the US does"

And when you have moved around a bit you realize there is a difference between Nebraska and Indiana.

I won't even go into the differences between Southern California, Northern California and beyond to Oregon and Washington.

Lets just say I understand the differences in geographic divisions than most NE people do.

And when you live in Florida, you understand there are distinctions between South Florida, NE Florida, Central Florida, and the Panhandle. While using your terminology "the rest of the US does"

And when you have moved around a bit you realize there is a difference between Nebraska and Indiana.

I won't even go into the differences between Southern California, Northern California and beyond to Oregon and Washington.

Lets just say I understand the differences in geographic divisions than most NE people do.

OK you TOTALLY took that out of context and WAAAAY too personally!!!

Since this entire thread is about the Tri-State area being under continued restrictions, I was speaking specifically about understanding of the geographic areas IN THE NORTH EAST. We (myself and some others here on this thread) have been trying to decipher what Desantis meant by including the term "Tri-State area" because WE (again speaking of the NE) understand what the phrase "Tri-State Area" means when spoken in terms of the NYC Metropolitan Area (which is one of the Tri-State areas of the ......again, NE) You see, the context was all about the NE. I certainly didn't mean that the people in the rest of the country are ignorant of the geography of the US or the world or anything else. I haven't seen that any of the other readers of this thread took it that way.

Maybe I should have worded it, "When you live in the NE, you understand the geographic divisions of our area better than......"
But, I meant absolutely NO OFFENSE to anyone in the rest of the US and if you put that post in the context of my other posts immediately previous and those of others on this subject (what did Desantis mean by Tri-State area?) you would see that.

Lighten up. Taking offense easily over something so silly causes stress and no one needs any more stress in their lives.

ETA: Also take note of the subject of the post that I quoted above my post about the geographic areas. Context.

Last edited:
and here's my simplistic take on all of this conversation about geographic divisions..... there really are NONE. There are spots within our tri state area that have higher/lower counts,this is true. But since this moves very fluidly from day to day, and ANYONE can basically travel ANYWHERE within ANY of the states (yeah just avoid 95 at the border) there are NO divisions in reality.
And for all the chit chat about who's at what stage of opening, this also means pretty much nothing.
"Opening" in most places (hello tri state area) is simply an economic move (I'm not debating whether it's necessary or not here) to get money moving and businesses going,and people employed somehow. Most of that has nothing to do with the actual situation as far as virus safety,etc. Those are two separate things.
So yes, the tri state area is LESS bad than it was in April,and Floridas numbers are def. getting worse (as to whats being reported accurately) but none of that means that it should be so simple or easy to move about the country at will,b/c it's all 'safe' now. (or safer)
And while I dislike the idea of being "banned" from entering a state, I dislike even more the idea that EO's, openings and phases mean so many people are now focusing on less important questions.....
IMHO,I wish there was a more comprehensive plan in place for the entire country,b/c it's starting to feel kinda' tight up here in the good ole' tri state area.....

I just got to my hotel near Disney Springs (6/20/20) and flew in from Connecticut for a job.

When we landed in Orlando a lady that worked for Southwest handed the flight attendant a paper which was the governor's order which was read aloud. There was a lot of grumbling.

Immediately upon exiting the gate there were members of the Orange County Health Department and National Guard waiting. They handed every family a piece of paper asking who they were, where they were staying and basic contact information. They also provided a flyer on who to contact if you feel sick.

Once the paper was handed back, you were free to go. They did not verify the information, but likely want to know if someone does get sick from that flight, whom they need to contact.

I just got to my hotel near Disney Springs (6/20/20) and flew in from Connecticut for a job.

When we landed in Orlando a lady that worked for Southwest handed the flight attendant a paper which was the governor's order which was read aloud. There was a lot of grumbling.

Immediately upon exiting the gate there were members of the Orange County Health Department and National Guard waiting. They handed every family a piece of paper asking who they were, where they were staying and basic contact information. They also provided a flyer on who to contact if you feel sick.

Once the paper was handed back, you were free to go. They did not verify the information, but likely want to know if someone does get sick from that flight, whom they need to contact.
Did your hotel screen you in anyway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter