Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

I just got to my hotel near Disney Springs (6/20/20) and flew in from Connecticut for a job.

When we landed in Orlando a lady that worked for Southwest handed the flight attendant a paper which was the governor's order which was read aloud. There was a lot of grumbling.

Immediately upon exiting the gate there were members of the Orange County Health Department and National Guard waiting. They handed every family a piece of paper asking who they were, where they were staying and basic contact information. They also provided a flyer on who to contact if you feel sick.

Once the paper was handed back, you were free to go. They did not verify the information, but likely want to know if someone does get sick from that flight, whom they need to contact.
This is good news. Hoping the order expires before my trip (7/13), but it's good to know that they don't seem to be doing anything with the paperwork.

Some Are getting calls. Others saying they never were contacted. Luck of the draw? Idk but fla cases are UP and some areas are UP in hospitalizations. It seems the numbers are all over the place depending How they re interpreted. Stay Safe All! Covid IS still here in Fla.

I just got to my hotel near Disney Springs (6/20/20) and flew in from Connecticut for a job.

When we landed in Orlando a lady that worked for Southwest handed the flight attendant a paper which was the governor's order which was read aloud. There was a lot of grumbling.

Immediately upon exiting the gate there were members of the Orange County Health Department and National Guard waiting. They handed every family a piece of paper asking who they were, where they were staying and basic contact information. They also provided a flyer on who to contact if you feel sick.

Once the paper was handed back, you were free to go. They did not verify the information, but likely want to know if someone does get sick from that flight, whom they need to contact.

Since it appears you’re in Florida for work, not pleasure, aren’t you exempt from quarantine?

Since it appears you’re in Florida for work, not pleasure, aren’t you exempt from quarantine?

According to the governor's order, yes. On top of that it's a government job. But it doesnt seem like they're enforcing anything nor do I see how they could have the resources to do so. I'm sure if someone gets sick and was on your flight they just want your info.

I have to say that it's a very eerie feeling all over. The airport was so quiet, no lines or crowds. I drove through disney and the parking lots are emptied and blocked off. The good news is that the resorts open tomorrow and I saw all of the buses gassing up.

From worst to first - NJ & NY are 2 of only 3 states on track to contain the virus, an amazing turnaround for the tri-state:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/n...-analysis-showing-positive-trends/3221792001/

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I live in NJ (southern- so a good distance from the hot-spot area) and have to say this: I began to see some people were wearing masks in stores here in early March, before the Governor's orders. Then once his orders dropped, my experience was that 100% of people I saw in stores on a weekly basis (I visited grocery, Walmart, Lowe's, Target) all were wearing face coverings. I didn't personally witness anyone arguing over it. I am the "designated shopper" for our family of 6 (4 young-adult kids at home), so I am out at 1-3 stores each week, just keeping us supplied. Even now that we have entered phased reopening, I still see everyone masked-up. I guess people in my area are very compliant types.
For me, masks are now second nature when in public. Due to TMJD, I have a bit of an issue wearing the store-bought types for more than about 30mins. So I have made my own and continue to make more. I'm experimenting with various types of cloth to test in our summer heat/humidity and determine which will be best for our Sept WDW trip. Then I will make a bunch of whatever turns out to be best.

Last edited:
I have to say that it's a very eerie feeling all over. The airport was so quiet, no lines or crowds. I drove through disney and the parking lots are emptied and blocked off. The good news is that the resorts open tomorrow and I saw all of the buses gassing up.
Yes, I know what you mean. Back before NJ started "phased reopening" it was eerie here as well. Huge malls with empty parking lots! Hardly any traffic even during "rush" hours.

With this new information, I have to say that I am beginning to question our August trip. I’m not sure that DVC points are worth leaving CT right now. I know it can always change so I’ll keep following.

https://patch.com/connecticut/across-ct/ct-coronavirus-updates-infection-rate-lowest-nation
Yeah, us too. We're on a heavy "watch" approach for our trip that we pushed to August.

most of all the CT cases were nursing homes. once they locked that down the state is doing pretty good.
That and we're all wearing masks in public now, which I personally think is helping a ton.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I live in NJ (southern- so a good distance from the hot-spot area) and have to say this: I began to see some people were wearing masks in stores here in early March, before the Governor's orders. Then once his orders dropped, my experience was that 100% of people I saw in stores on a weekly basis (I visited grocery, Walmart, Lowe's, Target) all were wearing face coverings. I didn't personally witness anyone arguing over it. I am the "designated shopper" for our family of 6 (4 young-adult kids at home), so I am out at 1-3 stores each week, just keeping us supplied. Even now that we have entered phased reopening, I still see everyone masked-up. I guess people in my area are very compliant types.
For me, masks are now second nature when in public. Due to TMJD, I have a bit of an issue wearing the store-bought types for more than about 30mins. So I have made my own and continue to make more. I'm experimenting with various types of cloth to test in our summer heat/humidity and determine which will be best for our Sept WDW trip. Then I will make a bunch of whatever turns out to be best.
I agree, I'm having the same experience here in CT. It is becoming second nature to just grab one. No biggie. I'm also noticing that people are starting to talk to one another again in public when wearing masks. When we first started mask wearing nobody was really talking.

That and we're all wearing masks in public now, which I personally think is helping a ton.

I agree, I'm having the same experience here in CT. It is becoming second nature to just grab one. No biggie.

Someone needs to tell DeSantis that he needs to go ahead and lift those restrictions off of those who are probably among the most mask-compliant of the population! 😆

Has anyone heard about how the ban is being enforced when you drive rather than fly in? We have 2 trips planned, one for August and another for October. I'm not worried about Oct yet, but August may be an issue.

Has anyone heard about how the ban is being enforced when you drive rather than fly in? We have 2 trips planned, one for August and another for October. I'm not worried about Oct yet, but August may be an issue.

We drove to Florida in May to retrieve my sons dorm things. We were stopped at the border and had to list our phone number and where we would be staying. No one ever checked for called and we were there for 10 days

Arrived by car today... stayed overnight at campground Exit # 1 in GA. In morning we drove from Campground to US route 17 and followed that into FL down to FL route 200 over to 95. No traffic, no problems. It does not relieve you of your responsibility to follow self quarantine (so you are on your own to make that decision), but you do not have to stop on I-95 to fill out paperwork. Going around the 95 checkpoint like this is not illegal as that is the ONLY entrance into Florida where they do this. Anyone who decides to drive down US 17, US 301, I-75, etc do not have to stop at a checkpoint or fill anything out. The only legal responsibility is the self quarantine.. once again all individual...

Ok so now I need 2 weeks before my trip and 2 weeks at home when I get back. Wonder if I can use sick time for the return trip??!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter