• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breast Cancer Layouts

MerryPoppins

<font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b
I was just diagnosed with breast cancer this week. My diagnosis is on the inspiration board if any of you are interested.

My DS (14) says I have to scrap this part of my life. I wonder where to start? Any ideas about photos I should take and/or layouts celebrating surviving breast cancer? I'd welcome ideas, since scrapbooking is a good outlet and might help me through the ordeal.

MerryPoppins-

Bless Your Heart, you will be in my prayers. I know Memory Makers does a feature called "Pages For A Cure" They even have folks submit pages with a breast cancer theme, along with a donation to the Susan Komen Foundation. I have that magazine and would be glad to snail mail you that section if you would like. I live here in Norman.

Take Care and you will be in our thoughts!

Candi

MerryPoppins,

Having a great attitude is essential to a cure and scrapping is so known for being uplifting.

Keep on scrapping and I will keep you uplifted in prayer.

Chessie

You have a smart son. It will help to scrapbook this part of your life.

Other scrappers Merry Poppins has a support/pixie dust/prayers post on the inspiration board. Our friend can use loads of it right now. Here's a link: Merry Poppins Support thread

You guys are great! The DIS boards are making me feel so wonderful, right now. I am wearing my Mickey watch and letting it remind me of how many of you are thinking of me.

I found out yesterday that after my surgery all of my skin will be blue for a few hours from the dye they will inject. I guess that will be a Kodak moment! I'm thinking I'll take the camera to the hospital and get shots of my visitors. I may not want many of me when I am feeling bad, but at least I can get shots of the folks that are supporting me and shots of my doctors and nurses. Maybe we can use the digital camera and then the shots of me that I don't like can just be deleted. :) Of course, I can also save cards and notes.

Any other ideas? I don't want you to think my mind is more on the scrapbook than the surgery. The idea of this is to give me something positive to plan for instead of dwelling on the negative.

Yummy, Memory Makers is the ONE scrapbooking mag that I DON'T take. Is this a regular feature or maybe something they do yearly? I'd love to see it. Do you have a scanner? I don't want you to destroy your magazine to give it to me! Are you talking about a current issue? I could always go buy it. My scrapping buddy, Jacque may even have a copy.

My family is the best. They're being supportive to the max. I KNOW I am going to be fine. Just need to make it through this one step at a time.

Merry Poppins-

Well I must have lost my brain when I told you I had that magazine. I've looked through all of them and the March/April Edition of Memory Makers has the 2001 Page for the Cure Contest Entry Forms. I have my May/June and July/August magazines, so I am guessing the Page for the Cure Layouts are in the Sept/Oct magazine and I must have been thumbing through it and not purchased it! So it should still be out! HTH!

Take Care,
Candi

PS How bout them Sooners?

I think that scrapping about this time in your life will be good for your outlook. Scrapping will give you something to concentrate on. I like the idea of the pictures of your visitors going into the scrapbook. Perhaps this will be something that you can work on with your son.

Okay, Candi. I'll try to run by Michaels this week and check out a current copy. I'm always looking for an excuse to buy supplies, anyway.

Yea Sooners! They'll have to play better though, for us to win the #1 spot again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter