Breck Eisner as the next Disney CEO (If everyone starts hating Bob Chapek)?

Elijah Abrams

Mouseketeer
If the dislike, by Disney fans and employees, against current CEO Bob Chapek, starts to become a problem and he is ousted, would he be replaced by Breck Eisner, one of the three children of former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

If the dislike, by Disney fans and employees, against current CEO Bob Chapek, starts to become a problem and he is ousted, would he be replaced by Breck Eisner, one of the three children of former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?
Why would he?

Is this like the other refurbishment ideas?

What does directing a bunch of mediocre movies have to do with running a beloved media empire into the ground?

Disney is dead. Long live Disney.

He's got a weaker resume than Chapek.

I agree Josh is being groomed.

I am not a fan of Chapek so far personally but I am also cognizant of the fact he has been handed a dumpster fire due to the pandemic and deserves a chance to lead in more "normal" times before he is canned.

I really like Josh but I'm not sure he is anywhere near ready to lead the entire company. He is a parks guy, and one of the best from what I can tell, but the parks are a very small part of the corporate picture. If Chapek does get the boot in the short term I'm not sure who would take over, it very well could be a short term return of Iger, but I think the leading candidates are outside of Disney at the moment.

Naming Josh as a possible successor is the kiss of death. The last 2 CEO's made a career of targeting possible successors and forcing them out. I am sure Chapek has watched and observed. So, it was nice knowing Josh, hope you find enjoyment with your next employer.

Saw this interesting post on Facebook:

It would be nice to see someone who values longtime fans back in the driver's seat, I really miss the continuity in collectibles and such that faded somewhere in the 2000's.

I'm going with Angie Bobiester.

Ooops! I made that name up, and there actually is such a person! I'll get back to you, lol.

It would be nice to see someone who values longtime fans back in the driver's seat, I really miss the continuity in collectibles and such that faded somewhere in the 2000's.
I agree. I think Eisner was 180 degrees out from Walt Disney's vision. And of course so did the Disney family. Hence the Walt Disney Family museum was not located at a Disney park like Eisner wanted, but in San Francisco, as a Disney family snub to Eisner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter