• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Br'er Rabbits jaw!!

Legend_oflouis

Lookin' for Adventure.
Splash Mountain, my favorite attraction, has gone down for a much needed refurbishment. With said refurb it is very likely a certain rabbit will return. Before it closed didn't anyone else notice the jumping Br'er Rabbit was missing, but not entirely. Almost creepily the only thing remaining was the bottom of his jaw on top of a metal arm. Did anyone else notice this? Hopefully with the refurb he will be returned as well as movement to Mr Bluebird at the end.

Hope they get it working also. My daughter noticed Mr. Bluebird right away a couple of weeks ago when we went. It's our favorite also.

Not necessarily in the horrific terrifying condition you described, but that Animatronic scene has been very often out of commission
over the years.
It is one of the more complex and physically taxing of the Animatronics of Splash.

I'm going to GUESS that the maintenace dept. had been working on that Brer Rabbit overnight and
they forgot to "pull its plug." It then was inadvertently left "running" in its torn-down condition.

I guess we just don't know if other CMs caught (or heard about) the unfortunate error and called for a shutdown during the rest of the day
that you saw it.

Last edited:
I hate to miss it next week, We missed it in 2015, and I think 2013.... dang, maybe next time we will be able to ride it......

Splash Mountain, my favorite attraction, has gone down for a much needed refurbishment. With said refurb it is very likely a certain rabbit will return. Before it closed didn't anyone else notice the jumping Br'er Rabbit was missing, but not entirely. Almost creepily the only thing remaining was the bottom of his jaw on top of a metal arm. Did anyone else notice this? Hopefully with the refurb he will be returned as well as movement to Mr Bluebird at the end.

Okay, that sounds super creepy!

PICS???

I didn't see it, don't want to. That's bad show and pretty embarrassing.:(

Not necessarily in the horrific terrifying condition you described, but that Animatronic scene has been very often out of commission
over the years.
It is one of the more complex and physically taxing of the Animatronics of Splash.

I'm going to GUESS that the maintenace dept. had been working on that Brer Rabbit overnight and
they forgot to "pull its plug." It then was inadvertently left "running" in its torn-down condition.

I guess we just don't know if other CMs caught (or heard about) the unfortunate error and called for a shutdown during the rest of the day
that you saw it.

When I was there Aug 24 and 26, you could see the metal arm assembly (minus 99% of Brer Rabbit himself) as you passed, if you looked behind and to the left. The metal arm was not operating/moving; it just isn't completely hidden from view if you know to look for it. Brer's audio from that scene also did not play.

When I was there Aug 24 and 26, you could see the metal arm assembly (minus 99% of Brer Rabbit himself) as you passed, if you looked behind and to the left. The metal arm was not operating/moving; it just isn't completely hidden from view if you know to look for it. Brer's audio from that scene also did not play.

Sounds like my theory may be correct.
The mechanism was supposed to be made "off-line" but somehow got
connected and was inadvertently running without the "rabbit overlay."

going tomorrow and sad I won't get to see it - but glad they are fixing up my favorite attraction

over the years.

that you saw it.

Oh no I must have confused you I probably wrote it in a weird way. The animatronic wasn't actually running but he wasn't running but if you looked behind the bushes where he comes up all you could see was the metal arm and the bottom jaw. Sorry for the confusion.

*Edit* I never actually stated it in the post but he wasn't actually functional the arm with just the jaw on was just hidden behind the bushes like it would be when it resets sorry for the confusion I should have stated that.

Yeah that is exactly what I saw. I just found it weird how just the bottom jaw was remaining.

Yeah, you could see "million dollar bunny's" (bouncing Brer Rabbit's) jaw, and what seems like part of his metallic skeleton or support system, as early as August 8th when I was there. I'm assuming it was like that even before! It was really weird, and I tried to take a picture of it every time I passed by that part on the ride, but I just kept getting a blurry photo of a bush.

Yeah, you could see "million dollar bunny's" (bouncing Brer Rabbit's) jaw, and what seems like part of his metallic skeleton or support system, as early as August 8th when I was there. I'm assuming it was like that even before! It was really weird, and I tried to take a picture of it every time I passed by that part on the ride, but I just kept getting a blurry photo of a bush.
Same it was pretty hard to capture but pretty sure that was exactly what I saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter