• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bridal shower - gift opening

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
Are the brides opening gifts during the shower or after people are gone?

My niece just had a bridal shower and it was bring your gift unwrapped so everyone can see it and time is not used on opening the gifts. This was the first I heard of it, but I believe it went well (I was at my 7 month planned Disney trip.)

I have been to showers were they open gifts and where they don’t in the last year. The ones where they have opened gifts it was rapid gift opening to keep things moving. It seems to be bride or mothers to be choice by me. I prefer when they don’t open gifts. Hard to be enthusiastic when they open place setting #8 lol.

The last few I was at they weren’t opened but these were also showers with a lot of guests so lots of gifts.

My niece just had a bridal shower and it was bring your gift unwrapped so everyone can see it and time is not used on opening the gifts. This was the first I heard of it, but I believe it went well (I was at my 7 month planned Disney trip.)

Im not going to lie, this seems strange to me and would make me uncomfortable 😃

ETA: for some reason I'm ok with this for a baby shower 🎁

I’ve not heard of this before but I actually LOVE the idea. The showers I’ve been to recently have been pretty big; put on by our church for brides in our community, and there have been upwards of 40 guests. People visit and eat or play little games kind of awkwardly for a few hours while the gifts are opened, effectively isolating the bride from the event.

Most seem to be the majority of gifts opened during the event but I also think the bride often appears rushed to do so. I honestly wouldn't mind if gifts weren't open and saved for later. A side benefit may be guests won't be embarrassed if they got the same gift as someone else

Someone is usually keeping track of what gifts were given by whom and that could still be the case if not opened in front of others although I could see a potential issue pop up if the giver forgot to label it or it fell off.

It varies - some will start opening gifts after the "main course"/after eating/before cake/coffee.

Some will open while cake/coffee is being served.

The last few I have been to are asked to wrap in clear and gifts are not opened.

My niece got married recently and opened gifts during the shower. It was a small shower. I remember opening my during as well 22 years ago.

All the bridal showers I went to back in the days when I and all of my friends were getting married was the gifts were opened by the bride and all the bows from the presents were fixed to a paper plate with the ribbons hanging down to use as the practice bouquet at the wedding rehearsal.

I just hosted a bridal shower for my daughter. 45 people . I gave her the choice to open or not open. We always opened them at the shower in my day but it’s not as common anymore where we live.

Even with 45 people, there were several cards with cash or gift cards , some group gifts and several gifts had been sent to her home ahead of the shower. So all in all it really didn’t take too long.

Most of the ones I have been to open during. I can see why. It's nice to have your gift acknowledged and get a "thank you" in person.

I prefer when they do it later though. It gets a little boring oooooooing and ahhhhhhhhhing at place settings and towels. I kind of like the idea of bringing the gift unwrapped and placed on a table so everyone can admire the gifts without sitting through the unwrapping process. I never heard of this before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter