• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brides with Visible Tattoos??

MainStMandy

DIS Veteran
Quick question...I am not a bride nor will I be anytime soon, but I am getting my 4th tattoo this weekend and debating where to put it. I am thinking my shoulder but I don't know if I am crazy about the way it could possibly lookin a wedding dress...IF I ever got married again. Here is a pic below of the one I have on my back now.

Do/did any of you have visible tattoos in your dress??

\

I had 4 tattoos all visible (and another 2 hidden!) I had bought some dermablend to have them camaflouged, but accidently left it at home, and once we got to Florida I decided against getting any more. I love my tattoos... each one has a sentiment behind it and they are a part of me, so i'm actually glad I had them on show (much to my Ma's horror!!) Our photographer got some great photos of them, and I had the big princess dress etc etc, so it was kinda like Princess meets rock chick!! But i'm the girl who walked down the aisle to The Ramones, so not that girlie or compliant anyhow! :lmao:

Quick question...I am not a bride nor will I be anytime soon, but I am getting my 4th tattoo this weekend and debating where to put it. I am thinking my shoulder but I don't know if I am crazy about the way it could possibly lookin a wedding dress...IF I ever got married again. Here is a pic below of the one I have on my back now.

Do/did any of you have visible tattoos in your dress??

\

I had 4 tattoos all visible (and another 2 hidden!) I had bought some dermablend to have them camaflouged, but accidently left it at home, and once we got to Florida I decided against getting any more. I love my tattoos... each one has a sentiment behind it and they are a part of me, so i'm actually glad I had them on show (much to my Ma's horror!!) Our photographer got some great photos of them, and I had the big princess dress etc etc, so it was kinda like Princess meets rock chick!! But i'm the girl who walked down the aisle to The Ramones, so not that girlie or compliant anyhow! :lmao:

Thanks...I just looked at your pics and they are GORGEOUS!! And you can barely tell you have them...your veil covers the one on your back (which I didn't think about). I don't hide them in normal life, so I guess it wouldn't make a difference if I got married.

My mom was never against me getting a tatoo but balk when I came home with my one and only 2 months after my 18th birthday because it was on my upper arm.

Usually it's not a problem and I've worked for years at places dressed appropriately where people didn't even know I had it.

I might have thought about it for a split second, but I just couldn't imagining covering it up and here's what it looked like:

268031889_XBiZ4-S.jpg

Here we're applying some vasoline so that it looked shiney and new and not dull!
265816638_R8JyH-S.jpg

265919719_HpiSS-S.jpg

I say don't worry about it. I have a MIL who hates it, so it's fun to have in spite of her. AND my photographer actually asked if I was worried about angles and not showing it as much as possible, so that's an option too. I told him to go for it... I hadn't covered it up, so let people see it!

My mom was never against me getting a tatoo but balk when I came home with my one and only 2 months after my 18th birthday because it was on my upper arm.

Usually it's not a problem and I've worked for years at places dressed appropriately where people didn't even know I had it.

I might have thought about it for a split second, but I just couldn't imagining covering it up and here's what it looked like:

268031889_XBiZ4-S.jpg

Here we're applying some vasoline so that it looked shiney and new and not dull!
265816638_R8JyH-S.jpg

265919719_HpiSS-S.jpg

I say don't worry about it. I have a MIL who hates it, so it's fun to have in spite of her. AND my photographer actually asked if I was worried about angles and not showing it as much as possible, so that's an option too. I told him to go for it... I hadn't covered it up, so let people see it!

WOW! Your pics are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing :)

I have two, one on my tummy and a large one on my back. When I showed my mom the one on my back, honest to God the first thing she said was "you'll never be able to wear a wedding dress!" Funniest part was that I wasn't even dating anyone at the time!! I usually even forget it's there because it's on my back so I never see it ;)

My mom was really freaked out about it showing when we were wedding dress shopping. The dress I chose was a designer that made the dress when you ordered it so I had 3 extra inches of material added to the back. But the top of my tattoo still showed. I knew my MIL would hate it. Because my mom hated the idea of it showing so much and she passed just before our wedding, out of respect for her, I covered it up. If you don't want it to show, get Tattoo Cover-Up. That stuff works great! I got it at my bridal boutique and it really worked. Best of all, it didn't rub off on my dress.

ETA: my daddy thought I shouldn't have covered it up. He agreed it was a gorgeous design (I don't have any pix of it on this computer or I'd post one) and I should let it show - LOL!

ry%3D320

BTW, I love your tat - is that a hidden Mickey??

I have two, one on my tummy and a large one on my back. When I showed my mom the one on my back, honest to God the first thing she said was "you'll never be able to wear a wedding dress!" Funniest part was that I wasn't even dating anyone at the time!! I usually even forget it's there because it's on my back so I never see it ;)

My mom was really freaked out about it showing when we were wedding dress shopping. The dress I chose was a designer that made the dress when you ordered it so I had 3 extra inches of material added to the back. But the top of my tattoo still showed. I knew my MIL would hate it. Because my mom hated the idea of it showing so much and she passed just before our wedding, out of respect for her, I covered it up. If you don't want it to show, get Tattoo Cover-Up. That stuff works great! I got it at my bridal boutique and it really worked. Best of all, it didn't rub off on my dress.

ETA: my daddy thought I shouldn't have covered it up. He agreed it was a gorgeous design (I don't have any pix of it on this computer or I'd post one) and I should let it show - LOL!

ry%3D320

BTW, I love your tat - is that a hidden Mickey??

Thanks! It is a hidden Mickey and I love it and wouldn't mind it showing, but I am just not sure about adding anything else to my back.

The design I am going with is a bear paw in honor of my grandfather who recently passed...and I love the idea of his hand being on my shoulder.

Lol my mom wants me to put it on my stomach so if I get pregnant someday it will be like his hand protecting the baby...lol, mom's are so funny!

What are your tats of?

Mine's on my hip so it's hidden away, but I was saying to DF a while back that I'd like to incorporate a hidden mickey into it somehow but I don't know how.
It's a small strawberry, and there was no real reason behind it to be honest, think I was just at that age, which is probably why I now want to make it into something I love!
As I said, dunno how to amend it though, perhaps a strawberry with mickey ears :lmao:

Mine's on my hip so it's hidden away, but I was saying to DF a while back that I'd like to incorporate a hidden mickey into it somehow but I don't know how.
It's a small strawberry, and there was no real reason behind it to be honest, think I was just at that age, which is probably why I now want to make it into something I love!
As I said, dunno how to amend it though, perhaps a strawberry with mickey ears :lmao:

Lol like this?
ry%3D320

I think it's cute!!

MainStMandy - it's very pretty! I love the hidden Mickey :goodvibes Something to remember your grandpa is a beautiful idea! I actually like your mom's idea of putting it on your tummy.

I wish I had pix of mine. They're both all black. My tummy has a broken chain. I came up with the design myself and had an artist friend draw it. I just loved the idea of "breaking free." I think I got it from a Metallica song :lmao: It's about 3 inches by 2 inches. I know when I've eaten too much or am bloated by how big it expands :eek: I thought about that one for years before I finally got it. When I showed my mom she literally cried. My daddy said "how many beers did it take for you to get that?" and I said "none" and he said "you did that stone cold sober? Good for you!" My daddy was so cool!

The one on my back is a bunch of spirals. It's probably 7 or 8 inches long and maybe 3 inches wide at it's widest part. It symbolizes maiden, mother, crone. I draw that one on the computer. It's just very, very pretty. I don't often wear clothes that it shows, but when I do, I get tons of compliments on it. My tattoo artist changed it a bit in the mock-up and I didn't like what he did. He said my design would hurt a lot where I wanted it and what he changed would hurt less, but we went back to my original design. We'll never know, but I think he was right - there's one spot on my spine that absolutely killed. To this day (5 years later) it still itches sometimes. That one has more meaning now than it did when I got it. I lost my mom 3 years ago and we recently found out that we cannot get pregnant and we are going to adopt. So, having something that means "mother" just means a lot more to me now.

DH saw the one on my back the night we met and he's fine with the tattoos I have (doesn't love the tummy one but is o.k. with it) but I can't get any more. Even though I already had the third design all drawn and ready to go when we were dating. We made a deal when we got engaged. He had a bad looking mole on his back and I begged him to get the doctor to look at it. He said they'll probably cut it out and he didn't want that so he'd only go if I promised to never get another tat. So I promised and they did cut out his mole and it left a huge scar. I don't mind that I won't get any more, he's completely worth it :lovestruc

I have 4 tattoos and depending on my dress/shoe choice a few of them could show.

3509api.jpg

on my neck

2j10gfd.jpg

On my right ankle.

I have one on my left foot (its an anchor) and then a small one on the side of my back but it would be covered lol.

So If I wear any type of strappy shoes/sandals or anything you get 2 tattoos right there if I wear a tea length dress. The one on my neck I feel is classy enough to have with a tattoo, (when I got it, the tattoo guy is a family friend of DBF and he asked "So is this the rock he's giving you?" cuz he paid for my tattoo and I paid for his haha) and I feel like it's not huge that you'd be like WHAT IS THAT!? haha I'll probably cover my ankle/foot tattoos if my dress is short and you can see them but not my neck one.

:)

MainStMandy - it's very pretty! I love the hidden Mickey :goodvibes Something to remember your grandpa is a beautiful idea! I actually like your mom's idea of putting it on your tummy.

I wish I had pix of mine. They're both all black. My tummy has a broken chain. I came up with the design myself and had an artist friend draw it. I just loved the idea of "breaking free." I think I got it from a Metallica song :lmao: It's about 3 inches by 2 inches. I know when I've eaten too much or am bloated by how big it expands :eek: I thought about that one for years before I finally got it. When I showed my mom she literally cried. My daddy said "how many beers did it take for you to get that?" and I said "none" and he said "you did that stone cold sober? Good for you!" My daddy was so cool!

The one on my back is a bunch of spirals. It's probably 7 or 8 inches long and maybe 3 inches wide at it's widest part. It symbolizes maiden, mother, crone. I draw that one on the computer. It's just very, very pretty. I don't often wear clothes that it shows, but when I do, I get tons of compliments on it. My tattoo artist changed it a bit in the mock-up and I didn't like what he did. He said my design would hurt a lot where I wanted it and what he changed would hurt less, but we went back to my original design. We'll never know, but I think he was right - there's one spot on my spine that absolutely killed. To this day (5 years later) it still itches sometimes. That one has more meaning now than it did when I got it. I lost my mom 3 years ago and we recently found out that we cannot get pregnant and we are going to adopt. So, having something that means "mother" just means a lot more to me now.

DH saw the one on my back the night we met and he's fine with the tattoos I have (doesn't love the tummy one but is o.k. with it) but I can't get any more. Even though I already had the third design all drawn and ready to go when we were dating. We made a deal when we got engaged. He had a bad looking mole on his back and I begged him to get the doctor to look at it. He said they'll probably cut it out and he didn't want that so he'd only go if I promised to never get another tat. So I promised and they did cut out his mole and it left a huge scar. I don't mind that I won't get any more, he's completely worth it :lovestruc

Wow, what a great story! I am sorry to hear about your news regarding having a baby, but adoption is great. My mother is adopted while she is very pro me having my own child, would support adoption in a heartbeat.
I would love to see pics of your tats if you ever get them online.

I am very hesitant to do one on my stomach because I am afraid it won't "bounce" back if I ever did have a baby (that is still up for debate, lol). I only have 2 days to decide...

I have 4 tattoos and depending on my dress/shoe choice a few of them could show.

3509api.jpg

on my neck

2j10gfd.jpg

On my right ankle.

I have one on my left foot (its an anchor) and then a small one on the side of my back but it would be covered lol.

So If I wear any type of strappy shoes/sandals or anything you get 2 tattoos right there if I wear a tea length dress. The one on my neck I feel is classy enough to have with a tattoo, (when I got it, the tattoo guy is a family friend of DBF and he asked "So is this the rock he's giving you?" cuz he paid for my tattoo and I paid for his haha) and I feel like it's not huge that you'd be like WHAT IS THAT!? haha I'll probably cover my ankle/foot tattoos if my dress is short and you can see them but not my neck one.

Ohh I love the one on the back of your neck Meg!! If my hair was longer I would probably put one there as well!!

I can't see this til I get home, my work PC is pants, so I'm in suspense now!!

Ooops, thread title has been amended to say VISIBLE tattoos, I'd better clear off :rolleyes1

Lol no stick around :) You'll laugh when you see the pic I posted.

i didnt have one when i got married, but i had one for our 10yr anniversary in wdw & you can see it, but some people think its a birth mark(its on my ankle)

i think you should be fine & i love all the tats ladies!!!

Picture329.jpg

on my neck

2j10gfd.jpg

OMG! I was reading really fast and thought your CROWN necklace was a big, black TAT! I thought to myself - now that one is really going to show! :rotfl: Too funny!

I too love the one on your neck... I'll have to consider it! I have one on my ankle - but I've had stuff added to it twice - so it's like 3 - but only 1!

OMG! I was reading really fast and thought your CROWN necklace was a big, black TAT! I thought to myself - now that one is really going to show! :rotfl: Too funny!

I too love the one on your neck... I'll have to consider it! I have one on my ankle - but I've had stuff added to it twice - so it's like 3 - but only 1!

hahahah everyone who sees that picture thinks that crown is a tattoo but its just a necklace:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter