Bridging Parksavers tickets to AP - is this correct?

10 minutes later she was done, the price was exactly what I had calculated, and the certs were showing in MDE assigned correctly.
Great news!
Out of curiosity, what is the expiration date of the AP certificates in MDE?

Out of curiosity, what is the expiration date of the AP certificates in MDE?

New, unused AP certificates ("vouchers,") like new Magic Your Way tickets, do not just expire.

If a WDW ticket (or AP voucher) DOES have an expiration date, that ticket (or AP voucher) does not simply "lose all value" on that date.

Past the end date, that ticket or voucher can be traded-in toward buying a new ticket (or AP) for the amount of money that the holder originally paid.

New, unused AP certificates ("vouchers,") like new Magic Your Way tickets, do not just expire.

If a WDW ticket (or AP voucher) DOES have an expiration date, that ticket (or AP voucher) does not simply "lose all value" on that date.

Past the end date, that ticket or voucher can be traded-in toward buying a new ticket (or AP) for the amount of money that the holder originally paid.
I know. I just wanted to know what the expiration date was in MDE.
The reason I asked was because, I upgraded unused MYW tickets to new DVC AP certificates at WDW during the first week on July, 2016. The expiration date of those certificates in MDE is the first week of January, 2018 (18 months). I realize they do not become worthless in January 2018. Just wondering if Rash's expiration date is 12/31/30 or just 18 months from now.

Last edited:
Ok, at the world now. Went to MK Guest Relations to attempt the upgrade (was gonna do it at IG but we got to MK early and there was no line at Guest Relations, so...). Told the CM that I wanted to upgrade my current unused 7 day PH tickets to DVC Platinum AP renewal vouchers. Then told her that, to complicate matters, we still have current DVC APs but we do not want renewal AP certificates, we want new ones. Also, the current PH tickets are assign to fake names on our MDE account so they don't get used by mistake before we upgrade, so the AP carts will need to be reassigned to us. Was expecting her to look at me like I was speaking Martian. Instead she said "okay", asked for our ID,DVC cards, and Magic Bands, and started doing her thing. I then asked "Just to be sure, I will pay the difference between th current gate price of the PH and the price of the AP, correct?" She said yep. 10 minutes later she was done, the price was exactly what I had calculated, and the certs were showing in MDE assigned correctly. I thanked her for being so helpful and knowledgable - unfortunately I forget her name (think it was Tia) but remember she was from Nashville, TN.

So thanks to all here for the advice in getting this done. Hope this officially answers some questions regarding price bridging, upgrading to APs, etc.
Yay! Love hearing a success story, especially a non-traditional bridging. There are sure some awesome CM working, that's for sure.

I know. I just wanted to know what the expiration date was in MDE.
The reason I asked was because, I upgraded unused MYW tickets to new DVC AP certificates at WDW during the first week on July, 2016. The expiration date of those certificates in MDE is the first week of January, 2018 (18 months). I realize they do not become worthless in January 2018. Just wondering if Rash's expiration date is 12/31/30 or just 18 months from now.
I thought AP vouchers all showed an expiration date of about 18 months?
Linked tickets are often many years out, like the 2030 date you mention, but not AP certs.
At least that's how I understood it

I thought AP vouchers all showed an expiration date of about 18 months?
Linked tickets are often many years out, like the 2030 date you mention, but not AP certs.
At least that's how I understood it
No, I have 8 DVC AP certificates in MDE. The ones I bought directly from WDW have an expiration date of 12/31/30.
The 2 I upgraded to at WDW say they expire 18 months from upgrade date in MDE.
I was just wondering. It's no problem for me, as I will just use those 2 in 2017.

From memory the expiration date was Jan 2018. I'll check later and post if different but it was definitely early 2018.

Last edited:

From memory the expiration date was Jan 2018. I'll check later and post if different but it was definitely early 2018.
Thanks for answering. That sounds like 18 months from when you bought the MYW tickets?

Thanks for answering. That sounds like 18 months from when you bought the MYW tickets?
Yes, bought them early this month.

ETA: just checked - expiration is Jan 30, 2018

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right forum, how could you avoid the 20 parking charge before first use, ie AP includes free parking, so we would like to bridge this to ap, but switch right away to avoid parking charges. Hopefully this makes sense. Same question i guess applies to memory maker. Or can you buy this, then upgrade to annual pass before going to the park?

Not sure if this is the right forum, how could you avoid the 20 parking charge before first use, ie AP includes free parking, so we would like to bridge this to ap, but switch right away to avoid parking charges. Hopefully this makes sense. Same question i guess applies to memory maker. Or can you buy this, then upgrade to annual pass before going to the park?
For the parking fee you keep your receipt and when you upgrade they will refund you the parking charge. As for memory maker, don't buy it if you intend to upgrade and if you already have bought it call and you should be able to get a refund.

For the parking fee you keep your receipt and when you upgrade they will refund you the parking charge. As for memory maker, don't buy it if you intend to upgrade and if you already have bought it call and you should be able to get a refund.

"Thank you" I started looking into where I could upgrade it, perhaps Disney Springs before? but was in that grey area of do i have to use it first. But this is helpful thanks ! I haven't bought memory maker yet, i guess my question was/is, if i switch to AP on first visit, the memory maker will start right away as well?

"Thank you" I started looking into where I could upgrade it, perhaps Disney Springs before? but was in that grey area of do i have to use it first. But this is helpful thanks ! I haven't bought memory maker yet, i guess my question was/is, if i switch to AP on first visit, the memory maker will start right away as well?
You can upgrade at Disney springs, no need to use the tickets before upgrading them.

Yes you will have all of your pictures right away with the AP

Sorry to bring back an "old" thread but I didn't want to start a whole new one on this topic. I read through all the posts and couldn't find my answer so sorry if I somehow missed it. Can you bridge tickets over the phone? I know the old thought of having to use at least one day on the ticket before bridging was debunked so just curious if that means you can bridge over the phone now. Thanks!

Sorry to bring this thread back again, but I read through the thread and didn't see an answer to my question.
I purchased 2 Parksavers MYW 4+3 Parkhopper tickets back in August. One for me and one for my boyfriend. Received them quickly, everything went smoothly and they are attached to our MDE accounts for our trip Jan 16-23.
I recently found out that I will be going back to WDW in May, for 4 days.
I did the math and it seems that I will save just under $100 by just upgrading to a Platinum AP when we arrive on January 16 rather than just purchasing another 4 days (for May) direct from Disney. Plus, I will most likely use the AP one more time before expiration.
My question is, am I able to book AP room discounts for my trip in May beginning on the day that I upgrade? I looked up the historical WDW discount release dates and last year (2016), the AP room only rates for the spring came out on 1/19, which will be during my January trip (I know the day most likely will not be exactly the same). And, I will only be upgrading my ticket to AP, not my boyfriends. He wont be traveling with me in May, but if we go back in the fall and I book a room with an AP discount it wont cause a problem for him, right?
Thanks in advance!

Sorry to bring this thread back again, but I read through the thread and didn't see an answer to my question.
I purchased 2 Parksavers MYW 4+3 Parkhopper tickets back in August. One for me and one for my boyfriend. Received them quickly, everything went smoothly and they are attached to our MDE accounts for our trip Jan 16-23.
I recently found out that I will be going back to WDW in May, for 4 days.
I did the math and it seems that I will save just under $100 by just upgrading to a Platinum AP when we arrive on January 16 rather than just purchasing another 4 days (for May) direct from Disney. Plus, I will most likely use the AP one more time before expiration.
My question is,

1. am I able to book AP room discounts for my trip in May beginning on the day that I upgrade? I looked up the historical WDW discount release dates and last year (2016), the AP room only rates for the spring came out on 1/19, which will be during my January trip (I know the day most likely will not be exactly the same). And, I will only be upgrading my ticket to AP, not my boyfriends. He wont be traveling with me in May, but
2. if we go back in the fall and I book a room with an AP discount it wont cause a problem for him, right?

1. You can BOOK any AP room discounts (if available) even if you don't have an AP at the time of the booking.
An active AP is not required to book an AP room in advance.
2. Right. Only one person needs an AP.

You can BOOK any AP room discounts even if you don't have an AP at the time off the booking.
Really?? Do you have to do it over the phone? I just tried to do it on the website and it just redirects me to the AP purchase page

Sorry to bring back an "old" thread but I didn't want to start a whole new one on this topic.
BTW, you SHOULD start a new thread if you have a new question.
That way, we can see the subject of your question when you create a specific new title.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter