Brief construction/Blue Bayou no-res update and cool anecdote + park pics!

Glad you had that cool experience. I'm disappointed to see that it's a boring looking button with a plain electrical cord, placed on top of a trash can.
A few people have said that. I think it's like that because it isn't intended for guests to use or see, typically :-). Also, it's semi-mobile. It doesn't have to sit on the garbage can. It can be moved slightly.

So did you still start your day with PP, and was the wait very long since I'm assuming it was impossible for you to be at the rope drop?
I did! But, no, I wasn't right at the rope when the park opened. But I still managed to be in about the first 50 or so. It was well worth the sacrifice.

Last edited:
Rob that is soooo awesome to hear that "YOU" got to experience pushing the button and starting the park ! I'm so glad you got to have a Magical start to your day. Love all your pictures and updates.
Thank you! Yes, it was very magical :-).

I'll be taking my Granddaughters mid Dec on a Contest Win ...... Hope to see you !!! Love reading your posts.
I'm nearly always at the rope on Sunday mornings. However, I leave for Chicago on Dec 17, so hope to see you before then :-). When do you plan to come?

Thank you! Yes, it was very magical :-).

I'm nearly always at the rope on Sunday mornings. However, I leave for Chicago on Dec 17, so hope to see you before then :-). When do you plan to come?
We’ll be there Dec 12th -15th !
Wishing you a fabulous time in Chicago !!!

It was a pleasure! You're all such good people. I was thinking of making this same thing a surprise for Lily and Claire on your next visit. In fact, we still could, if you like, although I can only do my best. That is, no guarantees :-).
They would drop dead in happy shock at this Rob!! You are so kind to think of them, and I hope it works out! Either way, as Claire says, “Mom, it is all good because we are at Disneyland!”

We’ll be there Dec 12th -15th !
Wishing you a fabulous time in Chicago !!!
Cool. I’ll be there the morning of the 15th. Look for me at the rope to the right of the castle (as you look at it); just outside the hub near the Tomorrowland entrance, if you’d like to say hello.

Now -- my big news! I'd been told recently that there's a single button that is pressed minutes before opening that starts the entire park. On occasions, guests are allowed to push it. This was something I had to do!

That is so cool! It is so fun to find something new at the park.

Thanks for your great posts! Your info and pictures are helpful. I love learning all the extra and current things.

Woohoo! What a great thing to cross off a bucket list! I have to admit, I did have a completely different image or two of the button you pushed. The one you pushed looks like something you would find in a warehouse to open dock doors. I thought the button would either be: Mickey head shaped, hanging on the wall in a locked glass cabinet or a hidden statue that you pressed his Mickey head shaped belly button.

Woohoo! What a great thing to cross off a bucket list! I have to admit, I did have a completely different image or two of the button you pushed. The one you pushed looks like something you would find in a warehouse to open dock doors. I thought the button would either be: Mickey head shaped, hanging on the wall in a locked glass cabinet or a hidden statue that you pressed his Mickey head shaped belly button.
I kind of did too :-). But again, I don't think it's meant for guests to see. Or at least not regularly. That made it feel even more authentic to me :-).

Mahalo Rob for all the great updates, will be there two weeks from today so excited.
You’re welcome. I’ll be there tomorrow and am getting maps for other people. Would you like a set? If so, send me a direct message and I’ll add you to the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter