Brief Dining Reviews 12/17-21

JJClemson

DIS Veteran
DF and I just returned today from our quick, wedding planning trip to WDW. We stayed at Pop, but did not spend much time there. Here are our thoughts:

Everything Pop Food Court- Pop Century- Sunday 12/17- lunch
I arrived at the hotel a few hours before DF so I got lunch alone. I went to the ethnic food section and got the chicken asiago sandwich. It's basically grilled chicken w/ hot spinach and artichoke dip on a hoagie. Very good and different but very filling. I could not even eat half.

Big River Grille and Brew Works- Boardwalk- Sunday 12/17- dinner
We had eaten before last year when we stayed at BC. It's just OK but DF likes the beer sampler. We both had caesar salads and they were fine. The best part is that you cannot make ADRs for this restaurant and there was no wait.

Ghirardelli's- Downtown Disney- Sunday 12/17- dessert
So yummy! Definitely a must-do! We had the cookie sundae w/ espresso chip ice cream. Delicious! The cookie was warm and gooey! Definitely enough to split between 2 people.

Cantina de San Angel- Mexico Epcot- Monday 12/18- lunch
Nothing special. I only ate the kids meal. I requested salsa w/ my chips instead of cheese and I was told "no". I don't think I'd eat here again.

O'hana- Poly- Monday 12/18- dinner
My favorite WDW restaurant! So delicious! We are even having our rehearsal dinner here. I forgot how yummy the turkey is! The wontons, salad, shrimp, wings, and banana pudding is also the best around! Great atmosphere too.

Chef Mickey's- Contemporary- Tuesday 12/19- breakfast
I was actually a little disappointed. I think there are more choices at Crystal Palace. Also, the characters do not spend as much time w/ you as they do at CP or Cape May Cafe. That is OK when it's just DF and I b/c we are adults, but the children and their parents at the table next to us were upset as well. The sausage and bacon were cold too. I'll definitely give Chef Mickey's another try b/c it comes so highly recommended though.

Captain Cook's- Poly- Tuesday 12/18- lunch
What a nice CS restaurant! DF and I were walking to the TTC after our meeting w/ the wedding planner at the wedding pavillion. We stopped here for a late lunch because we were hungry. You order your meal on a computer screen and can even modify the dish. I had the turkey club and DF had the grown up grilled cheese. Both very good! And, you get a mix of chips including the wontons from 'Ohana. Make sure to pick up sweet and sour sauce to dip them in. Very yummy!

Rose and Crown- UK Epcot- Tuesday 12/19- dinner
What an unexpected treat! I only made this ADR b/c I wanted to eat while watching Illumninations but we really enjoyed our food and had a great server. I had the chicken pasty and really enjoyed it and DF had the fish and chips and loved it. I would definitely go to Rose and Crown again. The atmosphere was nice too. If you go, request Alex as your server, he was such a sweetie!

Sci-Fi- MGM- Wednesday 12/20- Lunch
This was OK. DF got a cookies and cream milkshake that he loved. I ate the turkey sandwich and he had the reuben. The service was a little slow, but the atmosphere was pretty nice. I think now that we have eaten here, we probably won't again, b/c it was not great.

Artist Point- Wilderness Lodge- Wednesday 12/20- Dinner
Fantastic! Our favrotie "upscale" restaurant at WDW. We went all out for this meal. I had a captain's mai-tai and it was very yummy! DF had a martini w/ blue cheese stuffed olives that he really enjoyed! DF started w/ the mussles and loved them and I started w/ the frisee apples salad. So good, what a delicious, unique salad! I had the chicken and substituted the potatoes for mac and cheese. So good! My only complaint was that it did not come w/ any veggies. DF had the salmon and said it was the best salmon he has ever had and my DF is a good cook and knows his salmon! We finished w/ the berry cobbler and I had a mint-chocolate cappucino and he had a hot cocoa and southern comfort. All very delicious! It was a great dining experience and very romantic :love:

Everything Pop Food Court- Pop Century- Dec 18, 20, 21- breakfast
There were a lot of choices! However, DF and I are rather boring in the morning. I always had raisin bran, a banana, and coffee and he always had a croissant and coffee. They did have a nice selection though.

I'd be happy to answer any questions :)

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews, I enjoyed reading them. :stitch:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter