Brightline Train opening soon

Ticket sales will start in May! We are right by the Boca Raton station and I cannot wait to take the train to Orlando.

In the news today:

A long-awaited and long-anticipated Brightline ride to Orlando will cost between $79 and $199 on the 16 daily roundtrips the rail service plans.

Brightline officials have not said when those trips will begin, other than sometime this summer, but on Thursday the company said "ticket sales will launch in May for future dates."

Ticket sales will start in May! We are right by the Boca Raton station and I cannot wait to take the train to Orlando.

In the news today:

A long-awaited and long-anticipated Brightline ride to Orlando will cost between $79 and $199 on the 16 daily roundtrips the rail service plans.

Brightline officials have not said when those trips will begin, other than sometime this summer, but on Thursday the company said "ticket sales will launch in May for future dates."
This is great - I can't wait for it to go online.
I'll be using it quite a bit as I travel overseas often and Miami is a huge hub for international flights.
I'm fine with $199 for one person round trip to avoid the traffic hell that is Miami.
But I can't imagine a family of 4 spending $800 to go to Miami and back... I predict Brightline will have lots of solo travelers and maybe couples but very few families. They need to revise those prices if they want to attract more ppl.

I'm fine with $199 for one person round trip to avoid the traffic hell that is Miami.
One person round trip would start $158 ($79 x 2) for Smart Class or $298 ($149 x 2) for Premium Class.
But I can't imagine a family of 4 spending $800 to go to Miami and back... I predict Brightline will have lots of solo travelers and maybe couples but very few families. They need to revise those prices if they want to attract more ppl.
Per the brightline release, SMART fare bundles for families of four will be available for less than $199 one way.

I'm extremely excited...the only problem, it won't be ready for the EBTA which leaves on May 7th!! Bummer.

Acela DC to New York business class (also 4 hours like Orlando to Miami) seems to vary between $125 and $275 for what time you want to go. Sounds like their "smart class."

They're charging more than the Acela. That's nuts.

I just looked at Amtrak, round trip from Orlando to Miami leaving Monday coming back Friday is $78 (the schedule for my cruise on Magic in September). Unfortunately, the trip to Miami takes 5 hours 40 minutes and the return trip takes 7 hours 48 minutes. The trip to Miami would arrive too late to make a cruise so you'd have to go the day before and get a hotel for the night.

I'll take the Brightline pricing and 3 hours each way any day.

We're definitely excited and are planning on taking it after we disembark from the Wish later this year. We have family in the Fort Lauderdale area and I was told we'll even get a free shuttle to their house as they're within a certain radius of the station. Fort Lauderdale has some cruises we're very interested in and I'd love to combine one with a WDW trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter