Bring back Four 4 a Dollar???

GatorChris

Not of This World
Beauty and the Beast is back at DHS. About time! But...it's not the same. Not like it used to be. Not when Four 4 a Dollar ruled the pre-show. Sure, B&tB is great. But I always came early to see the "stage hands" start singing. I realize that Disney is hiking prices and giving us less guest experiences. But wouldn't it be nice, if just for this one time, if we could have some of our epic history back at DHS??? Time to bring back the boys! There's even a page to bring them back...

https://www.facebook.com/Bring-Four...70451560&notif_t=page_user_activity&ref=notif

We enjoyed Four 4 A Dollar but I don't expect them back. Beauty and the Beast is a favorite of our family, so I see it every few trips for nostalgia. Haven't been to Indiana Jones in 15 years at least. I am a fan of the Little Mermaid show. My kids liked the old Hunchback show in the late 90's.

(Everyone has the personal favorites, I don't enjoy Carousel of Progress but I never went to WDW as a kid and it has no memories for me. Oddly my 31 year old DD likes it!)

I bought two of their Return to Zero cd's in Disney Studios in one of the gift shops over the years (name cd and Christmas cd). Acapella singing is an interest of mine so while at Disney I always enjoyed catching them performing as Four 4 a Dollar inside the walls of Disney before the Beauty/Beast show.

They had a nice long run. I did see Doug Teel (the bigger guy in the photo above on the far left) a few times singing with the Dapper Dans in MK but that is at least 7 years ago.

Singing acapella is like performing a circus trapeze act without a net. No place to hide so it requires real skill. Would love to see more streetmosphere and live performers in all the parks again.

Bama Ed

PS - and I have a grainy video file of their opening act at B/B where they come out to test the mic's from their old website. It's 6 minutes and contains highlights of that B&B performance. It's still a humorous gag!

Last edited:

Google says they've been gone for 13 years. I wouldn't hold my breath.
I was wondering. We have been going for many years and never saw them and had no idea who they were.
Guess this explains alot.
If they have been gone for 13 years, I don't think you'll see them back. There are many other acts I would prefer to see return before them.

Would love to see Indiana Jones pulled too

YES!!!! There is some prime real estate over in that area that could be reimagined to something with a villain angle or Marvel (that doesn't conflict with US in Orlando). A water ride (flume) of some sort could be a fun addition.

Be careful what you wish for. Disney removing something does not mean they'll replace it any time soon.

Be careful what you wish for. Disney removing something does not mean they'll replace it any time soon.

True, but I am not sure we will see the Indy show return. At least, I have not read anything that indicates it might happen.

We really enjoyed their performances. I think I still have a few of their CDs somewhere in the house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter