• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring Back the TTA Soundtrack!

I see another "Journey Into Imagination"/"Journey Into Your Imagination"/"Journey Into Imagination with Figment" experience in our future. Angered by the elimination of Mr. Tom Morrow from "Tomorrowland Transit Authority," thousands will protest in person or by hand-written letter. Realizing the error of their ways, the Disney imagineers will quickly re-renovate the ride, opening it as "Tomorrowland Transit Authority with Mr. Tom Morrow," in which Mr. Tom Morrow appears on a t.v. screen and narrates the entire ride:

I'm Mr. Morrow... There are the Astro Orbiters! ... Mr. Tom Morrow, get it? ... You can ride Space Mountain! ... Did I mention I am Mr. Tom Morrow? ... Then you can shop in Mickey's Star Traders! ... You there, please keep your tentacles inside the vehicle... Defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg at Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin! ... Thank you for joining me today at the Tommorowland Transit Authority... Don't forget to ride the that awful ride with Stitch! Oops! Did I saw the awful part out loud? ... Anyway, this has been Mr. Tom Morrow for the Tommorowland Transit Authority. Please enjoy the rest of your day at the Magic Kingdom.

Realizing the error of their ways, the Disney imagineers will quickly re-renovate the ride, opening it as "Tomorrowland Transit Authority with Mr. Tom Morrow," in which Mr. Tom Morrow appears on a t.v. screen and narrates the entire ride:

I'm Mr. Morrow... There are the Astro Orbiters! ... Mr. Tom Morrow, get it? ... You can ride Space Mountain! ... Did I mention I am Mr. Tom Morrow? ... Then you can shop in Mickey's Star Traders! ... You there, please keep your tentacles inside the vehicle... Defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg at Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin! ... Thank you for joining me today at the Tommorowland Transit Authority... Don't forget to ride the that awful ride with Stitch! Oops! Did I saw the awful part out loud? ... Anyway, this has been Mr. Tom Morrow for the Tommorowland Transit Authority. Please enjoy the rest of your day at the Magic Kingdom.

I would totally ride that. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

I see another "Journey Into Imagination"/"Journey Into Your Imagination"/"Journey Into Imagination with Figment" experience in our future. Angered by the elimination of Mr. Tom Morrow from "Tomorrowland Transit Authority," thousands will protest in person or by hand-written letter. Realizing the error of their ways, the Disney imagineers will quickly re-renovate the ride, opening it as "Tomorrowland Transit Authority with Mr. Tom Morrow," in which Mr. Tom Morrow appears on a t.v. screen and narrates the entire ride:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I would do anything to have the old narration back!!! I loved TTA just the way it was. The way it is SUPPOSED TO BE.:sad1:

O.M.G. :scared1:
I just listened to the new TTA narration on You tube and I felt instantly sick to my stomach! :sick:

Seriously, what WERE they thinking???

The old TTA narration was my favorite of all time. It was funny and original & just wonderful! I just cannot believe that it was replaced with garbage.

Words cannot express how sad I feel that it has been changed. I honestly doubt I'm going to ride it when we are there in December. :sad1:
I don't think I can ride it with the new narration!!

Well, I'm off to write Disney a complaint letter about this.......

I tried to keep an open mind... My dd (14) and I went yesterday to have a magical day at the MK. I hadn't told her about the new voice for the ride. She knew they made some changes since it had been closed down.

When she heard it called the people mover ... her eye extremely wide open. Then she heard the people watcher comment and she said "really?". Her eyes started welling up and she said "How can Disney take something so magical and replace it with a voice that isn't robotic or futuristic at all? I was hopeful that I wouldn't hate but WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING? The voice just doesn't do anything for the ride.

Interesting note... My daughter said "Are they trying to fit WALLE into the ride somehow? I asked her what she meant... She said the all the "people movers in the movie". Hmmm... wonder if we'll see WALLE soon.

Can someone please let me know where the online petition is or who we write about this?

I don't know if I'll be able to ride it either...

To anyone who knows the person in charge of making this decision...fix it ASAP

http://www.petitiononline.com/25311645/petition.html

This is the petition I signed. There is a thread associated with this petition on the Theme Parks Community Boards.

I hope many more people sign this petition and contact Disney about this issue. I have already emailed them numerous times regarding this unfortunate change. It is a real shame that the TTA was changed. :sad2:

I just signed as well. I do hope Disney listens to us. If they really want a new recording, with a new voice, well fine, but don't remove the old narration completely, it was too good, and too much a part of what Disney is all about.

I tried to keep an open mind... My dd (14) and I went yesterday to have a magical day at the MK. I hadn't told her about the new voice for the ride. She knew they made some changes since it had been closed down.

When she heard it called the people mover ... her eye extremely wide open. Then she heard the people watcher comment and she said "really?". Her eyes started welling up and she said "How can Disney take something so magical and replace it with a voice that isn't robotic or futuristic at all? I was hopeful that I wouldn't hate but WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING? The voice just doesn't do anything for the ride.

Interesting note... My daughter said "Are they trying to fit WALLE into the ride somehow? I asked her what she meant... She said the all the "people movers in the movie". Hmmm... wonder if we'll see WALLE soon.

Can someone please let me know where the online petition is or who we write about this?

The Peoplemover part does not bother me. Originally, it was called the WEDway Peoplemover. I remember that well from when I was a child. In fact, my sister and I still call it the Peoplemover. But my kids don't know it was that, so to them, I say TTA.

But I'm not happy with the rest of it. I don't mind their re-recording it to include all of the rides. But I didn't think they needed to take out the quirky, fun bits. It's very bland and stale now.

I spoke to a CM as I exited the TTA last night and he said something akin to "change is good" and "this is more like the old narration" and "the one replaced didn't fit in with the theme of Tomorrowland" and other, I'm sure, rehearsed phrases.

Mr. Tom Morrow is not coming back.

*sigh*

We just returned from our trip to WDW yesterday. the TTA (or WedWay People Mover... as it always will be to me...) is our Granddaughter's favorite ride in TomorrowLand. Well, we went on the ride last week at the Halloween Party and we were'nt even half way through the ride when our Granddaughter said "why is the ride Broke?" I said it isn't broke. but she said they took away the talking.By the time it was over she said it was "LAME"...
Sad that they took away a classic that many of us love... Please Bring Back the Original Soundtrack PLEASE?????????????????

I just watched a video taken from the TTA in October 2009, and URGH!
I don't like the new voice :(

Someone should start a petition to ask Disney to return to the other soundtrack!

I don't have the time to read through all 6 pages right now but I just finished signing a petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SAVETHETTA/ to save the TTA!

Not sure it's been posted here yet or not but the more votes, the merrier! Once you input your name & email in the first section, you can sign in using Twitter if you have an account set up there.

Let's get Tom Morrow back!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter