Bring your own refillable water bottles?

If you don't like the taste from the water that is filtered through the soda machines at all quick services you can also go to Starbucks, they run the water through 3 filters and they will also give you free ice water. You could just drink it from there and put it inside the filtered bottle. We don't bring any bottles cause we are used to the taste (we live here in Orlando) but whenever we can we get water from Starbucks

Anytime we have been to Starbucks the line has been out the door. Do you have to wait in line for fifteen minutes to get your water?

We have traditionally brought our own water. We have a flask type thing we bought at Wal-Mart. Probably holds about 2/3 of a gallon. It's thick plastic with an insulated jacket around it and a shoulder strap. We bring a "gear stroller" into the park with us, so we don't worry about carrying it or if it sweats. The night before, I fill it about 1/5 of the way and put it in the freezer. The next morning, I fill it with water in our condo and we have fresh cold water all day. However, we're starting to find the free water any of the counter service places will give you very convenient. It's fresh, ice cold water whenever we want it. In fact, the last few days of our most recent trip, we didn't even bring the flask. I personally don't have a problem with the way the water tastes, I guess I'm not overly picky about that kind of stuff. Besides, when it's that hot (we were there in late June) and you're sweating that much, ANY ice cold water tastes good. We drink all the water, and usually wind up eating all the ice too.

We take our Brita bottles. The backpack we use has drink holders on each side so we take two coozies, medium sized ones from Dunkin Donuts, and put one on each side in the drink slot then slide our Brita bottles in and out as needed. We do get free counter service water during the day and fill up the bottles as needed. We have gone in July the last two years and I am just not comfortable unless we have water with us at all times. When the bottle starts to get empty I get a little panicky and find a place to refill.

I purchased some Bobble water bottles, that have a strap on them to hang off our back pack. I haven't tried them out yet, so don't know if they sweat, but they do filter, and come in cute colors.

Anytime we have been to Starbucks the line has been out the door. Do you have to wait in line for fifteen minutes to get your water?

That's been our experience with QS restaurants, except for one. And, that was going to eat after the lunch rush. That's why we carry our water with us, and refill at the water fountains.

Counter service wont' actually fill your bottles for you. They won't take them back into the service area. They'll give you a cup and you can pour the cup into your bottle.

The ones with self service you can fill a water bottle from yourself.

And yes I have walked past lines and asked for a cup of water.

At some of the QS where they have a CM directing you into the ordering lines, if you tell them you want a cup of water they'll get it for you sometimes, or direct you to the side while the water is poured. So I haven't always had to wait in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter