• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing Alcohol on board

Maesa

Mouseketeer
Hi - We are leaving tomorrow for our cruise. How do you pack the wine? It says carry on. But does that mean you bring it with you when you board or can it go in your actually carry on that you check with the rest of your luggage's when arriving at Disney Port?

I know we carry our back pack when we board with our swimsuits and stuff we'll be using before going to our room. But I don't get what carry on to pack it in?

Hopefully that makes sense....

And 2 bottles of wine per adult?

Thank you

I just bought an insulated 2 bottle carrier with a shoulder strap that I’ll use to bring my wine onboard in just 13 days!

You need to actually carry it on with you because of breakage concerns. The luggage is not handled gently and your things as well as others' can be ruined by a broken bottle.

It is a challenge to bring Wine on a cruise, especially if you fly, what we did last year for our WBPC trip, was buy a some bottle protectors called VinoLock (available on Amazon), they're bubble wrap sealed bottle shaped holder with a double ziplock style seal and a fold over Velcro closure that really protects from leakage (although we had none at all), however you can't carry them on planes so you have to pack them into your checked luggage. Once you get to the cruise departure city you have to remove them from your luggage and place them in your carry on bag(s) to bring them on the ship. We had a backpack and a small roller bag so the wine went in the roller bag so we didn't have to lug it around. Flying in the day before your cruise helps in "reorganizing" your luggage and carry on bags before you board the ship, flying in the same day can be a little more complicated as well as rushed. And you are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per adult when boarding. NO liquor is allowed, if you purchase any alcohol such a Rum or Tequila at a port stop it will be held by DCL when you board the ship until you reach your disembarkation port at the end of your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter