Bringing Bottle Water?...Drinking Fountains @ DL

GregMM

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if they allow you to bring in bottle water to Disneyland?
and if there are drinking fountains @ Disneyland? and where would the drinking fountains
be located at?
Thanks for any help

Yes, they do allow you to bring in bottled water. There are many drinking fountains throughout the park that you'll be able to find on the park map. There's a nice, and cool, bottle refiller at tomorrowland terrace. If you are facing the food concessions, it's to the far left. Have fun!

Officially, you cannot bring food or drink, but unofficially, they don't really stop you unless you have a glass bottle (no glass allowed). There are drinking fountains. Off the top of my head, I know at DCA there's one as you're headed over the bridge to Paradise Pier across from Ariel's Grotto. At DL, there's one behind Alice in Wonderland next to the bathrooms across from Matterhorn. I'm sure there are plenty others, too. Also, the water spigots at some of the CS restaurants are filtered water (Rancho Del Zocalo and Tomorrowland Terrace both have them last I checked).

I've never had them say anything to me when I've brought a plastic bottle into the park. ANd I never try to hide it. It's right there in the side of my backpack in plain sight. I usually refill it at drinking fountains throughout the day. There's another bottle refiller in the Mexican restaurant next do Big Thunder Mountain.

Yes you can bring, Yes they have drinking fountains. But you can also get ICED water from any counter service restaurants. The best way to drink Anaheim water is ICE cold.

I usually carry a water bottle that I fill several times a day.

I've found the drinking fountain inside Star Tours to have better tasting water than most. But I am a big fan of the free ice water from the CS places.

The food policy is there to stop people bringing in alcohol, glass, or anything else that cast members can see may be problematic. They never stopped us bringing food in, not even styrofoam containers of Chinese or Subway. The policy is simply there so if there IS something they want to say no to, they CAN. The policy is generally extremely lax in execution.

You can always bring in water bottles, and you definitely should! Freeze them the night before to keep them cool all day. Aside from that, my preferred beverage consumption method within the parks is to bring in a wide-mouthed reusable water bottle and ask for cups of ice water at counter service, and then if I want to go on a ride I'll just dump the beverage into the bottle.

Anaheim water is DISGUSTING unless it's ice cold. If you find the taste of the water gross but find carrying around bottled water is too heavy all day, bring Crystal Light or other water enhancers (next time we go we'll be making very concentrated iced tea and bringing it in a small bottle).

There are drinking fountains all over the parks, you're likely to find them near washrooms. Cast members can always point you in the direction of one.

We don't like the taste of the water, so we bring Camalbak filtered water bottles. We can fill up and have water handy to drink in line.

We use our Camelbak filter water bottles also. The water in DL is not good, but OK compared with the cost of bottled water in the park.

Bring a brita filter water bottle. Ask for ice at a CS restaurant and fill it up at a water fountain. Now you have ice cold filtered water!

The water from the soda fountain machines, like at Plaza Inn, is already filtered. The free ice water at CS places is also filtered. So even if you don't have a Brita water bottle, you should still be fine. But bringing flavor packets can't hurt either!

Good to know that the water in the fountain machines is filtered. To me, the LA water smells like sewer water and it makes me sick every time I drink it.

Good to know that the water in the fountain machines is filtered. To me, the LA water smells like sewer water and it makes me sick every time I drink it.

There are "filtered" fountains around DL (Rancho del Zocalo and between the Mint Julep bar and French Market if I remember correctly) where you can fill up water bottles but to me they taste almost as gross as the regular water. The water from the fountain machines is good though.

The water from the soda fountain machines, like at Plaza Inn, is already filtered. The free ice water at CS places is also filtered. So even if you don't have a Brita water bottle, you should still be fine. But bringing flavor packets can't hurt either!

I found the soda fountain water to be gross. I don't live in the US so maybe there's a difference, but the treated tap water at home tastes much better than the 'filtered' soda fountain water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter