bringing bottled water/ snacks into parks

gfolchick

DIS Veteran
With all of the heightened security and checking all bags,are they saying anything about bringing snacks/drinks into the park? I use the insulated diaper bag I got from the hospital which keeps the stuff cool (but doesn't look like a cooler), but I don't want to be hassled at the gate. Of course I can always use the excuse that my child has food allergies, but I just want to know ahead of time if I should expect to be questioned.

No, security is looking for things that threaten security, nothing else. And water is always allowed, as per the official Disney policy. I usually carry in a bottle of water in my hand and no one says anything, even though it's not Zephyrhills. (I can't stand Zephyrhills water, so I take my own.)

We just got back tonite, they were searching all the bags, but only for security problems it seems. People in front of us had food, and we had a cooler backpack filled with coke, not a problem at all.

They figure if you are in there you will eventually want to buy something. That Disney sweatshirt came in handy for me last winter. IT WAS FREEZING! :)
~Steve

I had a ton of stuff in the "diaper" bag...our son was 4 and so we kept wipes...(ALWAYS have wipes) drinks, and munchies...Juice bags are wonderful for kids...just enough, not huge and not a lot of waste...

I never had a problem... :) Have fun!

We were in Disneyland in August, and since we don't have Krispy Kremes in Massachusetts yet and we were meeting other family members from Mass, we were able to bring in a box of a dozen donuts! (Of course we had to tell the person at the gate that they were snacks for just us!!!) He did let us in with the donuts though!!

Not a problem. With a 9 mo. old DS and a stroller they probably thought we were moving into the Castle we had so much "luggage." But they were very very nice about it, almost apologetic actually. No comments at all about our snacks and drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter