• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing Drinks On Board

becca-becca

DIS Veteran
Can someone point me in the direction of what you are allowed to bring on the ship as far as drinks go (if you still are) and what they have to be carried in?

I cannot seem to find it when I have searched.

Thank you!

I called DCL and asked -on speaker, so that my parents could hear. The agent was so kind to answer all of my (and their) questions.

You can try that, too. ;)

Two bottles of wine or six beers. It's not like the glory days. By glory days I mean less than two years ago. Definitely going to miss fixing myself a drink as I unwind in the room.

I can't drink wine made from grapes. Does DCL consider Sake as wine? Anyone have experience taking bottle of sake onboard?

I just bring a six pack aboard in a small backpack. In Copenhagen I found relatively cheap canned beers at the Carlsberg Brewery.

So just to clarify, the two bottles or six cans is per person, correct,not per stateroom? So if there are two adults in a room over 21, we should be able to bring in either four bottles of wine or 12 beers?

So just to clarify, the two bottles or six cans is per person, correct,not per stateroom? So if there are two adults in a room over 21, we should be able to bring in either four bottles of wine or 12 beers?
Correct. Each person aged 21 and older may bring onboard two bottles (750ml max each) of either wine or champagne OR 6 beers (12 oz max each).

And, this allotment may be brought onboard on embarkation day as well as from ports of call.

2 adults = 4 bottles of wine or 12 beers OR 2 bottles of wine and 6 beers.

Just to clarify:

1. Adults need to have their allotment in their own carry-on bags (e.g. 2 adults each need to have their allotment in their separate carry-ons)
2. As such, the allotment can be mixed-and-matched (e.g. Adult 1 can bring 2 bottles of wine, Adult 2 can bring 12 cans of beer, or both can bring the same thing)

Correct?

Just to clarify:

1. Adults need to have their allotment in their own carry-on bags (e.g. 2 adults each need to have their allotment in their separate carry-ons)
2. As such, the allotment can be mixed-and-matched (e.g. Adult 1 can bring 2 bottles of wine, Adult 2 can bring 12 cans of beer, or both can bring the same thing)

Correct?

We have never had a problem having it in all in ONE carry-on. As long as you go through security together it shouldn't be a problem. They may ask who's bag it is but I always say "ours" and never any problems.
Yes it can be mix and matched. Our last cruise we took 2 bottles of wine and 6 12oz beers as we had 2 adults.

We also brought one roll-on bag with 8 bottles of wine for two rooms/4 adults and security never said a word. Sometimes I wonder how strict they really are in checking as I could have had more bottles and security would have never questioned it.

Seems like it will not be a problem.

I don't drink at all & inquired about putting "my share of wine bottles" in my parents wine carry-on luggage. The DCL TA said that it would not be a problem.

My husband & parents will be enjoying some extra wine :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Just to clarify:

Correct?
No, Adult 1 can bring 2 bottles of wine, and Adult 2 can bring 6 cans of beer. Or Adult one can bring 4 bottles of wine, adult 2 - nothing. Or adult 1 can bring 12 beers, and adult 2 nothing.

The allowance is EITHER 2 bottles of wine OR 6 beers per person.

As long as both adults go through security at the same time, one person can carry both allotments.

No, Adult 1 can bring 2 bottles of wine, and Adult 2 can bring 6 cans of beer. Or Adult one can bring 4 bottles of wine, adult 2 - nothing. Or adult 1 can bring 12 beers, and adult 2 nothing.

The allowance is EITHER 2 bottles of wine OR 6 beers per person.

As long as both adults go through security at the same time, one person can carry both allotments.

So, the key thing to remember is that it is an allotment per adult per party? Similar to what is considered to be wine vs beer vs neither, is security consistent across all ships in allowing the allotment per party?

Questions about the alcohol you can bring on board:
1) Are there wine glasses and/or bottle openers in your room to drink the wine?
2) Is there a fridge in your room to keep the beer or white wine chilled?

Questions about the alcohol you can bring on board:
1) Are there wine glasses and/or bottle openers in your room to drink the wine?
2) Is there a fridge in your room to keep the beer or white wine chilled?
1) No, you can ask your room host for glasses/opener once onboard. Or pick up glasses in one of the lounges.
2) Yes there's a fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter