Bringing home a lighsaber

Pumpkin1172

DIS Veteran
Has anyone brought one of those lightsabers from Savi's workshop.

I didn't think it would be as big as it is.
I am hoping we can bring it onto the plane as a piece of checked luggage.

If we need to send it home FedEx, then we will send it before we leave. Our park days are done and we are on a more relaxed schedule now.

We have two, both times just carried onto the plane and kept it beside us against the window on the recommendation of the FA.

Once time was with Frontier and when I tried to pay extra for it during check-in as a carry-on they told me it was company policy to not to because 'they're just too cool'; if they don't care I honestly can't see any other airline being an issue.

Have they started giving the caring case out with them again?

We brought ours home with no issues as a carry-on item. It was in a case and we put it in the overhead bin with no issues.

Have they started giving the caring case out with them again?
Yes! Thank goodness. DJ would have been a tad upset to be given a plastic bag to put it into and only a 10% discount

Thanks for the answers!!! I figured we could just carry it onto the plane. I'm pretty sure we are not the first people to bring one onto the plane...

Not only are you not the first people to take one on a plane, the TSA actually has an official policy on light sabers
It's funny as we were boarding, I was carrying it, and this guys stops me to ask what it was as he had noticed a few of them in the airport. When I said " it's a light saber" He lit up and was like " a real disney one?!!!" I replied yes...then he came to us later in the flight to ask how to do it for him next trip :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter