Bringing the Doggo Along to the Fort...

Conroy Family

Earning My Ears
I just finished setting up ressies in 2022. Then I called back and added the "request for a dog loop" to the ressie. They told me it could not be guaranteed.

I have brought dogs and cats to the fort at least 5 times previously and never had an issue.

Has anyone showed up and been told that your dog can't be accommodated?

I cannot say for 100%, but having been on these boards for about 7 years now, I think the answer is no. In fact, the last I recall seeing about this discussion, all loops can become “pet loops” as the need arises. As I have never been to the Fort with our dog, I have no personal experience, but regulars on here do have dogs and can probably advise of their experiences. Regardless, I believe the answer will be not to be concerned… I have not looked at official Fort pet policy in their documentation.. perhaps there is more info there as well.

I cannot say for 100%, but having been on these boards for about 7 years now, I think the answer is no. In fact, the last I recall seeing about this discussion, all loops can become “pet loops” as the need arises. As I have never been to the Fort with our dog, I have no personal experience, but regulars on here do have dogs and can probably advise of their experiences. Regardless, I believe the answer will be not to be concerned… I have not looked at official Fort pet policy in their documentation.. perhaps there is more info there as well.

we have always taken our dog, they are not allowed in pop up or tents as has you must have a hard side camper, policy below:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/camping-pet-friendly/

The info provided by both 4077 and Team Bradfield is correct. ALL Loops are now pet friendly and they are Not permitted in Tents Pop ups or Hybrid trailers with soft sides.
We bring our 2 dogs and they LOVE Ft W. They think visiting the Dog Park is we go there. Well that and looping in the golf cart,

You probably talked with someone that was not farmiler with the fort. I wouldn't worry about it baised on the above posters that bring there animals all the time.

I just finished setting up ressies in 2022. Then I called back and added the "request for a dog loop" to the ressie. They told me it could not be guaranteed.

I have brought dogs and cats to the fort at least 5 times previously and never had an issue.

Has anyone showed up and been told that your dog can't be accommodated?

You got a CM who didn't know what they are talking about, clearly. They clearly didn't know the answer so they gave the vague, non-committal answer.

Pets, properly identified on your reservation, are permitted in any camping loop (but true not in tent or soft side trailer applications).

Please bring your pet and be a responsible pet owner and you'll have a great trip!

Bama Ed

We bring dogs all the time. That being said, perhaps the CM means they can't guarantee you a site right near the dog park?

All loops are pet friendly, have been for several years now. Not sure why they didn't verify that instead of just giving such a vague answer.

I agree with Mike above.

Pets, properly identified on your reservation, are permitted in any camping loop (but true not in tent or soft side trailer applications).

Ever since they made all loops pet friendly (except pop-up and tent), I've never found the "with pet" button when making our online reservations. Never been an issue when checking-in at the "toll booth" entry, either. (And Rosey definitely lets the CM know that she's checking-in too!). Now that we're doing online check-ins we've never been questioned about her. Last visit was April 2021 and looking forward to our Dec 2021 visit coming up soon!

Ever since they made all loops pet friendly (except pop-up and tent), I've never found the "with pet" button when making our online reservations. Never been an issue when checking-in at the "toll booth" entry, either. (And Rosey definitely lets the CM know that she's checking-in too!). Now that we're doing online check-ins we've never been questioned about her. Last visit was April 2021 and looking forward to our Dec 2021 visit coming up soon!

I thought there had to be SOME way, Stork, for Disney to know who to charge the $5 per day pet fee (and who NOT to).

Click the "Pet Friendly Policy" section and see last bulllet

Can't see them passing up the chance to generate more revenue. I assumed it was on the reservation or during live/online checkin.

Bama Ed

PS - I don't camp with a pet so I don't get charged but assumed those at the Fort with pets were being billed $5 per day.

Last edited:
On the pet fee. I normally let them know at check in that i have a dog. I have sometimes been charged the pet fee and sometimes not. It is pretty much random.

On the pet fee. I normally let them know at check in that i have a dog. I have sometimes been charged the pet fee and sometimes not. It is pretty much random.

I don't recall ever being charged extra, I assumed I checked something at reservation time, but then again our final bill usually puts me in sticker shock, how many $12 margaritas can a couple drink...(btw-its a lot) I might have missed the dog charge. I will have to pull up the last bill

Know that all too well. Our Katie , if she thinks we are going for a Golf Cart ride Jumps right in and wants the Keys Says since she has a license , she is allowed to drive

LOL, Our Gizmo is the same way, if we are at another CG and the host drives up, Gizmo jumps right in.

I don't recall ever being charged extra, I assumed I checked something at reservation time, but then again our final bill usually puts me in sticker shock, how many $12 margaritas can a couple drink...(btw-its a lot) I might have missed the dog charge. I will have to pull up the last bill

Maybe it was the dog drinking the margaritas? :confused3

I was told all loops can be pet loops now. When we rented an RV, we paid the $5 per day. We also stayed in a cabin, and the fee is an absurd $50 per day to have a pet. Even a very small one.

Forgive me if this is the wrong area to post this but I'm thinking because my question involves Ft. Wilderness, I would give it a try.

Has anyone seen the Segway tours go by? Several years ago we did the Segway Tour and we went all around Ft. Wilderness. It was so fun. We had done Epcot (no longer done) several times but it was our first at Ft. Wilderness and would like to go back.

Anyone know if they are operating? The thought of waiting 2 hours on a phone call just doesn't appeal to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter