Bringing the Princess to Her Castle for the 1st Time!

shelbys mommy

DIS Veteran
Ok so after reading a few PTR's I have decided to start my very 1st one! Keeping my fingers crossed that this all goes right :laughing: This trip will be a celebration of many things: Our 10 year wedding anniversary, just 5 months late, my oldest will turn 10 at Disney (still trying to figure out how that happened) and it will be our princess' 1st trip!

Meet the Gang:

The one REALLY pushing for this trip & the one making all of the arrangements, Yours Truly: Joni! I am a 29 year old SAHM to 2 :wizard: :wizard: and 1 very beautiful little princess:, but I'm just a little biased in my opinion :laughing:. I have been married to the love of my life for almost 10 years now (our anniversary is in 9 days!)! :love:

Pddbcacea2d46e40c71e67ac59f568652_6.jpg

The one who is pretty much just along for the ride, the one doing all the driving, Ben:
l_40a2858c2720590a73e80b5cefef26e52.jpg

Our soon to be 10 year old, Koby:
100_2517.jpg

Our 7 year old, Brady:
100_2516.jpg

And our 9 month old princess, Shelby (who will be 14 months when we bring her "home" to her castle):
9months.jpg

Disney here we come!!! June 19-June 23, 2010. We are staying at All Star Music & an ADR at Play n Dine at Hollywood and Vine. My son wanted to go to HS for his birthday & graciously said that he would do that ADR for his baby sister since she adores the Little Einsteins (she's dancing and talking to Leo now as we speak!)

We are leaving Louisiana and driving the long 12 hr drive on June 18th & check in on the 19th. DH will be soooo tired!!! Ah, he can sleep later! The plans as of now are the 19th Epcot, the 20th HS, the 21st MK, the 22nd AK, the 23rd MK & the 24th head home. Now I'm famous for changing thing around all the time, so this can change at a moment's notice lol. This is a very budgeted trip & will be paid off with income taxes & hoping to do it for under $3000. Good thing I married into a Disney family, my in laws are really good about giving money for the kids to spend at Disney and they will be putting their allowance towards spending money also.

We were in WDW Jan 07. It was my first trip along with my boys. Like I mentioned, I married into a Disney family & my DH has been there about 4 or 5 times prior to this trip. I had mentioned that I lost my disc of my Disney pictures from that trip, which I still have not found. I was able to get some of them from my mother in law though, so I'll leave you with a few of those pics. Enjoy!

Us at Epcot, I look like crap, but I didn't care, I was at Disney :laughing:
l_0b24e63184d3094dd965fa5424c803a9.jpg

Brady, I love this one of him:
l_5ae73f009af0d0e4bb54eff873c21000.jpg

Chef Mickeys, we went with my in laws & my sister in law was too cool to wear the same shirt as us :laughing:
l_b70e01f3a166e8d2ffb6ec3dc8f7c30e.jpg

My boys and the Mouse!
l_bccb49032d3cccf490e345d5e1ef6eec.jpg

Wanna know how it all started? Well here you go!

One Saturday Ben & I are sitting down watching Playhouse Disney with Shelby while the boys are trying to kill each other in their bedroom lol & Shelby was dancing & smiling the entire time. I looked at Ben & said, "I wanna bring Shelby to Disney." I was expecting the usual, "One day" or "I know", much to my surprise I got "How about in June for Koby's birthday?" I IMMEDIATELY jumped on the WDW website & started planning & figuring everything out. My MIL had gone this past summer for her 16th time & always brings back tons of Guide Maps from the parks. So then I start pulling those out! Pop in the 2009 Disney Vacation Planner DVD & within an hour I had everything planned & ready to go!

I had said I wanted to do something big for Koby since this was his 10th birthday & making it to the double digits is a big deal for him, for me it just means he's really no longer my baby :sad1:. How much bigger can you get to celebrate a birthday than Disney? He's all excited now.

Here comes the only troubling part of the trip, Brady being left out. Koby's birthday=big deal, Shelby's 1st trip=big deal. Brady's 2nd trip, not so much. His birthday isn't until October, so he really can't celebrate that yet. Hopefully I can think of something for him to celebrate, besides being the only one in our family that is a big brother & a little brother.

I'm trying to teach Shelby to say "I wanna go see Mickey Mouse, Daddy." but we have to work on "ma ma" first. I'm tired of being called "da da" all day! :lmao:

So there's the background of how this trip came to be & I cry everytime I see a Disney commercial or a sweet pic of any Disney character & a child or any magical moment.

I'll join in!!:goodvibes Just started my PTR today as well for our trip in April. Your kiddos are adorable!!---and how exciting a very first trip for your DD!!:) I have 2 boys the same ages as yours, the oldest celebrating his 10th birthday as well.
Can't wait to read about all your planning.popcorn::

I'll join in!!:goodvibes Just started my PTR today as well for our trip in April. Your kiddos are adorable!!---and how exciting a very first trip for your DD!!:) I have 2 boys the same ages as yours, the oldest celebrating his 10th birthday as well.
Can't wait to read about all your planning.popcorn::

:yay: That is so awesome! Thank you! I'm going check yours out now!!!

I'm in too!!! I almost cried when I saw the picture of Shelby in the Minnie Mouse outfit. I have the same one in the closet that I bought for Luca... before we found out he was a Mickey instead.:rotfl2:

I'm in too!!! I almost cried when I saw the picture of Shelby in the Minnie Mouse outfit. I have the same one in the closet that I bought for Luca... before we found out he was a Mickey instead.:rotfl2:

:welcome: Thanks!! :lmao: That is hilarious! My sister in law bought it for Shelby from like Dollar General for $4.00 I think. It's 3-6 months and still big on her!

:welcome: Thanks!! :lmao: That is hilarious! My sister in law bought it for Shelby from like Dollar General for $4.00 I think. It's 3-6 months and still big on her!

Same exact one. I had run into Family Dollar for something and saw it. Couldn't pass it up...I was like 6 weeks pregnant, lol!:goodvibes Same size and everything. I couldn't believe that they had Disney clothes at the dollar store!

Hoping to find a future Disney lover to pass it on to.

With my family being all for Disney, pretty much 90% of my kids clothing is Disney related. And now I get to do Princess things!!! I'm so excited about that one. Kind of bummed she's too little for BBB, but she really has hardly any hair anyway, so I'll just put that on the list of things to do when she's 3!

Another SIL went to Disney a few months ago & picked up Shelby this Minnie tshirt that says "This is My First Minnie Shirt" and of course, she is holding her June doll.
100_3094.jpg

100_3101.jpg

100_3103.jpg

Those pics are precious!! LOVE the bowband and the Minnie shirt!! We have that same June doll!! I found it on clearance last year at Target!! :goodvibes

Oh I love Target! She carries her June with her everywhere she goes. I can't wait til we are past the headband bow stage & I can put clippies in her hair instead!

:yay:I'm here! Really enjoying reading your PTR! Your family is adorable. Isn't it fun to have a little princess to play with :) Mine got a big doll house for Christmas, and I love playing with it as much as she does.

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!

:yay:I'm here! Really enjoying reading your PTR! Your family is adorable. Isn't it fun to have a little princess to play with :) Mine got a big doll house for Christmas, and I love playing with it as much as she does.

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!

:welcome: Thanks!!!! Oh I am having sooooooooooo much fun playing with my princess! In fact, I hear her talking in her bed as we speak:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter