Bringing Your Own Coffee & Gear

Saad

Mouseketeer
I’m sure there are others here - so asking - for those who bring their own coffee - I mean the beans, grinder, pour over, kettle etc - like me - how and what do you bring and brew?

What contraptions are you bringing and using in the rooms?

For me, it’s a bodum kettle, some local FL beans, hand grinder and a travel pour over

I’m sure there are others here - so asking - for those who bring their own coffee - I mean the beans, grinder, pour over, kettle etc - like me - how and what do you bring and brew?

What contraptions are you bringing and using in the rooms?

For me, it’s a bodum kettle, some local FL beans, hand grinder and a travel pour over
That sounds amazing! We bring a Keurig machine and K cups… we sometimes bring our mocha master but I’ve fallen in love with the pressed coffee around property (Kona Cafe and Olivia’s).

French press, hand grinder. my favorite mug, my sugar, current favorite beans, and a steam kettle...it actually all fits in my carry-on.
Would like to find a smaller steam kettle though.

We stay at DVC villas, which have the good old standard coffee machines. We bring the white paper filters and ground beans. Easy to carry in the suitcase and super convenient to make - how we want it and when we want it. Plus I like how you can wash everything in the sink/dishwasher in the villas. I work in hospitality and Nespresso machines are nasty. They're in high end hotels and can't vouch for how (if) they're every cleaned...

We aren't coffee drinkers, but we are tea people. We brought a collapsible kettle, collapsible travel mugs, three kinds of tea (including two loose-leaf with measuring spoons and strainers etc.) and of course the sugar/spices/add-ins we enjoy in small containers that resealed well - e.g. the sugar always goes in an old Talenti gelato tub because it's the right size and seals nicely, the mulling spices go in an empty cinnamon shaker, etc. All of it went into our checked bag with no problems. Then got a small thing of milk from Amazon Fresh when we got our snack delivery.

I bring a travel Keurig and pods (Gevalia or Community), even to DVC/hotels w coffee pots. Also, I like to bring my own Splenda, and heavy whipping cream (that's my creamer choice.) I also pack assorted coffee packs for hotels on the road.

We love our Jura at home but can’t travel with that. We’ve taken our trusty Mr. Coffee Espresso maker on most trips. He finally bit the dust. If we don’t buy another one for travel before our next trip, we’ll probably just bring the French press. I’d love fresh ground beans, but we’ll just grind for the week right before we leave. We love a good, strong cup of coffee before we leave the room. Nice to know we’re not the only ones that bring the coffee supplies.

I don't bring anything for the room, but I bring a travel mug and Medaglia d'Oro espresso powder. I get hot water in the park, drop in the powder, and a few creamer packs. It is surprisingly good and beats anything I can get in the park. Plus, I can get it whenever I want it without joining a half hour long line.

Wow...this is a lot! I mean you guys do you....it's rather impressive actually. As much as I'm a huge coffee addict and lover of fine grinds there's something I like about getting my coffee at a resort already brewed or finding a better roaster on property...not just at Disney but any vacation. But then again our family used to bring along a grilled cheese maker on vacations when we were kids so who am I to judge anyone!

On a side note are the $800 - $1200 espresso/cappuccino makers really much better than the 100-200 ones?

I just checked out of the DVC BLT studio.
Forgot how much I loved that old fashion Mr. Coffee . It’s great to use for my ramen noodles and nothing like pouring a cup of coffee with a glass coffee pot with a handle.
I always bring a small plastic bottle of vinegar to clean the machine. And fix a couple rounds of sink water in a coffee maker machine no matter what kind it is. .. then I use bottled water to make.

Last edited:
While not on par with grinding your own beans, for packing ease I find a collapsible kettle and Starbucks Via take almost no space in the bag. We then buy milk/cream at the hotel. Plus, the kettle comes in handy for easy breakfast in the room if you also bring a box of instant oatmeal.

And here I thought I liked my coffee! You guys are great. I just plan to keep it simple when I head down in a few days. I'm at AKL studio, so not sure what coffee maker it has (I've seen people reference both the dreaded Cuisinart single serve and the full size maker). Regardless, I am grinding my own beans (decaf) and bring a small pour-over set up, including a mug. That way I can boil water in the microwave and use that. I'm not looking for a "10" cup of coffee, just better than the "1" that the other things brew!.

While not on par with grinding your own beans, for packing ease I find a collapsible kettle and Starbucks Via take almost no space in the bag. We then buy milk/cream at the hotel. Plus, the kettle comes in handy for easy breakfast in the room if you also bring a box of instant oatmeal.
Yes. Wife usually does oatmeal some days while the kids are getting ready.

I just checked out of the DVC BLT studio.
Forgot how much I loved that old fashion Mr. Coffee . It’s great to use for my ramen noodles and nothing like pouring a cup of coffee with a glass coffee pot with a handle.
I always bring a small plastic bottle of vinegar to clean the machine. And fix a couple rounds of sink water in a coffee maker machine no matter what kind it is. .. then I use bottled water to make.
And must have half n half and those small brown sugar packets.

I recently discovered Starbucks holiday drink : the sprinkled sugar cookie almond latte is even better ordering w/ oat milk.
And sugarplum Danish (not warmed up ) !

UPDATe …
Starbucks is ready for Valentines w return of red velvet swirl cake slice and new Pistachio flavored drink!
Another favorite for me !

Seems like a lot of extra gear to bring along just to have a cup of coffee. Usually people are discussing how to bring less with them when traveling.

Seems like a lot of extra gear to bring along just to have a cup of coffee. Usually people are discussing how to bring less with them when traveling.
For me, it’s a must to have a proper cup of coffee to start the day - especially when I know we’ve got a long day ahead of us.

It is “extra” - but it’s essential to me 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter