Bringing Your Own Coffee & Gear

On a side note are the $800 - $1200 espresso/cappuccino makers really much better than the 100-200 ones?

TBH 800-1200 barely gets you into entry level for an espresso machine. But yes, its significantly better than something 100-200 bucks. PM if you have any other questions, I am very into my coffee :)

Don't forget the most important thing, and that's the water you are using.

Florida tap water is exceptionally poor, so consider bottled water or some sort of filtration system like perhaps a filtering water bottle, although I have no experience with them. I have an Owners Locker so I keep a filtration pitcher and spare filters in that.

~NM

Don't forget the most important thing, and that's the water you are using.

Florida tap water is exceptionally poor, so consider bottled water or some sort of filtration system like perhaps a filtering water bottle, although I have no experience with them. I have an Owners Locker so I keep a filtration pitcher and spare filters in that.

~NM
we usually have tons of bottled water so I end up using that in the kettle

I drink heated cold brew (way less acidic). I just buy some and bring along. I really like Stok but that comes refrigerated and are big bottles...trader joes has a nice concentrate and the starbucks is okay. Want to try the Kirkland one in cans but that's a lot to commit to without knowing if I'll like it. I just add heavy cream.

I have a cold-brew flask at home, but it is glass and I'm a bit afraid to travel with it. However, reheating cold-brew is an excellent option for a hot cup and is very tasty, I have friends that are coffee fanatics that do this as their standard approach at home.

I was thinking Aeropress as it is so travel friendly and bring my favorite beans pre-ground. If they would deliver a hot water kettle, that would be lovely. It's also possible to do a cold Aeropress, but I've not tried it before.

Big tub of Folgers ground coffee in our Owners Locker along with the paper filters which we use in the DVC coffee pots. Making a full “12-cup” pot yields just about enough for me and my wife in the morning (about 3 DVC mugs each). Not quite as good as the bean-grinding machine we have at home, but fine for a vacation as we are not major coffee connoisseurs. (Growing up in the UK I don’t think I ever had coffee other than instant coffee until I was in my twenties).

Hmmmm, this Owner's Locker thing remains intriguing to me. Been trying to not do it, but having some items that I wouldn't have to bring would be nice.

French press, hand grinder. my favorite mug, my sugar, current favorite beans, and a steam kettle...it actually all fits in my carry-on.
Would like to find a smaller steam kettle though.
Why wouldn’t you just grind the like the day before you left?

Why wouldn’t you just grind the like the day before you left?
I can taste the difference...guess its like fresh ground pepper and how its so much better than pre-ground...granted its not that much difference but its my morning routine. Like I said I'm old and set in my ways

I can taste the difference...guess its like fresh ground pepper and how its so much better than pre-ground...granted its not that much difference but its my morning routine. Like I said I'm old and set in my ways
Don’t mess with a good morning routine 😄

For me, it’s a bodum kettle, some local FL beans, hand grinder and a travel pour over

I'm sure you know this, but in case you don't...Joffrey's Coffee is based in Florida. Unless you know of a coffee plantation in FL, just wanted to make sure it was known that they are a local coffee company.

I just started drinking coffee again (after realizing that it's entirely possible I have ADHD, and realizing that some executive function parts of my life sort of fell apart 2 years ago when I stopped drinking coffee), and am still finding my new way (I got rid of all the coffee pots when I gave it up). So I was happy to use the DVC coffee maker with the unbleached melita filters I keep in my owners locker. I like Joffreys and love their 50th-anniversary blend so much I ordered bags to be sent to me.

Hmmmm, this Owner's Locker thing remains intriguing to me. Been trying to not do it, but having some items that I wouldn't have to bring would be nice.

I like mine. I don't keep fancy things in there, but mainly those little things that you just don't want to buy every time. Coffee filters for the DVC coffee pots, disposable plates/bowls just in case, a little first aid kit, emergency toothpaste in a too-big-for-carryon size. Also all my old magicbands. My preferred laundry detergent. That sort of thing.

I'm sure you know this, but in case you don't...Joffrey's Coffee is based in Florida. Unless you know of a coffee plantation in FL, just wanted to make sure it was known that they are a local coffee company.

I just started drinking coffee again (after realizing that it's entirely possible I have ADHD, and realizing that some executive function parts of my life sort of fell apart 2 years ago when I stopped drinking coffee), and am still finding my new way (I got rid of all the coffee pots when I gave it up). So I was happy to use the DVC coffee maker with the unbleached melita filters I keep in my owners locker. I like Joffreys and love their 50th-anniversary blend so much I ordered bags to be sent to me.

I like mine. I don't keep fancy things in there, but mainly those little things that you just don't want to buy every time. Coffee filters for the DVC coffee pots, disposable plates/bowls just in case, a little first aid kit, emergency toothpaste in a too-big-for-carryon size. Also all my old magicbands. My preferred laundry detergent. That sort of thing.

It may be time to consider an owners locker for coffee gear and laundry items

We aren't coffee drinkers, but we are tea people. We brought a collapsible kettle, collapsible travel mugs, three kinds of tea (including two loose-leaf with measuring spoons and strainers etc.) and of course the sugar/spices/add-ins we enjoy in small containers that resealed well - e.g. the sugar always goes in an old Talenti gelato tub because it's the right size and seals nicely, the mulling spices go in an empty cinnamon shaker, etc. All of it went into our checked bag with no problems. Then got a small thing of milk from Amazon Fresh when we got our snack delivery.
You are amazing! I never knew that existed. I love tea and hate coffee. With that I can finally have tea when traveling that doesn't taste like coffee!

I've done the coffee travel kit before, since I would travel extensively for work. Usually defaulted to a Hario Skerton hand grinder, a cheap gram scale, and an Aeropress. Almost all hotels have a microwave and paper cups (or ceramic mugs if you're in something like a Residence Inn) to heat the water.

If you want to go full-bore on the travel kit, check out the Orphan Espresso hand grinders, travel pitcher, flat pourover cone. They're not cheap, but will last a long time if you're looking to do this frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter