Britain's Bridezilla

My favorite part is that she made the guests at her last wedding reception learn some elaborate dance move that they didn't end up performing because SHE WAS FOUR HOURS LATE... And there's no way I'd spend 2500 euros to attend a wedding for anyone. Even family. That's nearly $3000 US.

The "happy couple" shelled out some $70,000. They already have a child together; you'd think they could have put the $$$$$$ to better use, namely saving for the kid's college education -- majoring in financial planning and/or business management.

Last edited:
My favorite part is that she made the guests at her last wedding reception learn some elaborate dance move that they didn't end up performing because SHE WAS FOUR HOURS LATE... And there's no way I'd spend 2500 euros to attend a wedding for anyone. Even family. That's nearly $3000 US.

And if two guests attend, which usually happens with married family members, that's nearly $6000. But according to the bride:

She doesn't feel guilty for making her loved ones fork out to attend her weddings, saying: 'If you care about somebody, you love them, then why would you not be there for such a significant day in their life? So I don't feel guilty."

And if two guests attend, which usually happens with married family members, that's nearly $6000. But according to the bride:

She doesn't feel guilty for making her loved ones fork out to attend her weddings, saying: 'If you care about somebody, you love them, then why would you not be there for such a significant day in their life? So I don't feel guilty."

Apparently in her world, when you love someone, money just falls from the sky. And I got the impression from the article that the nearly $3000 was just to attend ONE of the weddings... I wonder what the grand total was for someone to attend all of them. Must you then also provide a gift at every wedding? :faint:

The "happy couple" shelled out some $70,000. They already have a child together; you'd think they could have put the $$$$$$ to better use, namely saving for the kid's college education -- majoring in financial planning and/or business management.

It's 70,000 pounds, actually, so more like $90,000. In all honesty, I'm surprised they could pull off that many fancy weddings for so little. My guess is they passed on significant costs to the guests (which the article also seems to imply). And that's really what makes this a Bridezilla moment: The fact that she expects her friends and family to shell out to attend all her superfluous ceremonies.

All that being said, $100,000 is not a completely "out there" amount for weddings these days. I mean, mine didn't cost neary those amounts, of course, but my parents attended one which had to have been something north of $500,000 (if not into 7 figures). And that was 20-some years ago.

Hope she works as hard at her marriage as she did for these ridiculous parties.

Remember: its about the marriage, not the wedding. :sad2:
Exactly! We did our wedding for the cost of one of her guests to attend. And we are happily married, and still look back on our day and smile. We handmade most the decorations, centerpieces, etc so we didn't purchase a whole lot of stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter