Broad Street Run 2023

One thing I just remembered about this race, is that you enter your corral at the *front* of the corral, the opposite of runDisney races where you enter at the *back*. One year, I saw my corral, walked in and started walking forward, was standing there waiting, and at one point a woman sidled up to me and said, "Don't worry, I sneaked into this corral too." I was horrified, "EXCUSE ME, I *never* sneak into the wrong corral!" But I looked around and I had, accidentally, lined up in the corral ahead of mine. Not the end of the world, but just be aware.

Oh no! Are you injured?
Not injured, but have been experiencing uncontrolled asthma for the past month that has made training impossible.

Fingers crossed that's now worked out so the year's training can go back to normal. (There's a lot of Disney races I'm looking forward to!)

If there's no rain Sunday, hoping to meet up with some of you before the start! Usually I'm hanging out at the bleachers by the track. I'll have a Rundisney heat blanket.

If it's raining though, all bets are off. I'm huddling in the subway. Lol.

Not injured, but have been experiencing uncontrolled asthma for the past month that has made training impossible.

Fingers crossed that's now worked out so the year's training can go back to normal. (There's a lot of Disney races I'm looking forward to!)
Is it the pollen? I've been experiencing scratchiness in my chest also.

Good luck everyone today!

One tip if any future runners are looking at this, tyvek booties over your race shoes will really improve your race experience prior to race start. You'll be doing a lot of walking on wet grass/dirt for portapotties.
We looked for you ( @striker1064 and me) at the bleachers at the track but didn't see you. Did you wind up running? I had a great time despite the rain. The crowds came out anyway!
I was drenched at the end of this race, head to toe. My shoes were making that squishing noise.

We looked for you ( @striker1064 and me) at the bleachers at the track but didn't see you. Did you wind up running? I had a great time despite the rain. The crowds came out anyway!
I was drenched at the end of this race, head to toe. My shoes were making that squishing noise.
Yup, I ran, just took it slow!

Sorry I missed you guys! I got to the bleachers a bit late this year (~7:25) so maybe we missed eachother? I had the rundisney heat blanket, but ended up being fine with my throwaways and clear poncho so it was mostly used as a seat. I was on the right side near the steps.

I hear you on the wet. By the end of the race I wasn't even bothering to go around puddles since my shoes were already soaked. The crowd support was amazing this year despite the weather, felt like it was back to pre-covid levels.

Looking forward to running the 45th anniversary next year in 2024!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter