Broadway shows??????

So, I may or may not have seen Newsies 5 times. I may or may not have stagedoored the show 7 times. You'll never know... :rolleyes1

LOL! But I've seen a bunch of other shows, too! Besides Newsies, I've recently seen Matilda on Broadway. The cast is phenomenal. I'm an actor myself and I was able to see the show through Broadway Student Summit. It's a three day master class at Pearl Studios, you get to work with a bunch of professionals, you get to do a Q&A with a few members of the cast of Matilda, you see the show, and the next day you learn music and choreography. It's so much fun!!!

Last night I saw Little Shop of Horrors at my high school, which was super fun and funny. The night before, I saw Beauty and the Beast at a neighboring town. The costumes were PHENOMENAL!!!

I've been in Legally Blonde and The Drowsy Chaperone, and I have an audition for Urinetown tomorrow. Other favorite Broadway shows include Les Miserables, Rent, Shrek, Children of Eden, Into the Woods, Sweeney Todd, Hairspray, and a bunch of others! I'm DYING to see the Les Mis revival, Aladdin, and Wicked. AND I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT TO SEE BOOK OF MORMON, but my parents won't let me. And I've never been a die hard fan of Phantom, but I'm dying to see Norm Lewis in it.

This was my first year really getting into Theatre and Theatre in Toronto was really great this year, I watched
Wizard Of Oz {The production I watched just started touring recently},
Book Of Mormon, One of the funniest things i've ever seen.
Aladdin {The production was a pre-broadway tryout so it's the same cast as the one in previews on broadway right now},
Les Mis { A lot of the cast is actually in the broadway revival right now: Ramin Karimloo aka God, Samantha Hill, Cliff Saunders, Samantha Hill, Melissa Oneill, Aaron Walpole}
There was also a play called Metamorphosis which was pretty decent.

Overall Book Of Mormon is my favorite show, but Les Mis was the best production i've seen.

I'm actually going to a school trip New York in April where we will be watching Phantom Of The Opera which is quite exciting as i've been a Phan since I was born {Parents love the soundtrack}.

If you see Norm Lewis in April, I'm going to be super jealous beyond belief.

I've seen Mama Mia, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Phantom of the Opera, Wickedx4, The Lion King, Avenue Q, Aida, Seussical, and I was in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. Needless to say I LOVE musicals!! :goodvibes

So, I may or may not have seen Newsies 5 times. I may or may not have stagedoored the show 7 times. You'll never know... :rolleyes1 LOL! But I've seen a bunch of other shows, too! Besides Newsies, I've recently seen Matilda on Broadway. The cast is phenomenal. I'm an actor myself and I was able to see the show through Broadway Student Summit. It's a three day master class at Pearl Studios, you get to work with a bunch of professionals, you get to do a Q&A with a few members of the cast of Matilda, you see the show, and the next day you learn music and choreography. It's so much fun!!! Last night I saw Little Shop of Horrors at my high school, which was super fun and funny. The night before, I saw Beauty and the Beast at a neighboring town. The costumes were PHENOMENAL!!! I've been in Legally Blonde and The Drowsy Chaperone, and I have an audition for Urinetown tomorrow. Other favorite Broadway shows include Les Miserables, Rent, Shrek, Children of Eden, Into the Woods, Sweeney Todd, Hairspray, and a bunch of others! I'm DYING to see the Les Mis revival, Aladdin, and Wicked. AND I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT TO SEE BOOK OF MORMON, but my parents won't let me. And I've never been a die hard fan of Phantom, but I'm dying to see Norm Lewis in it.

I pretty much agree with you on everything!! I absolutely love Newsies...it's most likely my all-time favorite!! My friend is actually assistant choreographer to Christopher Gattelli. I really want to see Aladdin and Les Mis revival too...another guy I know is doing the projections for Les Mis. I really wish I lived in New York, but I'm just glad I get to see the national tours. I love Wicked and POTO. Shrek and Addams Family are some great ones as well. I love too many to count. Thanks so much for posting!! Enjoyed reading your opinions:)

I've seen Mama Mia, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Phantom of the Opera, Wickedx4, The Lion King, Avenue Q, Aida, Seussical, and I was in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. Needless to say I LOVE musicals!! :goodvibes

I love TMM...I was in that at my theatre last year! It is a wonderful show. Probably because Sutton Foster was the original Broadway lead<3 POTO, Wicked, and the Lion King are in my top favorites!!

Thanks for posting Princess Kelz:)

Did you see Carly Rae as Cinderella? I would love to see that show!!

No, I saw the understudy Jessica Hershberg and she was absolutely amazing! She is the perfect Cinderella! I really hope she takes over the role when Carly Rae leaves the show because she is just so amazing.

No, I saw the understudy Jessica Hershberg and she was absolutely amazing! She is the perfect Cinderella! I really hope she takes over the role when Carly Rae leaves the show because she is just so amazing.

The dress she wears for the ball is absolutely beautiful!! I would love to see it:) that's awesome you saw it!! Glad you enjoyed it:)

Bump! Have any of you seen the newly revised version of POTO that's touring? I saw it relatively recently. Overall it was amazing, but there are some changes...minor, and only two upset me, (really badly, like, horribly, excruciatingly painfully badly - and I really hope they limit this new edition to just the tour, then get rid of it because of them) but definitely changes (as opposed to 25th anniversary).

I've only seen one and it was The Little Mermaid years ago. I remembering it being good though.

With all the Pahantom of the Opera fans, my school choral program is singing a Phantom medley at our concert.

I've only seen one and it was The Little Mermaid years ago. I remembering it being good though. With all the Pahantom of the Opera fans, my school choral program is singing a Phantom medley at our concert.

That's really neat.

Since we're bringing back this thread- I'm seeing Aladdin in January with a masterclass I'm taking, and I'm trying to see Wicked and The Lion King that weekend as well. Also, I opened (and also closed) my first straight play since middle school last weekend (Almost, Maine. I was Marvalyn), and my school musical is announced in like 5 minutes. :hippie:

Since we're bringing back this thread- I'm seeing Aladdin in January with a masterclass I'm taking, and I'm trying to see Wicked and The Lion King that weekend as well. Also, I opened (and also closed) my first straight play since middle school last weekend (Almost, Maine. I was Marvalyn), and my school musical is announced in like 5 minutes. :hippie:

What's your musical? Mine is Beauty and the Beast. :D

What's your musical? Mine is Beauty and the Beast. :D

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forvm"! I've always wanted to do a Sondheim show, but given the amount of female roles in the show/lack of an ensemble, things aren't looking too good for me this year. :(

Glad someone bumped up the thread. I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been really busy with theatre lately. I just finished Les Mis at my theatre and right now, I'm in the middle of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Yay for Andrew Lloyd Webber!).

Silvermist- I did B&B last year. I was a napkin (best part was the kick line in Be Our Guest). Hope you enjoy it!

Disneyanney- I just saw the tour of POTO last month. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the phantom. But every other character was fantastic. The set was amazing, though I had set my standards really high after watching the 25th anniversary.

Also, Lion King and Motown is coming here early next year. SO EXCITED!!

Glad someone bumped up the thread. I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been really busy with theatre lately. I just finished Les Mis at my theatre and right now, I'm in the middle of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Yay for Andrew Lloyd Webber!). Silvermist- I did B&B last year. I was a napkin (best part was the kick line in Be Our Guest). Hope you enjoy it! Disneyanney- I just saw the tour of POTO last month. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the phantom. But every other character was fantastic. The set was amazing, though I had set my standards really high after watching the 25th anniversary. Also, Lion King and Motown is coming here early next year. SO EXCITED!!
They just made set and choreography changes for this tour. From what I can tell, the original is more like the 25th anniversary. Yes, I loved the sets! I just thought that some of the choreography (and an added line) for Christine and Raoul were and was a little bit out of character. (SPOILER ALERT: Small spoiler. So I did some research and read that some changes were due to the foreshadow meant of Love Never Dies - stupid fanfics, ick - which sort of explains Raoul's obliviousness to Christine during Twisted Every Way. Otherwise, his was a wonderful, gentle portrayal.) Spoiler done.
Wow, I've been really knit picky with this. I promise, I was on Cloud 9 when we got out, and still am. This was just an after thought a few days back.
The Lion King sounds like it's so amazing. I hope to see it sometime.

Glad someone bumped up the thread. I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been really busy with theatre lately. I just finished Les Mis at my theatre and right now, I'm in the middle of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Yay for Andrew Lloyd Webber!).

Silvermist- I did B&B last year. I was a napkin (best part was the kick line in Be Our Guest). Hope you enjoy it!

Disneyanney- I just saw the tour of POTO last month. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the phantom. But every other character was fantastic. The set was amazing, though I had set my standards really high after watching the 25th anniversary.

Also, Lion King and Motown is coming here early next year. SO EXCITED!!

My school last year did Joseph. It was actually really good and of course I made the mistake of not wanting to be in it. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter