• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brought Home a Disney Souvenir- COVID

Yeah, my daughter was with me 24/7 and she is testing negative and feels fine. Maybe it’s because she had the boosters and I did not?

Who knows? My husband & I have had all the shots & boosters available. We have been to WDW 4 or 5 times each in 2021 & 2022. This year we also went in January & Easter week. We wore masks on the plane & in crowded attractions every trip except this one.

Last edited:
I flew out to California in June. I did not want to get sick while out there and the airports and planes are packed. I wore a 3M N95 Aura from the minute I set foot in the airport until I exited the airport on the west coast. There were a few others in the airport and on the plane with a mask on--most notably one of the flight attendants. I don't know if it helped me or not but I figured if it could just mitigate my risk a little bit, I'll take it!!! I just don't want to be on vacation and get miserably sick.
Exactly …if I’m going on vacation why not. Who wants to ruin a vacation being sick! On the way home that’s another story 😂

I wasn't referring to flying home sick, only the possibility of catching Covid while on the plane ....the reason for wearing a mask

We wore our masks on the flight down too. My son had "trauma" from last years vacation being cut short due to covid. I was like "we will NOT catch covid on the flight down and expose my elderly parents and mess up this vacation."

And then we got it from my dad of all people. 🤦‍♀️

I wasn't referring to flying home sick, only the possibility of catching Covid while on the plane ....the reason for wearing a mask
Sadly, I wasn't aware I had COVID when I got on the plane. We had been on a European river cruise and everyone onboard was tested the night before debarkation and everyone was negative. I chalked up the "not feeling well" to having to get up at 3:00am to catch the plane and not eating a proper breakfast, as well as jet lag. I tested when I got home and was positive. I did wear my mask during the whole flight, so I'm hopeful I didn't pass it on to anyone.

DH came home with it after a cruise in February and I caught it from him. We were both careful. Wore masks on the bus, in the airport, and on the airplane, both coming and going. He was more cautious than I was and wore his whenever he was indoors on the ship. It's definitely still out there.

COVID is spreading widely right now. Out of 12 co-workers, 5 have had it in the past 2 weeks....the irony is nearly everyone works from home, so there was no spread in the office. Only one person works in the office but they got it from their fiancee.

Be careful everyone!

COVID is spreading widely right now. Out of 12 co-workers, 5 have had it in the past 2 weeks....the irony is nearly everyone works from home, so there was no spread in the office. Only one person works in the office but they got it from their fiancee.

Be careful everyone!
I've had 3 coworkers get it in the last week. We do work in the office but the each got it during their "weekend" time.

Well, sorry to the thousands of people I came in to contact with this week. I ended up feeling chilled waiting to board the plane to head home. I couldn’t warm up no matter how many layers I put on. Started getting a sore throat on the flight home, and the next morning woke up with headache, stuffy and runny nose, chills and fever. I took 2 at-home tests and they came up positive.

Lots of people were coughing, sneezing, and sneezing into their hands or not covering their sneeze at all.
The trip was amazing, and the Halloween party was so much fun! No rain which was so nice!
Stay healthy, everyone!!
Hope you feel well soon!

Two of the times I went to Florida/WDW last year I caught Covid (and ended up giving it to a coworker at a group meeting in Melbourne). I have a business trip scheduled for next week to FL, and am contemplating wearing a mask on the plane.

Appears that the players at the US Open are dealing with the same kind of "souvenir".....the article says that many players have an "unspecified illness". They're not required to test anymore, even if sick. Most are powering through and trying to play. Just made me chuckle, because it's obviously covid. Even John McEnroe got it. Some are calling it the "US Open Bug"....lol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/01/sports/tennis/us-open-players-sick.html#commentsContainer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter