Brown Derby Lounge

kimberwee

DIS Veteran
Anyone have experience with or strategy for trying to get into the lounge at lunch time? We were less than impressed with the food selection at HS last time. Should I go ahead and line up before they open the lounge, at a specific time?

There are 7 of us going on 11/21...4 adults and 3 kids. We dont want to try to eat anywhere near Galaxy's Edge, because it will be a madhouse, and it is a tie between the BDL and Baseline. We feel like the lounge will have more option for food.

Oh, and I know that this has been asked before, but can you order from the Derby main menu at the lounge? Specifically asking for the kids. :)

We usually get there a few minutes before the 12:00 opening and have never had an issue getting a table. You will probably need 2 adjacent large tables for your group - there are a few larger tables with standard seats, but it is mostly high-tops that seat only 2 each.

Yes, you can order off the main menu from inside if you don't want their small plates (but strangely, not vice verce). They still have the smaller Cobb salad on the lounge menu (it's been removed from the indoor menu).

Enjoy! It is a must-do for us every trip - great food, drinks, and people watching!

We really enjoy both, but with a party of 7, including children, looking to eat lunch I would go to HBD Lounge. The menu at Baseline is really limited (there's a soft pretzel, a cheese plate, some almonds, and a steak in puff pastry last I checked, and on their own none of those are really a meal). You can order off of the regular HBD menu at the lounge as well.

Baseline Tap really doesn't have food for lunch, more snacks.
HBD Lounge has a much better menu. If you get there a few minutes before they open you should be good. With a larger party, you may want to get there about 11:45 or slightly earlier.

I agree with 11:45 or even 11:40 with that size party. They have a few larger round tables, so if you go early you have a good chance at one. You stand in line until you can put your name on a list with the hostess or bartender, then can sit in a nearby area and they will call you when a table is ready. You don't have to stand in line the entire time you are waiting. We were offered both menus at lunch.

Wait times seem to be random, and obviously trickier the larger the party. It’s has such limited capacity. In any event, I agree with the advice above on how to go about to.

Who knows how it’ll be once GE is open. But probably much more crowded. I’m guessing you won’t be able to get far enough away to not feel the crowd. Baseline, which I love, is on the edge of GE. It’s going to be more crowded for sure.

On menu issue, we have been offered both menus the last couple of times (Nov. and March). In March, we asked if that was permanent change and server said it depends on the crowd and flow. She seemed genuine in answering but could be a stock answer in case it changes again.

Last time we tried to get in right at opening, we were running late and got there about 5 minutes (or less) before opening. There was a line and we wound up being the last group waiting to get a table. I was nervous, but it all worked out. Had we made it by 11:45 as originally planned, I would have saved my nerves some stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter