Brown recluse spider in room?

I am not expert, but that does not look like a brown recluse spider, looks like a "common" spider, whatever that means LOL
Wasn't there a Big Bang Theory episode about this?

Oh wait, that was about crickets.

Time for them to grow up. My parents would have laughed so hard if I’d checked into a hotel in FL and sent them a photo of a brown spider with a note I was freaking out & thought it was a brown recluse. I’m embarrassed just thinking about doing that. And thank goodness they would have because when I ended up with a small scorpion in my hotel bathroom in AZ I did not freak out, I did not take photos, I did not call my parents. I smashed the living daylights out of it with a towel and went to bed. They’re in FL, spiders live there.

Time for them to grow up. My parents would have laughed so hard if I’d checked into a hotel in FL and sent them a photo of a brown spider with a note I was freaking out & thought it was a brown recluse. I’m embarrassed just thinking about doing that. And thank goodness they would have because when I ended up with a small scorpion in my hotel bathroom in AZ I did not freak out, I did not take photos, I did not call my parents. I smashed the living daylights out of it with a towel and went to bed. They’re in FL, spiders live there.
Good for you! Not sure why you feel like you have to belittle the OP, but different strokes for different folks.

OP here. DD was bitten by a brown recluse when she was 9 months old and still has the divot where the necrosis was, so she is justifiably anxious about this. They talked to a CM at the front desk. They have been reassigned to a new room; Disney will move their stuff for them after housekeeping cleans the new room. Disney insisted on this; DD and SIL were just going to move their stuff and go on about their day.

Good for you! Not sure why you feel like you have to belittle the OP, but different strokes for different folks.
One would have to ask though, what if they found such a spider in their home or apartment? It isn't like they can move. Bugs happen, on vacation or at home. I can certainly understand a fear of spiders, my wife doesn't like them. Once I take a shoe or book to them though, she is fine with it. Even worse, at least to look at, in the midwest is the centipedes. Those things even freak me out!

Even worse, at least to look at, in the midwest is the centipedes. Those things even freak me out!
Hated those hairy looking buggers when we lived in PA! Kept a shoe in the bathroom for smushing. Not sure how CAPSLOCK could catch them, they are so fast!

OP here. DD was bitten by a brown recluse when she was 9 months old and still has the divot where the necrosis was, so she is justifiably anxious about this. They talked to a CM at the front desk. They have been reassigned to a new room; Disney will move their stuff for them after housekeeping cleans the new room. Disney insisted on this; DD and SIL were just going to move their stuff and go on about their day.
Thanks for this history - explains your DD’s degree of concern.

One would have to ask though, what if they found such a spider in their home or apartment? It isn't like they can move. Bugs happen, on vacation or at home. I can certainly understand a fear of spiders, my wife doesn't like them. Once I take a shoe or book to them though, she is fine with it. Even worse, at least to look at, in the midwest is the centipedes. Those things even freak me out!
I live in Hawaii and I abhor the thought of centipedes!! We have those really god-awful kinds they have in Thailand. Thank goodness for good pest control!! I’ll take a roach any darn day of the week (and spider). Those things are aggressive!!

My dad used to work in pest control and he would teach me all about insects and how you can tell if it's a brown recluse spider is by the symbols because I do know that black widow spiders have an symbol of an hourglass but I don't recall Dad taking care of these brown spiders before. But what I think your daughter and son-in law should do is call the front desk and ask if they can be moved to another room and maybe the new room won't have any bugs in it. It's surprising that this room wasn't inspected by Port Orleans Resort staff before your daughter moved in to it. Because when my mom was working in a hotel she had staff inspect rooms for bugs before renting them out for guests. What part of Port Orleans Resort is your daughter in? Because if she has a room that faces outside there is a factor that insects such as flies and spiders could come in if the door is open at all times
Good luck with your daughter and hope she can move to a new room
Let me know what happens,
Dodger

I found a little baby lizard in my shower at CR the other day. I was sort of curious how he/she got there (this was a high floor) and if mommy and daddy lizard were somewhere around, but I let it be. I hope it enjoys its time at CR. 😂

We love the lizards on our Disney trips. We don't see those at home, so we are always excited to spot them while we are there. :)

My dad used to work in pest control and he would teach me all about insects and how you can tell if it's a brown recluse spider is by the symbols because I do know that black widow spiders have an symbol of an hourglass but I don't recall Dad taking care of these brown spiders before. But what I think your daughter and son-in law should do is call the front desk and ask if they can be moved to another room and maybe the new room won't have any bugs in it. It's surprising that this room wasn't inspected by Port Orleans Resort staff before your daughter moved in to it. Because when my mom was working in a hotel she had staff inspect rooms for bugs before renting them out for guests. What part of Port Orleans Resort is your daughter in? Because if she has a room that faces outside there is a factor that insects such as flies and spiders could come in if the door is open at all times
Good luck with your daughter and hope she can move to a new room
Let me know what happens,
Dodger
THe room probably was inspected. They aren't going to find something like this in a room inspection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter