Brownsugar/cinnamon almonds & pecans

Renee'

I've a lil shadow that goes in & out with me, stay
Hi everyone. We just returned from WDW and had the most fabulous snack from a vendor in Epcot. They were serving warm brown sugared & cinnamon coated almonds and pecans. Do any of you know the recipe for the coating and how specifically it's made?

Thanks in advance for helping.

Hi - I think these were posted on the old boards.

I just checked Margie J's site and I didn't find them - but I bet she can help.

However, I just read that she is 85 years old - so give her time to reply.

Also, she apparantley gets yelled at for her driving habits - I think she is refrred to as a "Wacko Lady"

She also keeps telling me that she is sending me a commission check, but I get nothing.

So if she does indeed give you the recipes requested, please keep the above profile in mind!

Good Luck.

Renee,

Here are some recipes I got off http:www.thenutfactory.com

Hope one of them is close to what you are looking for.

Glazing Nuts

Here are the recipes commonly used to make glazed nuts.... although many are written for pecans, you can use almonds, cashews, or almost any other nut.

Glazed Almonds

2 cups blanched almonds
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

put all ingredients in a saucepan on high heat and cook until water is gone. Lower heat and stir rapidly until white look disappears from almonds and nuts are coated with brown syrup. Pour onto buttered cookie sheet and let cool. Break apart. Store in tins.

Glazed Pecans

2 cups pecan halves
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
salt

spread pecans in roasting pan, dot with butter, and drizzle with syrup. Roast in oven at 250 degrees for one hour - stirring often. Spread on waxed paper. Salt generously.

For above recipes add cinnamon or other flavoring in the sugar/water or corn syrup to give them that unusual taste.

Orange Pecans

3 cups pecan halves
1 tablespoon orange peel
1/2 cup orange juice
1-1/2 cups sugar

combine sugar, juice and peel. Cook to 236 degrees. Add pecans and stir with wooden spoon till opaque. Drop on waxed paper. Separate pecans. Store in tins.

Spiced Nuts

1 cup brown sugar
2 cups toasted pecan halves
4 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

cook sugar, salt, water and cinnamon to 242 degrees. Remove from heat, add pecans, toss to coat pecans. Pour on cookie sheet, separate, and cool. Store in tin.

Sugared Nuts

6 cups pecans
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups maple syrup
granulated sugar
powdered sugar

in saucepan boil brown sugar and maple syrup to 230 degrees. Cool slightly. In pan coat nuts, repeating until all nuts are covered. Dust with powdered sugar. Dry in cool place before storing in tins.

Thanks DT. I've got to try them and see which is closer. Although maybe I don't - I'll end up being as big as a house. :)

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter