BRRRRR Its Cold Out There

fbarker

DIS Veteran
Looking at the weather for the next week at WDW, and yes I know its hard to really project but:

1/01/18: 58/44
1/02/18: 54/48
1/03/18: 50/34
1/04/18: 53/33
1/05/18: 54/34

Cold for WDW but still better than what I will be getting here in Chicago:

1/01/18: 6/-4
1/02/18: 11/4
1/03/18: 15/-1
1/04/18: 11/0
1/05/18: 11/-3

I am already tired of winter and i am so looking forward to our end of March trip!!

Yeah, I’m in MI. I’d take 50’s! We go at the end of the month, and really, I’m planning on 50’s and anything else is a bonus. Have a good trip!

NY here, and it doesn't look much better than your Chicago forecast. Sadly, we don't go to Disney until August, but I'd sure take those 50's over what we will have this week!

Noooooooooooo. Luau wedding on 1/15. Strapless dress. Disney will only relocate inside if below 40°.

Looking at the weather for the next week at WDW, and yes I know its hard to really project but:

1/01/18: 58/44
1/02/18: 54/48
1/03/18: 50/34
1/04/18: 53/33
1/05/18: 54/34

Cold for WDW but still better than what I will be getting here in Chicago:

1/01/18: 6/-4
1/02/18: 11/4
1/03/18: 15/-1
1/04/18: 11/0
1/05/18: 11/-3

I am already tired of winter and i am so looking forward to our end of March trip!!

I think it's -8 here in Chicago right now.
Layers! Because sadly work won't let me stay home due to the cold. I'll be up in the morning waiting for the bus, walking from the Brown-Line to another bus at 6 in the morning as usual.
I hate to be one of "those" people, but honestly if you dress for it, it really isn't that bad. The other day it was 3 and we walked to Mariano's, I was practically sweating!

That said - in October at WDW when there were a few days with a high in the 60's, I complained - hated it! :)

It’s 12 degrees at my home right now, and the high is forecast for 3 the day I get back, so I’ll happily take this “cold” 52 degree weather. Could probably do without the rain, but I keep telling myself that it could be snow, so it could be worse.

One December several years ago I arrived at Epcot to see gardeners digging up frozen flowers to replace with new. So the temperature that preceding night would have had to be less than 32.

Of course I saw most guests wearing heavy winter coats.

We are here now and from Chicago. I thought 50s would be great compared to the negative temps in Chicago but it really is cold when you are outside all day. A sweatshirt just isn’t cutting it. Layers, hats and gloves are needed

Yeah, Disney cold is usually damp and breezy which makes it feel a lot colder than it really is. Especially with being out in the elements all day, it's just not pleasant at all!

:worship::worship:
*laughing hysterically* So... what kind of COLD is the -40 C New Years Eve we had here in Canada last night?
OMG. On our last ski trip, it was -12 when we left to go home, and that was the coldest temp I've ever experienced. You people are insanely tough.

Noooooooooooo. Luau wedding on 1/15. Strapless dress. Disney will only relocate inside if below 40°.
Oh man, my sympathies. My maid of honor forced me (haha) to wear a sleeveless dress because she "didn't want to hear me b****ing all day about being hot!" So they had short sleeves, and we had an unseasonably cool day in June and you can see her shivering on the video! LOL

I can't think of any sort of specific look right off hand, but maybe you can figure out some sort of wrap/shawl/shrug that would work, even if you just wear it in between photos. But maybe in the sun, you'll be fine!!! Congrats and aloha :)

I'm assuming once you get below zero it's the same....going to look it up after my Dis fix! Eddited to add....nope, not that simple. -10 c = 14 f so there must be algebra involved :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter