• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brunch Suggestion ?

Easto

Mouseketeer
We have a DDP Table Service left over for our departure day.

We are at POR and trying to figure out how to use that last credit. Our flight leave at 7, so we suspect we have to be on the magical express by 3 latest.

Would Disney Springs have a good option for a family of 4?

Also, any idea how to hammer away some snack credits? We have 2 park days and departure day with 35 snack credits left

Homecoming in Disney Springs does Brunch. I’ve only been for dinner. The deviled eggs and the Mac and cheese were amazing. The fried chicken they are known far was not as good as mama makes it.
Are you going to Epcot? I could use that many snacks tasting stuff at Food and Wine. If not you could always buy the bags of candy and take them back with you. Just open one when you are missing Disney Magic.

Homecoming in Disney Springs does Brunch. I’ve only been for dinner. The deviled eggs and the Mac and cheese were amazing. The fried chicken they are known far was not as good as mama makes it.
Are you going to Epcot? I could use that many snacks tasting stuff at Food and Wine. If not you could always buy the bags of candy and take them back with you. Just open one when you are missing Disney Magic.
Homecoming Brunch may only be on Sundays though. 😔

Our favorite brunch is just a late breakfast time at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think you can book as late as 11am.
We definitely use our snack credits for pre packaged Disney snacks.

I was just able to book a 9:05 am reservation for Homecoming on a Saturday. They don't even open till 9:30 according to their website so this is a little confusing but their brunch menu looks great. We had dinner there a couple years ago and it was very good. Worth looking into!

Sorry, you are correct. This summer they did start doing Brunch reservations there on Saturday’s also. They do Sat and Sun now.

We have a DDP Table Service left over for our departure day.

We are at POR and trying to figure out how to use that last credit. Our flight leave at 7, so we suspect we have to be on the magical express by 3 latest.

Would Disney Springs have a good option for a family of 4?

Also, any idea how to hammer away some snack credits? We have 2 park days and departure day with 35 snack credits left

Many places at DS serve brunch on both days of the weekend now. The brunch places I can recall are:
Homecomin'
Raglan Road
STK
one of the Mario and Enzo restaurants; not sure which one.
House of Blues are the ones that spring to mind.

Our departure day brunch is a do it yourself affair at Morimoto Asia. Various dumplings from the appetizer menu, some soup, and 1 or 2 entrees, shared makes up happy. Great way to use up 1 TS per person. Should someone want ribs and we've used all the TS credits they can still be acquired as a snack at the Morimoto Street Food.

Other uses for snack credits include loading up take home treats at Karamel Kuche at the Germany Pavilion. Nicely packed for travel at the store. Chicken Guy has some nice chicken strips and slaw for eating on the plane.

We will need something Wednesday
There are no named brunches throughout the World or even Disney Springs on a weekday.
Do you have to have eggs within the meal or perhaps it's just better to ask what would your party likes to eat for late breakfast/early lunch?

I would consider using it on a character meal breakfast (if your family is into characters) - it's a good use of a credit. 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's, Cape May, Trattoria would all be good options and they tend to seat until close to noon.

If you don't want characters, GF Cafe has a brunch menu every single day and it's very good. If your family wants to shop at Disney Springs before leaving town, you could take the boat to/from Olivia's at OKW (it's one of my favorite breakfast spots!).

My husbands favorite place on the day we leave is a late breakfast at Kona Cafe. He loves the Tonga toast with strawberry compote. The only time he has ever chosen something different was the year we went and they had pumpkin pancakes. He still dreams of having them again.

Trails End at Fort Wilderness has a great buffet. They do brunch on the weekends but I’d still recommend either the breakfast or dinner for the weekdays. One of our favorites for sure. Loved exploring the grounds as well.

Grand Floridian Cafe also serves a “brunch” everyday. (They just have a full breakfast/lunch menu until about 4pm)

And if you do decide on Disney Springs I’d suggest Homecomin or Morimoto.

Hmm it just occurred to me we may have some trouble getting to Disney Springs for a 9 am brunch as I don't think the whole place opens till 10, which means buses wouldn't start running till 9:15. Would anyone suggest using a Minnie van or uber?

Hmm it just occurred to me we may have some trouble getting to Disney Springs for a 9 am brunch as I don't think the whole place opens till 10, which means buses wouldn't start running till 9:15. Would anyone suggest using a Minnie van or uber?
I'd call the restaurant first to ask about the bus operating time since they are probably used to the question and if no clear answer, yes, use a Minnie Van or Uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter