• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bucket Lists

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Since newly retired, I am working on some bucket lists.

So far, I have top 100 AFI movies list; State capitols to visit and a list of WDW and DL attractions (for my friend who is somewhat new to Disney parks).

Any one have specific lists?

My running bucket list is to stay at each Disney property as they open. I've caught up a couple of times, then they open more. I like your movie idea though and will look into that.

I am retiring in a week. Number one of my bucket list, NOT having a bucket list. Until this Delta variant settles down, we will be staying close to home, also because I want to make sure our budget in retirement is realistic. If there is one thing I would have on a bucket list in retirement, being spontaneous probably would be near the top of the list. Not planning ahead, just doing things. For 64 years I have had a pretty structure life.......go to school at this time, or work, etc, I want to get away from that.

I don’t have a bucket list. I already know it would be a waste of time cause the things that I’d really like to do aren’t going to happen anyway. Right now my 92 year old mother-in-law from hell is sucking the life out of all of us 24/7 and her “kids” are 66-72 years old themselves. She’ll live to be 100 just to keep putting us all through hell. My husband’s still working full time too and then when he’s not, he’s taking care of her. We all just keep waiting for the nightmare to end.

My bucket list is primarily travel experiences, I'm forever adding additional things to it.

I do have a smaller list of things I'd like to learn how to do, or at least try once.
This is mine too. My bucket list is all travel related. It’s just not possible right now while we work full time but eventually I have so many places I want to visit!

Not a long list, yet :)
I’ll be retiring in about 2 years…my ideal retirement is to leave work on one day…and board a plane the next day to go to either Europe or Alaska for a cruise.

technically, both Cruises are on my bucket list, as well as other travel/trips. Would love to take one with our daughter and her family at some point, too.

My Bucket List
Travel:
✅Caribbean cruise - done 2x
✅WDW - done multiple times
✅ African safari - done 2019
Over water bungalow in French Polynesia
Alaskan Cruise
Luxury bike trip through Tuscany or Provence
Non travel related:
Get a dog
Buy a small beach condo
Get a small camping trailer

My travel bucket list:

Europe river cruise✅
Kentucky Derby
Fiji in over the water bungalow
London/Paris for vacation (have been there for business)
California SFA✅
Disneyland ✅
U.S. open - tennis ✅
The Masters
Budapest/Prague✅
Greek Isles cruise
Alaska cruise - including Vancouver
Key West
Canada - fall cruise
Southern Caribbean islands
Turks & Caicos
Rose parade✅
Secrets Majorca

My bucket list is mostly travel, although I have a few other things on it such as: finally learn to knit, learn to make pie crust, and learn to make bread with yeast in it. I'd also like to finish reading all of the books I own and see some musicals/plays (Hamilton, Cursed Child, Macbeth perfomed by the Royal Shakespeare Company, and Come From Away.)

I am retiring in a week. Number one of my bucket list, NOT having a bucket list. Until this Delta variant settles down, we will be staying close to home, also because I want to make sure our budget in retirement is realistic. If there is one thing I would have on a bucket list in retirement, being spontaneous probably would be near the top of the list. Not planning ahead, just doing things. For 64 years I have had a pretty structure life.......go to school at this time, or work, etc, I want to get away from that.

Still far from retirement.

But the spontaneous things is what I am all about now.

Last week, I found myself in another state (to visit MIL) an hour and a half away from a cousin I hadn't seen in 30 years. We live 19 hours and 1300 miles away from each other.

Her husband is a truck driver and she has started riding with him this year and was in Mil's state.

Before heading home, we drove out of our way an hour and a half and met up at a restaurant. It added 2 hours to our 7 hour drive home, but it was sooo worth it.

We had a fantastic 3 hour visit and I am still asking myself if it really happened.

The pandemic has taught me to take chances and live in the moment.

The pandemic has taught me to take chances and live in the moment.
Glad it worked for you. I know too many people who have been ill during the pandemic. I don't know anyone who died, but one co-worker has lost 7 family members to covid. It's a balance. Live in the moment, but don't live so much in the moment that you risk the future.

Glad it worked for you. I know too many people who have been ill during the pandemic. I don't know anyone who died, but one co-worker has lost 7 family members to covid. It's a balance. Live in the moment, but don't live so much in the moment that you risk the future.

???

What are you referring to?

We were all vaccinated adults visiting in an empty restaurant on a Monday, a holiday for many.

Truck drivers in their own cab have been safer than most occupations in the pandemic.

How is that risky?

One can live in the moment and take a chance without endangering themselves, even in a pandemic.

I was agreeing with you that spontaneity can be a good thing.

The Northern Lights are on our to do list. We are in the process of planning the trip for March '22. Any suggestions are welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter